The Kaleb Horton Deceased Latvian Foreign Minister Thread, 2022 Edition

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
ArmagideonTim
Dirty Punk

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Latvian Foreign Minister Thread, 2022 Edition

Post by ArmagideonTim »

Low Down Low wrote:
08 May 2022, 3:46pm

Always looked a good bit older than he was I'd say. For all they're dated now, The Sweeney and Minder are still two of my all time favourite tv shows.
Me too, it's odd the way the Sweeney seems almost camp now thanks to life on Mars and the way life has moved on. It was so controversial at the time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
08 May 2022, 5:17pm
tepista wrote:
08 May 2022, 5:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2022, 2:59pm
tepista wrote:
07 May 2022, 2:08pm
Decades ago I worked in a liquor store and he came in. I rattled off 4 or 5 things I'd seen him in recently, I was watching just about every FOX sitcom at the time. He said "Wow, you watch a lot of TV"
Way back in the 90s, I caught a bit of Matthew Broderick on Larry King, and he fielded a call from someone who said she and her family watched FBDO every night. MB looked genuinely discomforted and stammered something about it also being a good idea for the family to go for a walk together instead of watching tv.
What does FBDO stand for? ; FBDO, Fellow of British Dispensing Opticians (UK) ; FBDO, Foodborne Disease Outbreak

I give up.
Hello,

Ferris Bueller's Day Off?
There ya go. Sorry, I thought Matthew Broderick would immediately trigger connotations of Ferris Bueller.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2022, 5:31pm
gkbill wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Decades ago I worked in a liquor store and he came in. I rattled off 4 or 5 things I'd seen him in recently, I was watching just about every FOX sitcom at the time. He said "Wow, you watch a lot of TV"
Way back in the 90s, I caught a bit of Matthew Broderick on Larry King, and he fielded a call from someone who said she and her family watched FBDO every night. MB looked genuinely discomforted and stammered something about it also being a good idea for the family to go for a walk together instead of watching tv.
What does FBDO stand for? ; FBDO, Fellow of British Dispensing Opticians (UK) ; FBDO, Foodborne Disease Outbreak

I give up.
Hello,

There ya go. Sorry, I thought Matthew Broderick would immediately trigger connotations of Ferris Bueller.
He was in that? :shifty:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

ArmagideonTim wrote:
08 May 2022, 5:21pm
Low Down Low wrote:
08 May 2022, 3:46pm

Always looked a good bit older than he was I'd say. For all they're dated now, The Sweeney and Minder are still two of my all time favourite tv shows.
Me too, it's odd the way the Sweeney seems almost camp now thanks to life on Mars and the way life has moved on. It was so controversial at the time.
I've seen a few episodes of Minder recently and they still hold up well for me, timeless almost, but haven't done the same with The Sweeney. I wouldn't even have known about the controversy at the time, it was just a gritty cop show with a great script and great actors, bit like Hill Street Blues but laced with British humour. God, I loved it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
08 May 2022, 5:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I give up.
Hello,

He was in that? :shifty:
He was the Vietnam vet who robbed the bank and then blew up the Statue of Liberty.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:

I give up.
Hello,

Hello,

The overuse of acronyms doesn't really save you much time and/or energy and is not worth the risk of misunderstandings. Your time is not worth that much. While y'all are at it, proofread your stuff.

Okay, I'm done.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
08 May 2022, 5:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I give up.
Hello,

Hello,

The overuse of acronyms doesn't really save you much time and/or energy and is not worth the risk of misunderstandings. Your time is not worth that much. While y'all are at it, proofread your stuff.

Okay, I'm done.
:disshame:

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

gkbill wrote:
08 May 2022, 5:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I give up.
Hello,

Hello,

Okay, I'm done.
I'd want paying if I were to go to those lengths of comprehensibility.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

This took me 20 minutes :disshame:
Attachments
fdbo1.jpg
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
08 May 2022, 11:41pm
No, it's a very good drawing of him. You have real talent!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
I thought that was Beaneater for a minute. Im still not sure it isnt. It actually makes sense now how he is able to fund his travel budget and cocaine habit.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
09 May 2022, 8:07am
tepista wrote:
I thought that was Beaneater for a minute. Im still not sure it isnt. It actually makes sense now how he is able to fund his travel budget and cocaine habit.
I'd never wear a dinner jacket over an old cumrag tshirt, c'mon.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 May 2022, 11:22am
revbob wrote:
tepista wrote:
What do you wear over your old cumrag shirts?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2022, 11:52am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
revbob wrote:
tepista wrote:
I think cardigans are in.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 May 2022, 12:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2022, 11:52am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
revbob wrote:
tepista wrote:
I think cardigans are in.
Kory and I are finally on top of this shitpile!