Wildlife Encounters

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 5:08pm
revbob wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 3:42pm
20210620_145336.jpg20210620_144113.jpg

Great day for a bike ride.
Kilometres? Vermont really is commie.
We bow down way too much to our northern neighbors. Our policy of appeasement is getting us nowhere.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 5:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

We bow down way too much to our northern neighbors. Our policy of appeasement is getting us nowhere.
We'll never actually trust you. You may be more sensible Americans in our eyes, but you're still Americans.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 5:50pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

We'll never actually trust you. You may be more sensible Americans in our eyes, but you're still Americans.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 5:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

The polite and moderately evil empire.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 6:07pm
revbob wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 5:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The polite and moderately evil empire.
And then there was Donny, who headed the "severely evil empire".
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Went for another walk in the local wetlands today, snapped a couple of bird pictures. I'm by no means a "birder", I have to use Google images to try to figure out what I saw.
First one is supposed to be a Great Egret, the second one a Blue Heron.
Attachments
Great Egret.jpg
Blue Heron.JPG

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Sparky wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 3:24pm
Went for another walk in the local wetlands today, snapped a couple of bird pictures. I'm by no means a "birder", I have to use Google images to try to figure out what I saw.
Wow, those are fantastic photos. Phone pics? They look like something out of National Geographic.

I've so far been unable to get a pic of the groundhog that keeps eating my gooseberries. All I ever see is a fat rump bolting away when I head out into the yard.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kimmelweck wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 4:00pm
Sparky wrote:
Wow, those are fantastic photos. Phone pics? They look like something out of National Geographic.

I've so far been unable to get a pic of the groundhog that keeps eating my gooseberries. All I ever see is a fat rump bolting away when I head out into the yard.
Thanks Kimmelweck, they were taken with a Canon T6i with a 150 - 600mm zoom and a lot of luck. I enjoy digital photography, I can take as many shots as I want, surly one or two will come out, and I don't have to pay for processing / printing.
We don't have groundhogs here but we've got a what I believe to be a few well fed fox squirrels that likes the apples and cherry tomatoes in our yard. Fun to watch, but it freaks our 3 cats out seeing it in the yard. If I open the back door, the scatter, so I haven't been able to get any pics of them in action.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Sparky wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 4:10pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 4:00pm
Sparky wrote:

Thanks Kimmelweck, they were taken with a Canon T6i with a 150 - 600mm zoom and a lot of luck. I enjoy digital photography, I can take as many shots as I want, surly one or two will come out, and I don't have to pay for processing / printing.
We don't have groundhogs here but we've got a what I believe to be a few well fed fox squirrels that likes the apples and cherry tomatoes in our yard. Fun to watch, but it freaks our 3 cats out seeing it in the yard. If I open the back door, the scatter, so I haven't been able to get any pics of them in action.
Ah, cool. Yeah, digital photography is great. Just snap away and choose the best shot. It's definitely nice to not buy film or pay to process a roll of blurry shots anymore. I have a Nikon Coolpix 5400 but I could use a new camera as mine is about 15 years old. That's an eternity as far as digital camera technology goes, and my phone takes better shots these days.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

In keeping with my previous submission of deer fucking here is a follow up of horseshoe crab fucking courtesy of my daughter who is at the beach but sadly I am not..
646602128.jpg

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 3:48pm
In keeping with my previous submission of deer fucking here is a follow up of horseshoe crab fucking courtesy of my daughter who is at the beach but sadly I am not..

646602128.jpg
Those things are cool. I remember seeing them as a kid at the Niagara Falls Aquarium, where they had a "touch tank" and you could pick them up and handle them. Haven't been there in years, but we used to get a combined season pass every year to the aquarium and the Buffalo Zoo.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:

646602128.jpg
Saw this as well as Kimmelweck's post, we just saw some of these last week at the Aquarium of the Pacific. Very prehistoric looking creatures and no, we didn't attempt to "pet" them.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 5:42pm
revbob wrote:

646602128.jpg
Saw this as well as Kimmelweck's post, we just saw some of these last week at the Aquarium of the Pacific. Very prehistoric looking creatures and no, we didn't attempt to "pet" them.
My daughter called me concerned that they might be in distress.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 6:34pm
Sparky wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 5:42pm
revbob wrote:

646602128.jpg
My daughter called me concerned that they might be in distress.
:lol:

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Sparky wrote:
Great shots!