Commercials We Hate

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: Commercials We Hate

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 1:17pm
JennyB wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 1:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 9:11pm

A very, very punchable group of guys.
I kind of like it for how homoerotic it is though.
Don't complicate my punching feelings!
Hello,

I'm with you, Doc. Punch these guys regardless of their orientation - punch them due to the attitude.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 2:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 1:17pm
JennyB wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 1:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 9:11pm

A very, very punchable group of guys.
I kind of like it for how homoerotic it is though.
Don't complicate my punching feelings!
Hello,

I'm with you, Doc. Punch these guys regardless of their orientation - punch them due to the attitude.
Preppy smirk/insolence demands a reckoning.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Yeah but they use Jon Batiste's song in the commercial so it's half good.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I can't find the ad online, but it's for RBC. This guy is young, pretty upscale, as demonstrated by his appreciation of vinyl, going on about investments or something. But they show him taking a record out of the sleeve, his fingers all over the grooves on both sides. Then he's grooving to those sweet tunes, apparently all his skin oil not clogging up the grooves. Every time I see it I wince.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

whopper whopper double whopper was pretty annoying, but I'm almost positive the changed the voice to a less annoying one. If they didn't and I just got used to it,then I'm disappointed with myself.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 7:34pm
I can't find the ad online, but it's for RBC. This guy is young, pretty upscale, as demonstrated by his appreciation of vinyl, going on about investments or something. But they show him taking a record out of the sleeve, his fingers all over the grooves on both sides. Then he's grooving to those sweet tunes, apparently all his skin oil not clogging up the grooves. Every time I see it I wince.
Sacrilege, probably directed by a millennial, has no idea what a LP is but knew it would be a hipster thing to show in the commerical.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 9:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sacrilege, probably directed by a millennial, has no idea what a LP is but knew it would be a hipster thing to show in the commerical.
I think that's entirely it. This ain't no fuddy duddy investor—this guy is young and cutting-edge analog, man! Invest with RBC and you, too, will be fat with more avocado toast than even you can photograph.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 9:24pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I think that's entirely it. This ain't no fuddy duddy investor—this guy is young and cutting-edge analog, man! Invest with RBC and you, too, will be fat with more avocado toast than even you can photograph.
Hello,

Don't hate them entirely for their hipster attitude - save some room for hating them because they're stupid.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 10:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 9:24pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

Don't hate them entirely for their hipster attitude - save some room for hating them because they're stupid.
My heart always has more room for hate of hippies and hipsters.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Is the whole Super Bowl commercials thing past tense now? It seems like something that the media is obliged to write about, because it used to be a thing and the media loves to cover things that are supposed to obsess us, but does anybody really care about Super Bowl ads now? It seems a ritual that exists because it exists, but the idea of finding commercials clever seems very archaic to me, especially with cord-cutting and the like.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 9:20am
Is the whole Super Bowl commercials thing past tense now? It seems like something that the media is obliged to write about, because it used to be a thing and the media loves to cover things that are supposed to obsess us, but does anybody really care about Super Bowl ads now? It seems a ritual that exists because it exists, but the idea of finding commercials clever seems very archaic to me, especially with cord-cutting and the like.
I don't think it helps that they have completely removed the element of surprise by releasing them all early.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

JennyB wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 11:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't think it helps that they have completely removed the element of surprise by releasing them all early.
Hello,

It used to be something different - hanging around the office talk ("Did you see the Budweiser ad with the frogs?"). It got old really quick; after all, they're still commercials.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 12:21pm
JennyB wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 11:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

It used to be something different - hanging around the office talk ("Did you see the Budweiser ad with the frogs?"). It got old really quick; after all, they're still commercials.
Agree with you both.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I won't use any of those gougy food delivery services regardless, but if Jesus really does answer prayers, I want him to reign down toads and and hail and acid on Uber Eats and its ad agency for resurrecting that annoying-as-fuck What Does the Fox Say irritant.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

If you've just moved to a new apartment and are immediately selling your belongings, that does not suggest your life is working out well. Her giddiness is evidence of drugs or a psychological collapse.