MLB 2022

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2022

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Frankenstein stays with the Yankees, 9/360. Heart goes "ugh," head goes "be patient, wait for the injuries." Still, he's a good dude—perhaps the most likeable Yankee of my life—so I'm not too bothered (beyond, like, nobody should make that kind of money).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 11:22am
Frankenstein stays with the Yankees, 9/360. Heart goes "ugh," head goes "be patient, wait for the injuries." Still, he's a good dude—perhaps the most likeable Yankee of my life—so I'm not too bothered (beyond, like, nobody should make that kind of money).
I was rooting for him to go to San Francisco. Father in law is a giants fan so would have been kind of fun to see what he does from afar and wouldn't have cared about what will likely be his last albatross years. Now I just have to keep those in mind while he's in pinstripes.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

And the Red Sox sign Kenley Jansen. Very much an ugh. One of those closers who seems lights out except in the big games. Thank goodness most Red Sox games end after my bedtime so I don't have to see it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 11:53am
And the Red Sox sign Kenley Jansen. Very much an ugh. One of those closers who seems lights out except in the big games. Thank goodness most Red Sox games end after my bedtime so I don't have to see it.
Your bedtime is 7:00! They're not usually out of it until around the 5th inning.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 12:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 11:53am
Your bedtime is 7:00! They're not usually out of it until around the 5th inning.
I toodle off around 9:15–9:30. Generally don't see much of the bullpen except for day games.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Judge 9 years 360 million to stay in NY.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 2:03pm
I don't read this thread.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 2:08pm
revbob wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 2:03pm
I don't read this thread.
Well I made it official. :shifty:

I read something you posted about another squirrel eating reliver the Sox signed.

Actually Im slightly under the weather today. Drank too much on a school night Im not built for that anymore.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 2:19pm
I read something you posted about another squirrel eating reliver the Sox signed.
Rodent-eaters are the latest market inefficiency to be exploited.
Actually Im slightly under the weather today. Drank too much on a school night Im not built for that anymore.
Yeah, I get that. I hate that feeling of going to bed and knowing that your body is going to punish you the next day.

Flex

Post by Flex »

X to the Padres on an 11 year contract. Completely fuckin' insane. Good for him, but glad the Sox aren't paying for his late 30s/early 40s years.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 1:34am
X to the Padres on an 11 year contract. Completely fuckin' insane. Good for him, but glad the Sox aren't paying for his late 30s/early 40s years.
My favourite Red Sox player since he came up—arguably the greatest SS in team history—and it's going to make watching games less fun, but, yeah, there's going to be a lot of dead money in there for at least the last third of the deal.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Hmmm, I'm significantly less sanguine about the Xander signing to SD news this morning than I was last night:

I know we've spoken about being excited about Bloom's chance to genuinely make a Sox roster that's his, but the way the Red Sox ownership manages to bumblefuck their way through failed negotiations with their top talent is genuinely risible. Bloom, either through his own machinations or at direction of ownership, has certainly dug himself quite a hole that he has to get out of in order to just get the Red Sox back to last year's level of competitiveness (which, lol) never mind actually putting a winning lineup on the field. If they don't plan on being at least a .500 team this year they should be trying to get rid of every player with any value this off-season and just wait the 3-5 years it will take for Bloom's Prospects to be ready to go. I can save a few bucks on mlb.tv subscriptions for a few years that way, too.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 2:11pm
I know we've spoken about being excited about Bloom's chance to genuinely make a Sox roster that's his, but the way the Red Sox ownership manages to bumblefuck their way through failed negotiations with their top talent is genuinely risible. Bloom, either through his own machinations or at direction of ownership, has certainly dug himself quite a hole that he has to get out of in order to just get the Red Sox back to last year's level of competitiveness (which, lol) never mind actually putting a winning lineup on the field. If they don't plan on being at least a .500 team this year they should be trying to get rid of every player with any value this off-season and just wait the 3-5 years it will take for Bloom's Prospects to be ready to go. I can save a few bucks on mlb.tv subscriptions for a few years that way, too.
Given that they low-balled Lester and, supposedly, Mookie, it's an ownership thing.

I have to be honest, tho, I'm a casual fan now. Not because of ownership or "greedy" players or anything like that. My attitude towards sports is so much more low-key now. If the team is good, I'll watch; if the team is bad, I'll watch less. It's all fine as long as the Yankees keep tripping over their dicks when it counts.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 3:56pm
Flex wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 2:11pm
Given that they low-balled Lester and, supposedly, Mookie, it's an ownership thing.

I have to be honest, tho, I'm a casual fan now. Not because of ownership or "greedy" players or anything like that. My attitude towards sports is so much more low-key now. If the team is good, I'll watch; if the team is bad, I'll watch less. It's all fine as long as the Yankees keep tripping over their dicks when it counts.
It’s weird, I used to care.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Plenty of room on the Leafs wagon, fellas. 😎