Let it out - embarrassing stories about yourself...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Let it out - embarrassing stories about yourself...

Post by WestwayKid »

I fell/slid down the basement stairs this morning. I'm fine, but wow, it was kind of embarrassing. It's my first official day of working from home every Tuesday and Friday. I had my phone in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. Just wearing socks because shoes are not required in my basement office ;) ...I started down the steps a bit too fast. The bottom of my foot slid/slipped on the edge of the top step and down I went. I slid all the way down on my rear. I was fine, but I'd managed to splash coffee all over the walls. My son's school is closed due to COVID and he yelled from the other room, "Dad, are you okay?" I said I was fine, which was the truth, but honestly I felt more than a little embarrassed.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Let it out - embarrassing stories about yourself...

Post by coffeepotman »

Did you re-injure your back?

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 10:34am
I fell/slid down the basement stairs this morning. I'm fine, but wow, it was kind of embarrassing. It's my first official day of working from home every Tuesday and Friday. I had my phone in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. Just wearing socks because shoes are not required in my basement office ;) ...I started down the steps a bit too fast. The bottom of my foot slid/slipped on the edge of the top step and down I went. I slid all the way down on my rear. I was fine, but I'd managed to splash coffee all over the walls. My son's school is closed due to COVID and he yelled from the other room, "Dad, are you okay?" I said I was fine, which was the truth, but honestly I felt more than a little embarrassed.
Hope you didn't wrench your back any further. My wife slipped and took a header a couple of months ago wearing socks, picked up some of those socks like they give you in the hospital with the no slip stuff on the bottom, problem solved.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Just a mild one... I was standing in line at a venue and saw the singer from The Coathangers. Told her that I love The Coathangers and last saw them supporting some other group a few months before at "The Earl." She corrected me on the venue and I was politely adamant that I had the venue correct.

At home, I looked it up and she was right.

If she ever remembers the encounter, I hope the first part about loving her band is the predominant thought.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

coffeepotman wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 11:34am
Did you re-injure your back?
Crazily enough, no.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

The internet isn't big enough to handle my humiliations.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Falling down is the least of my embarrassments.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've found that if you let your confidence slip low enough, you don't get embarrassed that often.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

1. Farted during a geometry test in 10th grade (it was a sneeze fart).
2. Totally blanked on my line during a choir solo in 6th grade.
3. Bombed the final question on a nationally televised trivia show.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 1:24pm

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 1:41pm
JennyB wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 1:24pm
PTSD!
Got a Rake? Sure!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 1:00pm
Falling down is the least of my embarrassments.
Me too. The funny thing is after it happened, one of my first thoughts is that the only people I can share this with is you lot. I think that's a good thing.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

When I was, I think, 13, I had a Parisian night suit experience (Freaks & Geeks fans will know the ref). I’d always worn basic jeans, but more kids were wearing designer jeans and I made an inept stab at keeping up. (Saskatchewan is always a few years after the trends, and the return to Levis was a couple years away; correctly or not, I always associate their return with Springsteen’s Born in the USA; anyway, a tangent.) My mother, who thought such stuff was silly—jeans are jeans, so why pay more for these expensive ones?—finally gave in and I received a pair of designer unisex jeans. Oooh la la! What made them unisex? No ass pockets, I guess. Because when I wore them to school, I was told by several classmates I was wearing girls’ jeans, the proof being in the ass.* I protested that they were unisex, but that just meant gay. My mother was not pleased when I said I wasn’t wearing them ever again. For some reason, they couldn’t be returned or she wouldn’t or didn’t think they could, so they got donated to charity, and I returned to basic jeans. Parents, make sure your boys’ jeans have ass pockets. :disshame:

(There was one girl in particular who was malicious in explaining all this, but karma got her good a few months later when she got her period at school while wearing white pants [that likely had no ass pockets]. I wasn’t there, but it made big news in the school in the way that such things did when you’re 13. She was also notable for having one hand distinctly smaller than the other, so who the hell was she mocking others? :shifty: )

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 2:45pm
When I was, I think, 13, I had a Parisian night suit experience (Freaks & Geeks fans will know the ref). I’d always worn basic jeans, but more kids were wearing designer jeans and I made an inept stab at keeping up. (Saskatchewan is always a few years after the trends, and the return to Levis was a couple years away; correctly or not, I always associate their return with Springsteen’s Born in the USA; anyway, a tangent.) My mother, who thought such stuff was silly—jeans are jeans, so why pay more for these expensive ones?—finally gave in and I received a pair of designer unisex jeans. Oooh la la! What made them unisex? No ass pockets, I guess. Because when I wore them to school, I was told by several classmates I was wearing girls’ jeans, the proof being in the ass.* I protested that they were unisex, but that just meant gay. My mother was not pleased when I said I wasn’t wearing them ever again. For some reason, they couldn’t be returned or she wouldn’t or didn’t think they could, so they got donated to charity, and I returned to basic jeans. Parents, make sure your boys’ jeans have ass pockets. :disshame:

(There was one girl in particular who was malicious in explaining all this, but karma got her good a few months later when she got her period at school while wearing white pants [that likely had no ass pockets]. I wasn’t there, but it made big news in the school in the way that such things did when you’re 13. She was also notable for having one hand distinctly smaller than the other, so who the hell was she mocking others? :shifty: )
Ugh. Late 70s/early 80s middle school was a nightmare. I remember one day in maybe 7th grade, I decided to wear some of my mom's "fancy" perfume. One guy in one of my classes thought it smelled horrible, so he started calling me "barnyard surprise." This was a kid notorious for booger eating, so i think he was projecting.
Got a Rake? Sure!

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Glad you're ok firstly Westway, take care mate!

I wasn't going out with my girlfriend for that long and we were in her parents living room. Her mum was one side of the sofa, me on the other. Too much information warning but I had dodgy guts and thought I could sneak a little fizzler out. Sound however, was not the issue. Her mum felt the ripple of the fart on her side of the couch, smelt the foul stench of death from my arse and proceeded to call me a dirty bastard. Their dog was my best (and only) mate in the house that day.