For Kory

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: For Kory

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 7:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 7:27pm
revbob wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 7:05pm
Flex wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 11:55am
my wife likes cauli pizzas for keto/paleo type reasons, I find most of them genuinely inedible but their are one or two tolerable brands out there if I'm being "forced" to eat them.

Addendum: if I had to eat cauli crust for allergy reasons, I'd probably just give pizza a full pass.
Cauliflower is inedible. Someone said Cauliflower steak to me the other day. They wont say it again.

Ive killed for less.
Cauliflower, broccoli, and parsnips are my "I'll go hungry, thanks" vegetables. People who eat them have failed god's subtle test and won't be going to heaven.
I think you forgot brussel sprouts. :yuck:
Whoops—yup, you're right.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Flex wrote:
my wife likes cauli pizzas for keto/paleo type reasons, I find most of them genuinely inedible but their are one or two tolerable brands out there if I'm being "forced" to eat them.

Addendum: if I had to eat cauli crust for allergy reasons, I'd probably just give pizza a full pass.
Cauliflower is inedible. Someone said Cauliflower steak to me the other day. They wont say it again.

Ive killed for less.
Cauliflower, broccoli, and parsnips are my "I'll go hungry, thanks" vegetables. People who eat them have failed god's subtle test and won't be going to heaven.
Im good with broccoli in limited situations but Cauliflower and parsnips can completely fuck off.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Flex wrote:

Ive killed for less.
Yeah, I agree with this. Properly cooked I can tolerate most of these but I think I have this visceral reaction to this genre of food like how some people have with cilantro. It all tastes like decay and despair to me.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I think we need to pretend your forks are airplanes, guys.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 3:00pm
Emotionally aside, I'm no longer two.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
I'll eat broccoli if it isnt charred or soggy. Parsnips are like shitty carrots why bother?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 3:19pm
Kory wrote:
I'll eat broccoli if it isnt charred or soggy. Parsnips are like shitty carrots why bother?
Because the world is full of experience and wonder, especially with food, and we should endeavor to find ways to enjoy it all. You can't take your parsnips with you.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 3:33pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Because the world is full of experience and wonder, especially with food, and we should endeavor to find ways to enjoy it all. You can't take your parsnips with you.
I agree with the sentiment.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Not all experiences are good ones; we should accept that and move on, seeking to avoid a repeat.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 5:12pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Not all experiences are good ones; we should accept that and move on, seeking to avoid a repeat.
Yeah I tried the seaweed shit that the hippie neighbors gave their kids as a snack and it was fucking awful. Therefore I will not be trying that again...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 5:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Yeah I tried the seaweed shit that the hippie neighbors gave their kids as a snack and it was fucking awful. Therefore I will not be trying that again...
Perseverance leads to going back to Bud mango over and over.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Tastes change, bucko

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 6:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Tastes change, bucko
Sure for some things but speaking as a 54yo, Im not big on 2nd chances much at this point in my life. That goes for a lot of things not just food

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 6:47pm
Kory wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 6:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:

Tastes change, bucko
Sure for some things but speaking as a 54yo, Im not big on 2nd chances much at this point in my life. That goes for a lot of things not just food
Ditto. If you hate a food when you're 16, yeah, give it a try 10 years later. At 53, I'm fairly confident that the stuff I really hate deserves its status in my big book of likes and dislikes.