Wildlife Encounters

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 103195
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: An Ice Floe in Uncharted Waters

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 3:17pm
JennyB wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 11:16am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 9:25am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 2:17am
I saw a bear today.
Image
I was at PrifeFest over the weekend and my group (the Jews) marched behind the bears. I was super surprised at how many people didn't know what bears were. Some were like "awww, that's so cute! They have a dog paw in their flag!"
I liked this poster that was in my hotel room in SF. Don't know why it's sideways.

9CA20616-695A-4642-A9F4-782037E980DA.jpeg
Double-clicking on attached pictures opens properly oriented.

Also, I'm a bear chaser?
"And I said, 'I ate hot-buttered corn all night.' Anyway, about the Soviet Union." - Winston Churchill, "Iron Curtain" speech, 5 March 1946

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15288
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 4:03pm
Also, I'm a bear chaser?
Something we all knew.
"Toto is OK." —Inder

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 103195
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: An Ice Floe in Uncharted Waters

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 5:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 4:03pm
Also, I'm a bear chaser?
Something we all knew.
I've just been sleepwalking thru my life. :disshame:
"And I said, 'I ate hot-buttered corn all night.' Anyway, about the Soviet Union." - Winston Churchill, "Iron Curtain" speech, 5 March 1946

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 11546
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Bear!!!
Attachments
D15E5A39-E985-4AE6-9E03-FC8E3AF00929.jpeg
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 11546
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by BostonBeaneater »

BEARS!!!
Attachments
4B0C220C-DE87-43AC-9288-F8512627C959.jpeg
Image

Sparky
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2575
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Sparky »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 10:49pm
BEARS!!!
How close are you getting to them in order to get these pictures?
"How can the Replacements be the best band of the 80's when I've never even heard of them?" - Jon Bon Jovi - Musician Magazine 1989

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 11546
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Sparky wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 11:07pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 10:49pm
BEARS!!!
How close are you getting to them in order to get these pictures?
I was in our rental car. Driving through the park you’ll see a gaggle of cars stopped and looking. These photos were from 20-30 feet away.
Image

JennyB
User avatar
Mossad Van Driver
Posts: 20825
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 10:49pm
BEARS!!!
LOOK AT THE BABY!!!!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
User avatar
Mossad Van Driver
Posts: 20825
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by JennyB »

I saw this squirrel on our deck the other day. I thought it was hilarious - like he's just chilling. Or high.
Attachments
Chill Squirrel.jpg
Chill Squirrel.jpg (32.99 KiB) Viewed 324 times
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
User avatar
Mossad Van Driver
Posts: 20825
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 3:17pm
JennyB wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 11:16am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 9:25am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 2:17am
I saw a bear today.
Image
I was at PrifeFest over the weekend and my group (the Jews) marched behind the bears. I was super surprised at how many people didn't know what bears were. Some were like "awww, that's so cute! They have a dog paw in their flag!"
I liked this poster that was in my hotel room in SF. Don't know why it's sideways.

9CA20616-695A-4642-A9F4-782037E980DA.jpeg
Hee!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 103195
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: An Ice Floe in Uncharted Waters

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 12:38pm
I saw this squirrel on our deck the other day. I thought it was hilarious - like he's just chilling. Or high.
See, I just can't hate squirrels at all. They're fun and funny. We've had some chipmunks move into the neighbourhood, competing with the squirrels for the peanuts I throw out in the morning. What's striking is that they have no aversion to people. I've been outside in the yard and they'll come up to me and just hang out, then casually walk away. And they're so dang small and cute.
"And I said, 'I ate hot-buttered corn all night.' Anyway, about the Soviet Union." - Winston Churchill, "Iron Curtain" speech, 5 March 1946

