Let it out - embarrassing stories about yourself...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Let it out - embarrassing stories about yourself...

Post by Kory »

All this reminds me that if anyone isn't watching Pen15 on Hulu, they really should. It's fantastic.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 2:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 2:45pm
When I was, I think, 13, I had a Parisian night suit experience (Freaks & Geeks fans will know the ref). I’d always worn basic jeans, but more kids were wearing designer jeans and I made an inept stab at keeping up. (Saskatchewan is always a few years after the trends, and the return to Levis was a couple years away; correctly or not, I always associate their return with Springsteen’s Born in the USA; anyway, a tangent.) My mother, who thought such stuff was silly—jeans are jeans, so why pay more for these expensive ones?—finally gave in and I received a pair of designer unisex jeans. Oooh la la! What made them unisex? No ass pockets, I guess. Because when I wore them to school, I was told by several classmates I was wearing girls’ jeans, the proof being in the ass.* I protested that they were unisex, but that just meant gay. My mother was not pleased when I said I wasn’t wearing them ever again. For some reason, they couldn’t be returned or she wouldn’t or didn’t think they could, so they got donated to charity, and I returned to basic jeans. Parents, make sure your boys’ jeans have ass pockets. :disshame:

(There was one girl in particular who was malicious in explaining all this, but karma got her good a few months later when she got her period at school while wearing white pants [that likely had no ass pockets]. I wasn’t there, but it made big news in the school in the way that such things did when you’re 13. She was also notable for having one hand distinctly smaller than the other, so who the hell was she mocking others? :shifty: )
Ugh. Late 70s/early 80s middle school was a nightmare. I remember one day in maybe 7th grade, I decided to wear some of my mom's "fancy" perfume. One guy in one of my classes thought it smelled horrible, so he started calling me "barnyard surprise." This was a kid notorious for booger eating, so i think he was projecting.
That time of life let’s you know whether you're cool enough to pull that shit off. And, holy fuck, those who aren't but test it out get slapped down so fucking hard. You do learn a lot in school, esp. how evil your peers can be.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 2:58pm
All this reminds me that if anyone isn't watching Pen15 on Hulu, they really should. It's fantastic.
I see it's on CBC's streaming site, so we'll check it out!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

"FRANKY SAYS RELAX!"
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dont follow trends I set them. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 3:20pm
"FRANKY SAYS RELAX!"
:lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 3:26pm
We got a social influencer here!

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

BitterTom wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 2:56pm
thought I could sneak a little fizzler out. Sound however, was not the issue. Her mum felt the ripple of the fart on her side of the couch, smelt the foul stench of death from my arse and proceeded to call me a dirty bastard.
Taking the thread title literally :)
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 3:33pm
revbob wrote:
Im destroying from the inside.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 3:16pm
Kory wrote:
I see it's on CBC's streaming site, so we'll check it out!
I'd be curious if it lands with another generation. It's set in the year 2000 so it has references from my school days, but I wonder if the struggles contained within are timeless. I expect it might go over with Freaks & Geeks fans.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
Yes!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 2:37pm
revbob wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 1:00pm
Falling down is the least of my embarrassments.
Me too. The funny thing is after it happened, one of my first thoughts is that the only people I can share this with is you lot. I think that's a good thing.
When something like that happens, first thing you do is look around. If nobody saw it, it never happened.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 3:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 3:33pm
revbob wrote:
Im destroying from the inside.
Ah, the argument of every sell-out who signs with a major.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
Glad you're ok firstly Westway, take care mate!

I wasn't going out with my girlfriend for that long and we were in her parents living room. Her mum was one side of the sofa, me on the other. Too much information warning but I had dodgy guts and thought I could sneak a little fizzler out. Sound however, was not the issue. Her mum felt the ripple of the fart on her side of the couch, smelt the foul stench of death from my arse and proceeded to call me a dirty bastard. Their dog was my best (and only) mate in the house that day.
:lol: :lol:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
Glad you're ok firstly Westway, take care mate!

I wasn't going out with my girlfriend for that long and we were in her parents living room. Her mum was one side of the sofa, me on the other. Too much information warning but I had dodgy guts and thought I could sneak a little fizzler out. Sound however, was not the issue. Her mum felt the ripple of the fart on her side of the couch, smelt the foul stench of death from my arse and proceeded to call me a dirty bastard. Their dog was my best (and only) mate in the house that day.
At least you didn't shit yourself.