Shatner in space.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Shatner in space.

Post by Marky Dread »

Great to see him in space.

28 million for 11 mins. Waste of money that could be better spent here on earth.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Shatner in space.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 5:39am
Waste of money that could be better spent here on earth.
Go back to Russia, Trotsky!

But, no, having celebrities and billionaires do this shit takes all the shine off going into space.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 6:21am
Marky Dread wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 5:39am
Waste of money that could be better spent here on earth.
Go back to Russia, Trotsky!

But, no, having celebrities and billionaires do this shit takes all the shine off going into space.
Well I could've bought a new house with that money. And spent much longer than 11 minutes living in it. I could've even thought about sending a little bit of it to a charity or something. Not too much because obviously charity begins at home.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Shatner: "Everybody in the world needs to do this... It was unbelievable."

80% of the world's population has never even been on an aeroplane you creepy dick.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Low Down Low wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 7:59am

80% of the world's population has never even been on an aeroplane you creepy dick.
I heard that comment on the news as well and my first thought was how out of touch rich people are to think "everybody needs to do this". Quite a few people can't afford simple housing and food, a trip in to outer space is the last thing they really need to do.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Sparky wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 9:21am
Low Down Low wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 7:59am

I heard that comment on the news as well and my first thought was how out of touch rich people are to think "everybody needs to do this". Quite a few people can't afford simple housing and food, a trip in to outer space is the last thing they really need to do.
I also read this in a news article. Touching that some peoples idea of fighting inequality consists of ensuring poor people also get to go to space and gawp at earth for 5 minutes before, presumably, returning to their lives of subsistence and toil:

One nonprofit, called Space For Humanity, is trying to raise money to sponsor space trips for people from all over the world who might otherwise never be able to afford them.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

He got to ride the space penis!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 9:52am
Given Captain Kirk's proclivities, it's a nice reversal.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I know I've posted this in here before, but for those who are maybe newer to the board:

My parents were in the furniture business. Shatner was in town with his now deceased wife (the one who “accidentally drowned”) for a horse show. They were staying at a hotel next to the store and ended up buying a bunch of furniture. When discussing logistics of shipping the furniture, my dad said “maybe we could beam it to you.”

THE SHAT WAS NOT AMUSED.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 10:00am
I know I've posted this in here before, but for those who are maybe newer to the board:

My parents were in the furniture business. Shatner was in town with his now deceased wife (the one who “accidentally drowned”) for a horse show. They were staying at a hotel next to the store and ended up buying a bunch of furniture. When discussing logistics of shipping the furniture, my dad said “maybe we could beam it to you.”

THE SHAT WAS NOT AMUSED.
In case you've never heard/read it, Wil Wheaton's encounter with Shat is legendary: http://wilwheaton.net/2021/03/the-willi ... ner-story/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:

THE SHAT WAS NOT AMUSED.
Ha! I'm amused. 🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 10:03am
JennyB wrote:

THE SHAT WAS NOT AMUSED.
In case you've never heard/read it, Wil Wheaton's encounter with Shat is legendary: http://wilwheaton.net/2021/03/the-willi ... ner-story/
Wow, what a dick. I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Rodenberry read him the riot act. I love how everyone rallied around him. Nimoy would never have acted like that.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
RIDE THE SPACE PENIS is the name of my next erotic space opera novel.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 10:29am
JennyB wrote:
RIDE THE SPACE PENIS is the name of my next erotic space opera novel.
:lol:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 10:17am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 10:03am
JennyB wrote:

THE SHAT WAS NOT AMUSED.
Wow, what a dick. I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Rodenberry read him the riot act. I love how everyone rallied around him. Nimoy would never have acted like that.
My understanding is that Jimmy Doohan was the only other dickhead that could rival Shatner.