Hey Sparky...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Hey Sparky...

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 7:35pm

Fun at the time, but I feel a bit of an unnecessary dick now in documenting it all. Make no mistake, he was a shitty neighbour disliked by everyone, but my public mocking was punching down.
Don't be hard on yourself. Who among us has not mocked the stupid.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 8:00pm
Sparky wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 3:34pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 3:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 2:18pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 1:59pm

I wonder how Doublewide is doing.
His Facebook account claims he's in Sparta, Greece. Are Greeks more tolerant of fucknuts?
I believe they are. I have a friend from Greece and he's got a little of that doublewide culture in him. Cooking hotdogs on stick with the heat from a boat engine, that sort of thing.
Cooking hotdogs on stick with the heat from a boat engine, that sort of thing.

Careful, you're getting very close to describing some of my kinfolk there!
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
I've put a foil wrapped burrito on the manifold of a large truck, driven to a jobsite, had breakfast....nice and warm, no diesel smell or taste!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 8:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Fun at the time, but I feel a bit of an unnecessary dick now in documenting it all. Make no mistake, he was a shitty neighbour disliked by everyone, but my public mocking was punching down.
Sure, but punch up, not down.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater

Sparky wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 8:04pm

I've put a foil wrapped burrito on the manifold of a large truck, driven to a jobsite, had breakfast....nice and warm, no diesel smell or taste!
My people eat smelt cooked whole like candy bars, bones and all. We all have our cultural kegstands.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 8:12pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Come'on, Doublewide probably owns a successful chain of snowmobile shops in the greater Prince Albert area by now. I bet he's doing super.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 8:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Come'on, Doublewide probably owns a successful chain of snowmobile shops in the greater Prince Albert area by now. I bet he's doing super.
As I said, if Facebook is accurate, he's in Greece, making the country rethink its immigration policy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 8:22pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

As I said, if Facebook is accurate, he's in Greece, making the country rethink its immigration policy.
I thought you we just a silent observer. You know the guy? Greece seems rather adventurous.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

:lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 8:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

I thought you we just a silent observer. You know the guy? Greece seems rather adventurous.
I know his name, which is pretty distinct (tho it took me a few minutes to recall). Mr. Google's trunk of myth and knowledge did the rest for me.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 8:34pm

I know his name, which is pretty distinct (tho it took me a few minutes to recall). Mr. Google's trunk of myth and knowledge did the rest for me.
Google is great for tracking loose acquaintances.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 8:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I spent an afternoon a year or two ago looking for people I went to high school with (most found on Facebook). It was a serious ego boost to find out that so many were fat and looked over sixty. So that's what having kids and never escaping a dipshit small town does to you, huh? Probably a third are QAnon pinheads, too.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 8:49pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I spent an afternoon a year or two ago looking for people I went to high school with (most found on Facebook). It was a serious ego boost to find out that so many were fat and looked over sixty. So that's what having kids and never escaping a dipshit small town does to you, huh? Probably a third are QAnon pinheads, too.
I had a best friend from pre-k thru high school. As often happens we drifted apart. We went to different schools, I moved away etc. (Way before internet and cell phone kids). I ran into him many years later at a funeral and I didn't recognize him. He came up to me started talking and I was confused how he knew so much.
I had to ask my sister who it was. She looked at me like I was nuts. Ive seen him a few times since and I recognize various things about him but nothing physically he looks like a different person entirely so much that I think something is wrong with me. The other weird thing is Im really good at recognizing a face, I might not recall the name, or where I know the person from but faces stick with me.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 7:01am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I had a best friend from pre-k thru high school. As often happens we drifted apart. We went to different schools, I moved away etc. (Way before internet and cell phone kids). I ran into him many years later at a funeral and I didn't recognize him. He came up to me started talking and I was confused how he knew so much.
I had to ask my sister who it was. She looked at me like I was nuts. Ive seen him a few times since and I recognize various things about him but nothing physically he looks like a different person entirely so much that I think something is wrong with me. The other weird thing is Im really good at recognizing a face, I might not recall the name, or where I know the person from but faces stick with me.
Yeah, there were a number of people whose photos seriously confused me. Like, I had to really stare to see the person I remembered from school. Even tho I'm really bad at remembering faces, I couldn't be blamed for not see the person with an extra 25 pounds of saggy fat and wrinkles on their face.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 7:05am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah, there were a number of people whose photos seriously confused me. Like, I had to really stare to see the person I remembered from school. Even tho I'm really bad at remembering faces, I couldn't be blamed for not see the person with an extra 25 pounds of saggy fat and wrinkles on their face.
This guy isn't that overweight. He's like 6'5" and probably clinically overweight but not excessive. We hung out together for as long as I remember until college, it doesn't make sense that I can't recognize him. Ive run into others and I recognize them. I saw an old neighbor from when I first moved to Vermont. She was a good looking woman roughly the same age but slightly older. I saw her walking her dog the other day, recognized her right away but she looked like 20 years older than she is.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 7:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 7:05am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

This guy isn't that overweight. He's like 6'5" and probably clinically overweight but not excessive. We hung out together for as long as I remember until college, it doesn't make sense that I can't recognize him. Ive run into others and I recognize them. I saw an old neighbor from when I first moved to Vermont. She was a good looking woman roughly the same age but slightly older. I saw her walking her dog the other day, recognized her right away but she looked like 20 years older than she is.
That's a pretty damning thing, when you think about. "Yeah, you have a face that just evaporates from memory."