NHL 2021

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: NHL 2021

Post by Kimmelweck »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 9:35pm
Found while unpacking...
Nice puck. I think I have a Pat Lafontaine one around here somewhere.

Also, on the topic of hockey memorabilia…about 15 years ago when I cared more about such things, I mailed some trading cards I had accumulated in the early 90s to various players to get them autographed. Mostly former Sabres, but also a few random hall-of-famers. Anyway, this past November, over 14 years after mailing them out in 2006, I got these back in the mail. He must have been bored during pandemic isolation and probably had time to catch up on a bunch of signings. Somehow they made it through the mail despite having only the 37 cent stamp I included at the time. I imagine his wife told him “Get those damned things signed and mailed out or I’m putting the whole box in the trash!” :mrgreen:

BrianLeetch.jpg
BrianLeetch.jpg (160.53 KiB) Viewed 3425 times
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Leafs legend Brian Leetch!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Kimmelweck wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 1:08am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Found while unpacking...

Also, on the topic of hockey memorabilia…about 15 years ago when I cared more about such things, I mailed some trading cards I had accumulated in the early 90s to various players to get them autographed. Mostly former Sabres, but also a few random hall-of-famers. Anyway, this past November, over 14 years after mailing them out in 2006, I got these back in the mail. He must have been bored during pandemic isolation and probably had time to catch up on a bunch of signings. Somehow they made it through the mail despite having only the 37 cent stamp I included at the time. I imagine his wife told him “Get those damned things signed and mailed out or I’m putting the whole box in the trash!” :mrgreen:

BrianLeetch.jpg
I love this!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Inder wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 5:30am
Leafs legend Brian Leetch!
:mrgreen:

That’s US Olympic legend Brian Leetch (silver medal, 2002).
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 9:42pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 1:08am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Found while unpacking...

BrianLeetch.jpg
I love this!
Yeah, it was pretty cool. I immediately recognized the self-addressed envelope when I pulled it out of my mail box and thought – no friggin’ way, who could it be? There were no external markings identifying the sender. Was stoked when I opened it and it was Brian Leetch. 14 years though. :lol:

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Great to see this guy get wins in his first 2 NHL games at age 28. Overcame a ton of adversity to get here.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Good to see there's some happiness in Sabresworld at the end of this nightmare season.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Rangers/Caps -- what a shitshow!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Genuinely feeling positive about the playoffs.

Leafiest outcome would be they finally win with no live spectators or parties allowed.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Inder wrote:
14 May 2021, 4:42pm
Genuinely feeling positive about the playoffs.

Leafiest outcome would be they finally win with no live spectators or parties allowed.
I've decided to pull for Toronto this postseason.

When the Leafs crash and burn in the first round, you'll know who to blame. :mrgreen:

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Just saw video of the Tavares injury. Holy crap, scary stuff. Seemed like an unintentional hit, just a freak play. Good to see the Leafs win one for him tonight, but more importantly I hope he’s ok.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2021, 12:55pm
Ken Dryden on fighting in hockey: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... stupidity/
Pretty good article. I thought it was stupid a.f. that they couldn’t get back to playing without a fight after the Tavares injury the other night. Guy gets accidentally injured, it’s a somber moment and everyone is worried there might be a serious head injury, so let’s clear the air by letting me take a few swings at your head. The injury wasn’t even Perry’s fault and he obviously felt terrible about it. Good on him I guess for just kind of taking it - he wrestled around with Foligno, took a few punches but didn’t throw any of his own. On the street, Foligno might have wound up in jail – but on the ice? Nah, gotta get some payback for an accidental injury. I can understand a few mutual punches in the heat of the moment during a rough game, but that choreographed Code stuff is just insulting bullshit.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
27 May 2021, 6:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2021, 12:55pm
Ken Dryden on fighting in hockey: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... stupidity/
Pretty good article. I thought it was stupid a.f. that they couldn’t get back to playing without a fight after the Tavares injury the other night. Guy gets accidentally injured, it’s a somber moment and everyone is worried there might be a serious head injury, so let’s clear the air by letting me take a few swings at your head. The injury wasn’t even Perry’s fault and he obviously felt terrible about it. Good on him I guess for just kind of taking it - he wrestled around with Foligno, took a few punches but didn’t throw any of his own. On the street, Foligno might have wound up in jail – but on the ice? Nah, gotta get some payback for an accidental injury. I can understand a few mutual punches in the heat of the moment during a rough game, but that choreographed Code stuff is just insulting bullshit.
I find it bullshit that the NHL basically condones fighting. Other sports, you fight, you're gone from that game and are likely looking at a suspension. In hockey, you get a five-minute time-out. You really have to go apeshit for punishment comparable to other sports. The fact that there is a penalty called fighting places it within the rules of the game. Dumbass goonery.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft