Wildlife Encounters

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 May 2022, 9:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2022, 7:13pm
For those who are curious, coyote urine has a definite strong and musky smell. I soaked several rags and put them in key places. Hopefully this doesn't attract coyotes. X(

Does your wife know about this or is it intended as some kind of sexy surprise?
We're married. There are no sexy surprises. :disshame:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
15 May 2022, 12:10am
Someone was eating good that night.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 May 2022, 6:25am
:sad:
I had the same reaction.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
15 May 2022, 7:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I had the same reaction.
An animal in distress is heartbreaking; people laughing at it is infuriating.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 May 2022, 8:13am
Mimi wrote:
15 May 2022, 7:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I had the same reaction.
An animal in distress is heartbreaking; people laughing at it is infuriating.
I thought it was cruel as well, idiot swinging it like a stuffed toy. I haven't seen the rest of the video, I hope the raccoon is alright.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

What an asshole. Poor animal must scared half to death. I wish to pick that fucker up and swing him around a bit.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20220518_174401.jpg
20220518_174407.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20220518_174337.jpg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spotted on a walk or can that be seen from your yard?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2022, 12:52pm
Im visting family in NY. There is a family of foxes in a burrow thst goes under my sister's driveway. They just run around all day. Those pics were taken at my mom's old place. They have been very difficult to get pics of. There's 4 pups or whatever they are called and two adults. The pups are quick to flee if you get too close.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 May 2022, 1:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Im visting family in NY. There is a family of foxes in a burrow thst goes under my sister's driveway. They just run around all day. Those pics were taken at my mom's old place. They have been very difficult to get pics of. There's 4 pups or whatever they are called and two adults. The pups are quick to flee if you get too close.
That's fantastic. Baby foxes, btw, are kits.

The Boss' sister lives on a farm in Saskatchewan and has a reputation for taking in any and all strays, which neighbours take advantage of. A few years ago, a neighbour brought her an orphaned baby coyote. He fit right in with all the other animals, slept indoors at night, caused no more problems than the dogs. His first spring once he was an adult, he took off and they haven't seen him since. Just an adorable little bugger.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2022, 1:25pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The Boss' sister lives on a farm in Saskatchewan and has a reputation for taking in any and all strays, which neighbours take advantage of. A few years ago, a neighbour brought her an orphaned baby coyote. He fit right in with all the other animals, slept indoors at night, caused no more problems than the dogs. His first spring once he was an adult, he took off and they haven't seen him since. Just an adorable little bugger.
Beautiful animals. Have always had a family of foxes (or families) round the back garden and they are always a joy to behold. Broke my heart a couple of years ago when a local newsletter dropped through the letterbox and one of the lead stories was the fox "problem" in the area. None as far as I'm concerned. Though still plentiful, i have noticed a significant drop off in numbers past couple of years, i initially attributed this to covid as people were home and spending more time in their gardens but there's still no sign of a pick up and feeling quite sad about that.

Edit: i obviously am referring to foxes as don't have coyotes round these parts just yet!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
19 May 2022, 5:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2022, 1:25pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Beautiful animals. Have always had a family of foxes (or families) round the back garden and they are always a joy to behold. Broke my heart a couple of years ago when a local newsletter dropped through the letterbox and one of the lead stories was the fox "problem" in the area. None as far as I'm concerned. Though still plentiful, i have noticed a significant drop off in numbers past couple of years, i initially attributed this to covid as people were home and spending more time in their gardens but there's still no sign of a pick up and feeling quite sad about that.

Edit: i obviously am referring to foxes as don't have coyotes round these parts just yet!
Yup. I understand how foxes can be a problem—like any wildlife, really—but they are so utterly beautiful and doglike enough that it's impossible for me not to be wholly enchanted.