The Kaleb Horton Deceased Latvian Foreign Minister Thread, 2022 Edition

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Latvian Foreign Minister Thread, 2022 Edition

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 11:06am
Mimi wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 10:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 10:17am
Mimi wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 8:54am
Robert Morse aka Bert Cooper on Mad Men.
For some reason, I thought he died not long after his character did on the show.
That's the power of television.
Funny/sad story: When The Boss and I moved to NC, we crossed the border at North Dakota. We had to go inside the American office to get our student visas processed, and while we were waiting, one of the border goons comes in laughing. He explains to his co-workers that he just let in a family from Ohio who lovedlovedloved Northern Exposure. They had quit their jobs, sold their home, packed up the family, and moved to Alaska. They got there, no job or home, and found out, holy shit, things are expensive and the residents aren't all that wacky or welcoming. They blew thru several months of savings before giving up and moving back to Ohio.
I used to watch two shows one was called Building Off The Grid and the other one had to do with building/living in a tiny home, can't remember the title. One of the things that used to tickle/frustrate me was you could tell who went into these ventures with a romanticized view of what life was going to be like for them. In summation: there are a lot of idiots out there, especially those going tiny. They were usually white people with some extra money lying around somewhere. I guess everyone likes to think they're pioneers. So, yeah, I'm not surprised that Northern Exposure pulled a bait and switch on a lot of dreamy-eyed folk.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Funny/sad story: When The Boss and I moved to NC, we crossed the border at North Dakota. We had to go inside the American office to get our student visas processed, and while we were waiting, one of the border goons comes in laughing. He explains to his co-workers that he just let in a family from Ohio who lovedlovedloved Northern Exposure. They had quit their jobs, sold their home, packed up the family, and moved to Alaska. They got there, no job or home, and found out, holy shit, things are expensive and the residents aren't all that wacky or welcoming. They blew thru several months of savings before giving up and moving back to Ohio.
You hear about folks who do this kind of of stuff sometimes and I literally can't fathom how the internal decision making process works for these people.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 11:13am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I used to watch two shows one was called Building Off The Grid and the other one had to do with building/living in a tiny home, can't remember the title. One of the things that used to tickle/frustrate me was you could tell who went into these ventures with a romanticized view of what life was going to be like for them. In summation: there are a lot of idiots out there, especially those going tiny. They were usually white people with some extra money lying around somewhere. I guess everyone likes to think they're pioneers. So, yeah, I'm not surprised that Northern Exposure pulled a bait and switch on a lot of dreamy-eyed folk.
I don't like to shit on romantics—deep down, I envy them—but, Christ on a cracker, you are allowed to use your brain and consider what you're getting into.
Flex wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 11:15am
You hear about folks who do this kind of of stuff sometimes and I literally can't fathom how the internal decision making process works for these people.
If that family is still alive, they've been sucked into QAnon, guaranteed.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 11:56am
Mimi wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 11:13am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't like to shit on romantics—deep down, I envy them—but, Christ on a cracker, you are allowed to use your brain and consider what you're getting into.
Flex wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 11:15am
If that family is still alive, they've been sucked into QAnon, guaranteed.
I feel the same. I admire anyone who takes that kind of initiative, but when you see a couple with two small babies and a dog trying to downsize their life to live in a tiny home...on wheels...and expect to have a full kitchen, you kind of lose any sympathy or admiration for them.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mike Bossy and now Guy Lafleur. I hated the Habs, but Guy Lafleur had style. I remember reading once that DiMaggio never seemed to exert himself, he just glided to the ball or the base, just effortless style. That was Lafleur. It just seemed so effortless. I’m not even a hockey fan, but seeing these two guys depart too young sucks.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Apr 2022, 10:08am
Mike Bossy and now Guy Lafleur. I hated the Habs, but Guy Lafleur had style. I remember reading once that DiMaggio never seemed to exert himself, he just glided to the ball or the base, just effortless style. That was Lafleur. It just seemed so effortless. I’m not even a hockey fan, but seeing these two guys depart too young sucks.
He was certainly one of the greats of his era. Montreal was my 2nd pic after the Isles.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Apr 2022, 10:08am
Tough week for hockey fans, for sure.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

One of the original and more notable rock groupies, Cynthia Plaster Caster.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Fuck, Neal Adams
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 1:57pm
Fuck, Neal Adams
I heard he'd been in hospital not long ago, so maybe not a huge shock given his age. The first time I encountered his art was a glossy collection of his brief X-Men issues, and I was stunned. So bold and realistic.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 3:32pm
Kory wrote:
Fuck, Neal Adams
I heard he'd been in hospital not long ago, so maybe not a huge shock given his age. The first time I encountered his art was a glossy collection of his brief X-Men issues, and I was stunned. So bold and realistic.
I love Kirby, but one has to admit he was phoning in the X-Men. Adams is one of the fathers of modern comics.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 3:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Fuck, Neal Adams
I love Kirby, but one has to admit he was phoning in the X-Men. Adams is one of the fathers of modern comics.
I was thinking about my favourite comic book artists the other day. And the only two that I flat out love are Darwyn Cooke and Steve Ditko. Cooke in particular is someone whose work I feel comfortable describing as beautiful.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 4:08pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Fuck, Neal Adams
I was thinking about my favourite comic book artists the other day. And the only two that I flat out love are Darwyn Cooke and Steve Ditko. Cooke in particular is someone whose work I feel comfortable describing as beautiful.
I've been looking for a copy of a Catwoman book that Cooke did called Selina's Big Score. I'm not a DC guy at all but Catwoman has been on my radar lately because of a new miniseries.

My list of favorite artists would be much longer than yours. Why do you hate art so much? You some kind of hater?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 5:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 4:08pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Fuck, Neal Adams
I've been looking for a copy of a Catwoman book that Cooke did called Selina's Big Score. I'm not a DC guy at all but Catwoman has been on my radar lately because of a new miniseries.

My list of favorite artists would be much longer than yours. Why do you hate art so much? You some kind of hater?
Doc feels about art the way you feel about "funny" music
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!