Hey Sparky...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Hey Sparky...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Seen on Reddit:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2021, 6:51am
Seen on Reddit:
LOL, yeah, I've seen that one as well, thanks Doc.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Thanks Doc!

$49 US for a baseball cap, I guess the licensing fees for using the image are pretty steep.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 10:53am
Thanks Doc!

$49 US for a baseball cap, I guess the licensing fees for using the image are pretty steep.
It's mostly the quality. Ebbet's does heavy wool flannel for jerseys and, I believe, caps. And they don't mass manufacture. It's very much boutique stuff.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 11:23am
Sparky wrote:
Thanks Doc!

It's mostly the quality. Ebbet's does heavy wool flannel for jerseys and, I believe, caps. And they don't mass manufacture. It's very much boutique stuff.
Got it, I wasn't familiar with them, sounds like top notch gear.
Many years ago, the place I used to work at printed up some t-shirts and used the logo, but later got notice not to do it again without licensing the character, so the shirts were a one off.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 1:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Thanks Doc!

Many years ago, the place I used to work at printed up some t-shirts and used the logo, but later got notice not to do it again without licensing the character, so the shirts were a one off.
I'm mildly surprised that that hasn't lapsed out of copyright.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 1:36pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Thanks Doc!

From what I recall and have found online recently, it's still trademarked.

The name and figure of Reddy Kilowatt® and Reddy® are federally and internationally registered trademarks and service marks, and may be used only under license from Xcel Energy, Inc.

Now watch, I'm going to be served to change my avatar!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 1:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Thanks Doc!

The name and figure of Reddy Kilowatt® and Reddy® are federally and internationally registered trademarks and service marks, and may be used only under license from Xcel Energy, Inc.

Photoshop it and put on dark glasses and a bushy moustache.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 1:49pm
Sparky wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 1:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Photoshop it and put on dark glasses and a bushy moustache.
:lol:

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Sparky wrote:
Thanks Doc!

My wife got me a 1946 Montreal Royals hat (Jackie Robinson's AAA hat). It's expensive but top quality.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 2:40pm
Sparky wrote:
Thanks Doc!

My wife got me a 1946 Montreal Royals hat (Jackie Robinson's AAA hat). It's expensive but top quality.

Does the heavier material make it more of a heat sink under the sun? I have some Ebbet's jerseys and they're top-notch construction, but they're not for summer wear at all.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 2:45pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Thanks Doc!

Does the heavier material make it more of a heat sink under the sun? I have some Ebbet's jerseys and they're top-notch construction, but they're not for summer wear at all.
I don't wear it during the summer. God bless the poor soul who does.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 2:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 2:45pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Thanks Doc!

I don't wear it during the summer. God bless the poor soul who does.
That's what I figured, and what's kept me from buying one. Meanwhile, my Sox cap is, I think, 13 years old now, and fully sweat-and-sun bleached grey now instead of navy blue. The Boss wants me to throw it out, but it's so close to voting age that I can't part with it.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 3:06pm
The Boss wants me to throw it out, but it's so close to voting age that I can't part with it.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps