The Kaleb Horton Deceased Latvian Foreign Minister Thread, 2022 Edition

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Latvian Foreign Minister Thread, 2022 Edition

Post by Flex »

ArmagideonTim wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 7:54am
What a shitbag year this has been. Various crap things have happened through the year for me culminating with my brother dying in October unexpectedly from a heart attack. He was 63 too. He was a massive influence on my burgeoning music taste and The Specials were his last gift before I set out on my own.

He bought Gangsters when it came out and had a live boot before the first album came out. I had the reverse surprise of hearing the slow Too Much Too Young second. The Specials was the second album I ever bought and Terry Hall was the coolest man on earth to me.

I was just finalising the Christmas presents for my sister in law and niece last night when I saw this news. It has brought everything back and feels like my brother has gone all over again.

So cheers Tom and Terry and fuck off ‪2022. 2023‬ better have something good in store soon or it can fuck off too.

Sorry to ramble on but I had to put it somewhere.
So sorry for your loss Tim. Please use this place and us as whatever sort of respite that you need.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Very sorry Tim, that's so young, so sad. Deep condolences

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Martin Duffy from Primal Scream/Felt and The Charlatans, only 55, fell at home and had brain injury

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

ArmagideonTim wrote:
What a shitbag year this has been. Various crap things have happened through the year for me culminating with my brother dying in October unexpectedly from a heart attack. He was 63 too. He was a massive influence on my burgeoning music taste and The Specials were his last gift before I set out on my own.

He bought Gangsters when it came out and had a live boot before the first album came out. I had the reverse surprise of hearing the slow Too Much Too Young second. The Specials was the second album I ever bought and Terry Hall was the coolest man on earth to me.

I was just finalising the Christmas presents for my sister in law and niece last night when I saw this news. It has brought everything back and feels like my brother has gone all over again.

So cheers Tom and Terry and fuck off ‪2022. 2023‬ better have something good in store soon or it can fuck off too.

Rant away mate.

I often wished I'd had an older brother to set me on a righteous musical path. I flailed about liking stupid rock bands as an 11/12 year old cos that's what my mates were into. But the power of The Jam, SLF and The Clash finally got me anyway.

Sorry about your bro.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

ArmagideonTim
Dirty Punk

Post by ArmagideonTim »

Thank you all for the kind words. It really has hit me today. Its weird the way music can fuck your emotions. Poor Martin Duffy too, he was only a bit younger than me. I first saw them around the time of velocity girl, not sure whether he was in them then.

Going to hide under the duvet now in case anyone else dies.

It's all a load of bollocks and bollocks to it all.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

ArmagideonTim wrote:

Sorry to hear about your bro, Tim. I agree, fuck 2022. Raising a glass right now, at 4:30am, to our brothers.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Franco Harris. Reading his obit and it was noted that the "Immaculate Reception" game (which occurred 50 years ago Friday) was the Steelers' first playoff win ever. That's kind of crazy considering they had been in the league since 1933.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 12:34pm
Franco Harris. Reading his obit and it was noted that the "Immaculate Reception" game (which occurred 50 years ago Friday) was the Steelers' first playoff win ever. That's kind of crazy considering they had been in the league since 1933.
Growing up in the Pittsburgh area, I heard his name everywhere back in the day. Sad.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 12:40pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Growing up in the Pittsburgh area, I heard his name everywhere back in the day. Sad.
Even with all we know about brain injury caused by football, I still think of 1970s NFL in romantic terms, and no team was cooler than the Steelers, especially compared to flashy Cowboys. Franco Harris even had a perfect, no-nonsense running back name.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 1:28pm
Mimi wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Even with all we know about brain injury caused by football, I still think of 1970s NFL in romantic terms, and no team was cooler than the Steelers, especially compared to flashy Cowboys. Franco Harris even had a perfect, no-nonsense running back name.
I'm sorry. I only speak baseball. :lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 1:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 1:28pm
Mimi wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I'm sorry. I only speak baseball. :lol:
Willie Stargell is also an excellent baseball name. :cool:
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 1:44pm
It certainly is. Willie is my favorite baseball player of all time. The coolest thing for me as an 8-year-old was finding the occasional Willie Stargell in a pack of baseball cards. Funny, I hate the Steelers and Penguins, but have always loved the Pirates, largely because of Stargell.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 1:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It certainly is. Willie is my favorite baseball player of all time. The coolest thing for me as an 8-year-old was finding the occasional Willie Stargell in a pack of baseball cards. Funny, I hate the Steelers and Penguins, but have always loved the Pirates, largely because of Stargell.
I have the dvd set to the Pirates 1979 WS. It was the first WS I watched from start to finish as a kid, and it amazed me how the Pirates could be down 3-1 and somehow come back to win. Bless those hideous bumblebee uniforms.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 1:59pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 1:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have the dvd set to the Pirates 1979 WS. It was the first WS I watched from start to finish as a kid, and it amazed me how the Pirates could be down 3-1 and somehow come back to win. Bless those hideous bumblebee uniforms.
Our minor league team in Buffalo, the Bisons, was Pittsburgh’s farm team back then. They wore the exact same bumblebee uniforms, but with “Bisons” instead of “Pirates”, or a “B” instead of a “P”. I had one of those goofy, horizontal-lined, flat-topped pillbox Pirates ballcaps that I got in Cooperstown. It’s probably still in a closet somewhere at my parents’ house.

Like this:

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

WestwayKid wrote:
Yeah, that is crazy. I tend to think of the Steelers as a team that has perpetually had more than its fair share of playoff success.