Let it out - embarrassing stories about yourself...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Let it out - embarrassing stories about yourself...

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 3:25pm
Mimi wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 2:27pm
Sparky wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 2:21pm
Since Mimi brought it up...

We were out of town staying in a hotel, driving back to the hotel I felt one coming on, so I let it rip. Within a couple of seconds realized I sharted, figured I'd deal with it once we got back to the hotel. Once in the hotel room, I assessed the damage and had a tough decision to make, what to do with the damaged goods. If I put them it the trash can in the room, maids are going to see it and know one of us did it, so I balled them up, cracked the door to the room and flung them down the hallway as far as I could. 20+ years later, I regret having done that, I should have just put them in a trash can by the elevators, but at the time, it seemed like the only recourse.
The FBI and the CIA now have your DNA.
Hmmmm, hadn't thought about that part. Guess I'd better walk the straight and narrow from now on. :mrgreen:
Which is probably what you did from the car to your hotel room that night.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inspired by Mimi, Our Lady of Public Flatulence, this opening scene from an episode of Picket Fences:
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 5:00pm
Sparky wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 3:25pm
Mimi wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 2:27pm
Sparky wrote:

We were out of town staying in a hotel, driving back to the hotel I felt one coming on, so I let it rip. Within a couple of seconds realized I sharted, figured I'd deal with it once we got back to the hotel. Once in the hotel room, I assessed the damage and had a tough decision to make, what to do with the damaged goods. If I put them it the trash can in the room, maids are going to see it and know one of us did it, so I balled them up, cracked the door to the room and flung them down the hallway as far as I could. 20+ years later, I regret having done that, I should have just put them in a trash can by the elevators, but at the time, it seemed like the only recourse.
The FBI and the CIA now have your DNA.
Hmmmm, hadn't thought about that part. Guess I'd better walk the straight and narrow from now on. :mrgreen:
Which is probably what you did from the car to your hotel room that night.
Damn right! :lol: :lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 5:28pm
Inspired by Mimi, Our Lady of Public Flatulence, this opening scene from an episode of Picket Fences:
That's about right. :lol:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I used to LOVE that show.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 12:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Superduper Clinton liberal cultural politics drove it. That's not a criticism, mind you (the Boss and I watched it regularly), just that in retrospect you can see the nature of liberalism in the 90s all over it.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 12:55pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Superduper Clinton liberal cultural politics drove it. That's not a criticism, mind you (the Boss and I watched it regularly), just that in retrospect you can see the nature of liberalism in the 90s all over it.
Yeah - I haven't watched it in 25 years, so I am sure a lot of it would be cringeworthy in hindsight. I just remember my boyfriend at the time 9the Paranormal Activity guy) used to hate it and would call it "Picket Feces" and that drove me to want to watch it even more. It was a very healthy relationship.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

WestwayKid wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 10:34am
I fell/slid down the basement stairs this morning. I'm fine, but wow, it was kind of embarrassing. It's my first official day of working from home every Tuesday and Friday. I had my phone in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. Just wearing socks because shoes are not required in my basement office ;) ...I started down the steps a bit too fast. The bottom of my foot slid/slipped on the edge of the top step and down I went. I slid all the way down on my rear. I was fine, but I'd managed to splash coffee all over the walls. My son's school is closed due to COVID and he yelled from the other room, "Dad, are you okay?" I said I was fine, which was the truth, but honestly I felt more than a little embarrassed.
Lacrosse world cup in Denver in 2014. I was playing for the England old gits. I slipped in the corridor of our hotel on the sign on the floor saying "caution, slippy floor". No-one saw it but I admitted it in the fines committee meeting because I thought it was pretty funny.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Sparky wrote:

Great story! You do this thread proud.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 12:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 12:55pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah - I haven't watched it in 25 years, so I am sure a lot of it would be cringeworthy in hindsight. I just remember my boyfriend at the time 9the Paranormal Activity guy) used to hate it and would call it "Picket Feces" and that drove me to want to watch it even more. It was a very healthy relationship.
To think of what you … uh … gave up. :yuck:

I acquired a crappy dvd set years ago (complete with partial commercials and network call signs). When we watched it, it was still enjoyable-ish, but clearly of its time, and not in a good way. Still, it had a lot of actors who developed wonderfully eccentric characters.