MLB 2022

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2022

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Aug 2022, 10:54pm
Benitendi with the go ahead/winning RBI tonight.
Yeah yeah, fuck you, you're welcome.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The people of Rhode Island cough and raise their hand.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 6:28pm

Holy shit he's actually weighing in on this? He reaches new lows every time he opens his sphincter like mouth.

From Wikipedia
He has an extensive collection of World War II memorabilia, including "numerous Nazi uniforms with swastikas" and "uniforms worn by various SS divisions, including Hitler’s personal bodyguards"; Schilling has specified that it is "not a Nazi collection. It's a collection of World War II stuff," further stating that he doesn't "have a racist bone in (his) body"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 7:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Holy shit he's actually weighing in on this? He reaches new lows every time he opens his sphincter like mouth.

From Wikipedia
He has an extensive collection of World War II memorabilia, including "numerous Nazi uniforms with swastikas" and "uniforms worn by various SS divisions, including Hitler’s personal bodyguards"; Schilling has specified that it is "not a Nazi collection. It's a collection of World War II stuff," further stating that he doesn't "have a racist bone in (his) body"
He's a rancid tumour of a person. It seemed unlikely for a member of the 2004 team—let alone a key member—to ever be reviled by so many members of the fanbase, yet he's accomplished it. Short of someone like Michael Vick, I can't think of a worse pro athlete still living.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 7:32pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

From Wikipedia
He's a rancid tumour of a person. It seemed unlikely for a member of the 2004 team—let alone a key member—to ever be reviled by so many members of the fanbase, yet he's accomplished it. Short of someone like Michael Vick, I can't think of a worse pro athlete still living.
No Schilling is worse. Vick has at least admitted his guilt and acknowledged being a POS.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 7:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

From Wikipedia
No Schilling is worse. Vick has at least admitted his guilt and acknowledged being a POS.
Vick was involved in the abuse and death of dogs. Admitting it may suggest the possibility of redemption, but his actions are worse than Schilling's contemptible views. I can appreciate a contrary position but actively abusing living things is worse for me.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 7:55pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

From Wikipedia
Vick was involved in the abuse and death of dogs. Admitting it may suggest the possibility of redemption, but his actions are worse than Schilling's contemptible views. I can appreciate a contrary position but actively abusing living things is worse for me.
Yeah I hear where you're coming from but Schilling is basically an unapologetic fascist and is thus far more dangerous in my book. If Vick is still killing dogs then that would tip the scales for me but barring something like that...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 8:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

From Wikipedia
Yeah I hear where you're coming from but Schilling is basically an unapologetic fascist and is thus far more dangerous in my book. If Vick is still killing dogs then that would tip the scales for me but barring something like that...
Yup, I get that but for me Schilling is just a despicable blowhard.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 8:07pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I get what you're saying but to me the asshole down the street saying the same shit is blowhard, when you give the blowhard a platform that's when it becomes a problem.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 8:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I get what you're saying but to me the asshole down the street saying the same shit is blowhard, when you give the blowhard a platform that's when it becomes a problem.
His celebrity does give his voice more attention, certainly, which helps validate all the other bigots. But it is just a voice. And that's not intended to minimize hateful speech (or to, in any way, defend excrement like Schilling), but to place it against malicious behaviour, where there's a direct and observable effect.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 8:56pm
revbob wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 8:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

His celebrity does give his voice more attention, certainly, which helps validate all the other bigots. But it is just a voice. And that's not intended to minimize hateful speech (or to, in any way, defend excrement like Schilling), but to place it against malicious behaviour, where there's a direct and observable effect.
Yeah, we're really not far off from one another on this. Vick is certainly no saint.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

They should both be stuck in a burlap sack and dropped off the Tobin.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
26 Aug 2022, 11:20pm
They should both be stuck in a burlap sack and dropped off the Tobin.
Schilling's greatest fear: That he dies with a non-white person, which makes him impure in Jesus' eyes and so he does not get to go to heaven.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Over on SoSH, there's a discussion over whether, if Judge breaks Maris' record (he's on pace to just edge it out), would you regard him as the "real" single-season record holder? I would both because I've long had a mental asterisk next to Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa, and because Judge is doing it in a season when home runs are way down across baseball. What he's doing is flat-out way more impressive.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 12:23pm
Over on SoSH, there's a discussion over whether, if Judge breaks Maris' record (he's on pace to just edge it out), would you regard him as the "real" single-season record holder? I would both because I've long had a mental asterisk next to Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa, and because Judge is doing it in a season when home runs are way down across baseball. What he's doing is flat-out way more impressive.
Yeah I think I would regard it legit too.