Wildlife Encounters

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Sparky »

Neighbors of yours Doc?

"A raccoon swimming in my family’s pool, on August 3, 2022, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He was overheated and needed to cool down. We let him swim and called animal control to ensure he was healthy. They came to check him out and left him be."

https://viralhog.com/v?t=4dz6gjc4q2&&page=1
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 7:46pm
Neighbors of yours Doc?

"A raccoon swimming in my family’s pool, on August 3, 2022, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He was overheated and needed to cool down. We let him swim and called animal control to ensure he was healthy. They came to check him out and left him be."

Poor guy—it's brutally hot in southern Ontario these days. Despite my efforts to keep them off our deck—we had two more last night trying to breach the perimeter—I still love watching them and think they're adorable as all get out.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 8:04pm
Sparky wrote:
Neighbors of yours Doc?

Poor guy—it's brutally hot in southern Ontario these days. Despite my efforts to keep them off our deck—we had two more last night trying to breach the perimeter—I still love watching them and think they're adorable as all get out.
I don't blame the little guy one bit and I'm really glad the homeowner allowed it to continue to cool off in the pool instead of chasing him off.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 8:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 8:04pm
Sparky wrote:
Neighbors of yours Doc?

I don't blame the little guy one bit and I'm really glad the homeowner allowed it to continue to cool off in the pool instead of chasing him off.
I just snuck outside (i.e., avoiding any deep sighs from The Boss) to put a pail of water for any nighttime intruders.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
11 Aug 2022, 7:35pm
More raccoon fun for Doc.

https://www.tiktok.com/@stoneholly/vide ... 9727856942
Adorable because it's not us. We have, btw, had more incidences that have led me to adjust the barriers. We will win this fight!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Aug 2022, 7:56pm
Sparky wrote:

Adorable because it's not us. We have, btw, had more incidences that have led me to adjust the barriers. We will win this fight!
I don't think you will until you stop filling the backyard with your garbage.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Aug 2022, 8:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

There is zero garbage in our backyard. Beyond that, the evidence I've got suggests they're only showing up at daybreak, looking for a place to hide out, not to find food.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Aug 2022, 8:58pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

There is zero garbage in our backyard. Beyond that, the evidence I've got suggests they're only showing up at daybreak, looking for a place to hide out, not to find food.
I was just giving you more shit about the picture of the backyard you posted the other day.

But the word is out about your place in the racoon community

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Everybody is rooting for you Doc. It's beyond time somebody teaches these varmints a little lesson about morality and about what it's like to be a decent, upstanding member of a society!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Aug 2022, 9:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Aug 2022, 8:58pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

I was just giving you more shit about the picture of the backyard you posted the other day.

But the word is out about your place in the racoon community
Apparently it's the wrong word. There is no room at the inn, Racoon Mary and Joseph. Go have your Racoon Messiah elsewhere!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 12:53pm
This is damn cool.
https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/273943
Buncha chatty cathies. C'mon, there are chipmunks tryin' to sleep here!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I was at a meeting for an organization I volunteer for at a private home yesterday. I was warned by the ED of the org that the homeowner was a former hunter, knowing my proclivities toward animal rights. OK, I was expecting maybe a deer head above the fireplace. I certainly don't love that, but, hey, most people who hunt deer eat the meat and use the hides to make gloves and stuff. Well...

House was filled with big game "trophies." A polar bear pelt was hanging above the fireplace. A lion was in mid-attack pose. A leopard was hanging out on the table. I have never been so horrified in my life.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 3:26pm
I was at a meeting for an organization I volunteer for at a private home yesterday. I was warned by the ED of the org that the homeowner was a former hunter, knowing my proclivities toward animal rights. OK, I was expecting maybe a deer head above the fireplace. I certainly don't love that, but, hey, most people who hunt deer eat the meat and use the hides to make gloves and stuff. Well...

House was filled with big game "trophies." A polar bear pelt was hanging above the fireplace. A lion was in mid-attack pose. A leopard was hanging out on the table. I have never been so horrified in my life.
Ugh. The older I get the more sensitive I am to that stuff. I flat-out do not understand hunting trophies. There are reasons that people kill animals that are understandable—food, safety, mercy. But celebrating it, to desire to be reminded of what you did … yeah, that's something that I can't process.