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3461
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 1:12pm
JennyB wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 12:38pm
I saw this squirrel on our deck the other day. I thought it was hilarious - like he's just chilling. Or high.
See, I just can't hate squirrels at all. They're fun and funny. We've had some chipmunks move into the neighbourhood, competing with the squirrels for the peanuts I throw out in the morning. What's striking is that they have no aversion to people. I've been outside in the yard and they'll come up to me and just hang out, then casually walk away. And they're so dang small and cute.
I get more squirrels on the bird feeders than birds which is quite alright by me! The greys pretty much killed off the reds round here which is a black mark, but I don't hold it against them either. It's just nature.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 103195
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: An Ice Floe in Uncharted Waters

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 1:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 1:12pm
JennyB wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 12:38pm
I saw this squirrel on our deck the other day. I thought it was hilarious - like he's just chilling. Or high.
See, I just can't hate squirrels at all. They're fun and funny. We've had some chipmunks move into the neighbourhood, competing with the squirrels for the peanuts I throw out in the morning. What's striking is that they have no aversion to people. I've been outside in the yard and they'll come up to me and just hang out, then casually walk away. And they're so dang small and cute.
I get more squirrels on the bird feeders than birds which is quite alright by me! The greys pretty much killed off the reds round here which is a black mark, but I don't hold it against them either. It's just nature.
I hung up a bird feeder about a month ago. It's in a place the squirrels can't get to, but it's also one that's got a weight-sensitive mechanism, so a squirrel would cause access to the seed to be shut off. That said, the birds make a complete mess of everything so that within a day the feeder is empty and most of the seed is on our front porch. Fuckers.
"And I said, 'I ate hot-buttered corn all night.' Anyway, about the Soviet Union." - Winston Churchill, "Iron Curtain" speech, 5 March 1946

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 19970
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 1:41pm
Low Down Low wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 1:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 1:12pm
JennyB wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 12:38pm
I saw this squirrel on our deck the other day. I thought it was hilarious - like he's just chilling. Or high.
See, I just can't hate squirrels at all. They're fun and funny. We've had some chipmunks move into the neighbourhood, competing with the squirrels for the peanuts I throw out in the morning. What's striking is that they have no aversion to people. I've been outside in the yard and they'll come up to me and just hang out, then casually walk away. And they're so dang small and cute.
I get more squirrels on the bird feeders than birds which is quite alright by me! The greys pretty much killed off the reds round here which is a black mark, but I don't hold it against them either. It's just nature.
I hung up a bird feeder about a month ago. It's in a place the squirrels can't get to, but it's also one that's got a weight-sensitive mechanism, so a squirrel would cause access to the seed to be shut off. That said, the birds make a complete mess of everything so that within a day the feeder is empty and most of the seed is on our front porch. Fuckers.
Back in my day birds and squirrels didn't need handouts.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 103195
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: An Ice Floe in Uncharted Waters

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 1:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 1:41pm
Low Down Low wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 1:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 1:12pm
JennyB wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 12:38pm
I saw this squirrel on our deck the other day. I thought it was hilarious - like he's just chilling. Or high.
See, I just can't hate squirrels at all. They're fun and funny. We've had some chipmunks move into the neighbourhood, competing with the squirrels for the peanuts I throw out in the morning. What's striking is that they have no aversion to people. I've been outside in the yard and they'll come up to me and just hang out, then casually walk away. And they're so dang small and cute.
I get more squirrels on the bird feeders than birds which is quite alright by me! The greys pretty much killed off the reds round here which is a black mark, but I don't hold it against them either. It's just nature.
I hung up a bird feeder about a month ago. It's in a place the squirrels can't get to, but it's also one that's got a weight-sensitive mechanism, so a squirrel would cause access to the seed to be shut off. That said, the birds make a complete mess of everything so that within a day the feeder is empty and most of the seed is on our front porch. Fuckers.
Back in my day birds and squirrels didn't need handouts.
If we didn't do that, they'd just be breaking into pet stores and mugging elephants for peanuts.
"And I said, 'I ate hot-buttered corn all night.' Anyway, about the Soviet Union." - Winston Churchill, "Iron Curtain" speech, 5 March 1946

Post Reply