MLB 2022

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2022

Post by Dr. Medulla »

^^^I like this guy's irritation^^^
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 7:03pm
Flex wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 3:27pm
I chuckled:
Giggles aside, that's fucking amazing that he wasn't a slugger in the minors.

To Yankee Haters (aka good, sensible people), who was the last Yankee who was genuinely likeable to the same degree? Rivera comes to mind, but I'd probably lean to Mantle (he's probably my favourite Yankee of all time).
So the inverse (sort of) Bosox players I didnt hate.

Jim Rice, Fred Lynn, Luis Tiant, Bill Lee, Dwight Evans, Boggs, Manny, Ortiz. Damon. That's what comes to mind. Probably a few others if I thought harder.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 6:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
I chuckled:

To Yankee Haters (aka good, sensible people), who was the last Yankee who was genuinely likeable to the same degree? Rivera comes to mind, but I'd probably lean to Mantle (he's probably my favourite Yankee of all time).

Jim Rice, Fred Lynn, Luis Tiant, Bill Lee, Dwight Evans, Boggs, Manny, Ortiz. Damon. That's what comes to mind. Probably a few others if I thought harder.
All of those who later signed with the Yankees are disqualified. That Bill Lee is an ardent Yankees hater—I don't think his use of fascist was ever anything but literal—makes your approval cooler.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 7:09pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
I chuckled:

All of those who later signed with the Yankees are disqualified. That Bill Lee is an ardent Yankees hater—I don't think his use of fascist was ever anything but literal—makes your approval cooler.
Bill is a cool dude. Many things transcend baseball. Hell some of my best friend or Red Sox fans. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 7:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
I chuckled:

Bill is a cool dude. Many things transcend baseball. Hell some of my best friend or Red Sox fans. :shifty:
We all slum from time to time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Okay, Yankees have only one more home game, so I've revised my wish: Just don't let Frankenstein do it at home. Don't let all the Chicos get to experience it there.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Jen, ya know this guy?
Attachments
AP1.png
AP2.png
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 7:54pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I may have been drunk when I wrote that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 9:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 7:54pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I may have been drunk when I wrote that.
God, I hope so.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 8:39pm
Jen, ya know this guy?
He looks like one of my neighbors!

Maybe he wanted him to get those particular ailments because both of them are relatively treatable these days. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rooting interests, in order, for the postseason:
AL
Jays
Mariners
Guardians
Rays
*extinction comet*
Astros/Yankees

NL
Brewers (if they get in)
Mets
Padres
Phillies (if they get in)
Braves
Cardinals
Dodgers

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Hmm, mine is more alike than not. Here we go:

AL
Guardians
Mariners
Jays
Rays
*Free entry into John Phillips' Family Time Happy Room*
Astros/Yankees

NL
Mets
Brewers (if they get in)
Padres
Braves
Cardinals
*Also Mike Love is there*
Dodgers
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

You guys suck

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 5:45pm
You guys suck
If the Yankees win the WS, I will sincerely congratulate you and Mimi and Ratty (if he can hear me from his bunker). But, dear lord, I hope it doesn't come to that.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 4:36pm
Rooting interests, in order, for the postseason:
AL
Jays
Mariners
Guardians
Rays
*extinction comet*
Astros/Yankees

NL
Brewers (if they get in)
Mets
Padres
Braves
Cardinals
Dodgers
My faith in this year's Crew is pretty much gone after a gutless series where they dropped 3 of 4 against Miami, including a few 9th inning implosions. They need the Astros to sweep Philadelphia, which I guess could happen. Pitching matchups favor Houston, while Milwaukee have Woodruff and Burnes out there against Arizona.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble