The NewsRadio appreciation thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The NewsRadio appreciation thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 3:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 2:00pm
Kory wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 1:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 1:21pm
Kory wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 12:45pm

"Wankel Rotary Engine"
C) Good evening.
That would be a good trivia question for Pythonites—on the original album the final "good evening" links up with the "Book at Bedtime" sketch, and on the Final Rip-Off compilation, it links to the "Australian Table Wine" sketch.
I don't think I know the former. Is that Idle reading children's stories that take rather adult twists?
Basically, but it's Cleese instead and he just reads what Idle only allowed us to imagine in the show. It's only about 10 seconds but we find out what happens with the melon.
Something ribald, I hope!
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 4:07pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 1:21pm

C) Good evening.
That would be a good trivia question for Pythonites—on the original album the final "good evening" links up with the "Book at Bedtime" sketch, and on the Final Rip-Off compilation, it links to the "Australian Table Wine" sketch.
I don't think I know the former. Is that Idle reading children's stories that take rather adult twists?
Basically, but it's Cleese instead and he just reads what Idle only allowed us to imagine in the show. It's only about 10 seconds but we find out what happens with the melon.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 6:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 4:07pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

And that's how we do shit 'round here! :cool: (That joke will be completely lost on an entire generation who hasn't a clue who Martin Lawrence is.)
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

Flex wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 12:43pm
Joe Rogan didn't realize his newsradio character was supposed to be a joke so just went on and built the rest of his career around being that guy but for real.
I really liked this show, for many reasons, the Jimmy James character was hilarious. I agree with you about Rogan, he was good in the show but in the real world of today he is such a blithering idiot, he IS Joe Garrelli and that really pisses me off. While knowing his assholi-ness doesn't ruin the show for me, now when I watch the show it's kinda always there hovering in the back of my mind. The last season (without Hartman and with Lovitz) was weak and I almost wish they didn't make that final season, but overall I really liked this show a lot. Also, Maura Tierney was very attractive to my eyes. lol
Last edited by weller259 on 24 Jan 2022, 3:31pm, edited 1 time in total.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

weller259 wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 5:42pm
Flex wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 12:43pm
Joe Rogan didn't realize his newsradio character was supposed to be a joke so just went on and built the rest of his career around being that guy but for real.
I really liked this show, for many reasons, the Jimmy James character was hilarious. I agree with you about Rogan, he was good in the show but in the real world of today he is such a blithering idiot, he IS Joe Garrelli and that really pisses me off. While knowing his assholi-ness doesn't ruin the show for me, now when I watch the show it's kinda always there hovering in the back of my mind. The last season (without Hartman and with Lovitz) was weak and I almost wish they didn't make that final season, but overall I really liked this show a lot. Also, Maura Tierney was very attracxtive to my eyes. lol
She's still good looking and is a great actor. Watch The Affair, if you can stomach how intense it is. It's also got Ruth Wilson, one of my faves.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I wonder if Andy Dick is looking at the Joe Rogan/Spotify shitfest and thinking, "I'm no longer the most embarrassing cast member."