NHL 2021

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: NHL 2021

Post by Flex »

out of market nhl games have migrated to espn+ this season which means I'll be watching a lot more bruins this year
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Inder wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 6:43pm
:mrgreen:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'll bet I've posted this before but whatever, it popped in my head and always found it appealing.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 8:39pm

I'll bet I've posted this before but whatever, it popped in my head and always found it appealing.
Don’t know how I missed this post but that…is…adorable. Reminds me of this from the Sabres 1975 cup run:

“We’re gonna slap, gonna slap that cup!”

(narrator’s voice: “They didn’t slap that cup.”)

In the late 70s, age 5 or 6, this was little Kimmelweck’s favorite song, along with the Beatles – Come Together. Back then, if either of those songs came on the radio, everyone knew they had better shut the hell up while little Kimmelweck grooved out or there would be hell to pay. :lol:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 4:21am
Don’t know how I missed this post but that…is…adorable. Reminds me of this from the Sabres 1975 cup run:

In the late 70s, age 5 or 6, this was little Kimmelweck’s favorite song, along with the Beatles – Come Together. Back then, if either of those songs came on the radio, everyone knew they had better shut the hell up while little Kimmelweck grooved out or there would be hell to pay. :lol:
That song as both adorable, touching, and very very sad. It's like the soundtrack of Charlie Brown running up to the football.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 7:36am
Kimmelweck wrote:

That song as both adorable, touching, and very very sad. It's like the soundtrack of Charlie Brown running up to the football.
Ha! Yeah, it was such naive optimism, followed by (between the Sabres and Bills) a combined 90 seasons that ended in disappointment, with Buffalo lying on its back, staring at the clouds yet again. Feeling pretty good about this year though... :approve: ;)

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 2:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:

Ha! Yeah, it was such naive optimism, followed by (between the Sabres and Bills) a combined 90 seasons that ended in disappointment, with Buffalo lying on its back, staring at the clouds yet again. Feeling pretty good about this year though... :approve: ;)
It means s/f/a, given that I don't follow hockey, but I am now officially a Sabres fan. Add one to the database or whatever.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 3:05pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 2:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:

It means s/f/a, given that I don't follow hockey, but I am now officially a Sabres fan. Add one to the database or whatever.
Thanks man, that’s appreciated. The Sabres get shit on a lot since Pegula bought the team (mostly deserved) but over their first 40 years of existence, they actually had the 3rd best overall winning percentage in the league and made the playoffs 3 out of every 4 years. They just never managed to put it all together and win a cup. They’re a very young team right now, but this year (after trading off their older core) they seem more like an actual team rather than just a collection of individuals, and they finally have a coach that seems just right for this group - high character, hardworking guys with no ego issues. The last decade has been incredibly dark, but the future looks brighter than it has in a long time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 8:04pm
Thanks man, that’s appreciated. The Sabres get shit on a lot since Pegula bought the team (mostly deserved) but over their first 40 years of existence, they actually had the 3rd best overall winning percentage in the league and made the playoffs 3 out of every 4 years. They just never managed to put it all together and win a cup. They’re a very young team right now, but this year (after trading off their older core) they seem more like an actual team rather than just a collection of individuals, and they finally have a coach that seems just right for this group - high character, hardworking guys with no ego issues. The last decade has been incredibly dark, but the future looks brighter than it has in a long time.
Reading between the lines, you're saying I'm putting the team over the top.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 8:13pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Yes. I’ve updated the database and your Sabres pajamas are in the mail. Welcome aboard.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 8:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Yes. I’ve updated the database and your Sabres pajamas are in the mail. Welcome aboard.
My Perreaults!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 9:34pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 8:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
My Perreaults!
:cool:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/gu ... -1.6259489

I was neither a Habs nor LaFleur fan as a kid, but his cancer saddens me. There was an obvious joy with how he played.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 6:22pm
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/gu ... -1.6259489

I was neither a Habs nor LaFleur fan as a kid, but his cancer saddens me. There was an obvious joy with how he played.
Yeah that’s a bummer. Was never a Habs fan either, but always liked/respected LaFleur. Pulling his cards out of packs in the late 70s/early 80s was always special. He came up at the same time as Perreault and Dionne - what a trio. Recalling that period of classic hockey corresponding to their primes is a major part of what still draws me to hockey.