Commercials We Hate

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Commercials We Hate

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 May 2022, 12:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2022, 11:58am
revbob wrote:
10 May 2022, 11:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2022, 11:52am
There are way too many incontinence/adult diaper ads on the tv box. Like, fine, it's an important product for those who need it, but is it something that needs to be advertised? Those who need it will seek it out and good for them. Do they just need reassurance that you can be happy with your life wandering around in public in your own piss? Because everyone in these ads—and they're always women—seem super happy about playing volleyball or going to a restaurant in diapers.
Hell why not, sounds super convenient. Especially if you're at a show or a movie just piss away and get another beer.
Call me old fashioned, but sitting around in your own piss isn't a convenience, especially because you're just lazy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah for sure. I remember years ago a guy who was an underwater welder talking about how they would piss themselves in their wetsuits.
Which is understandable. My issue is these ads that make it seem like, hot dog, ladies, you're livin' the life now!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Sparky wrote:
10 May 2022, 11:45am
WestwayKid wrote:
10 May 2022, 10:59am
Sparky wrote:
10 May 2022, 10:44am
The animation on the Rock Auto commercials just bugs the hell out of me.

I do love Rock Auto, however. They're my go to for auto parts.
I haven't ordered from them yet, I've tried navigating their site and I wasn't positive that the part was correct. I need to get more familiar with their site, their prices look very good.
Yeah, the website is a bit clunky, but the prices are great and I like that they give you options: good, better, best.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Call me old fashioned, but sitting around in your own piss isn't a convenience, especially because you're just lazy.
Yeah, okay grandpa. You just keep yelling at those clouds while us hip young partygoers maximize our night by dancing around in our own filth
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
10 May 2022, 2:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, okay grandpa. You just keep yelling at those clouds while us hip young partygoers maximize our night by dancing around in our own filth
Generation Pissypants is what I say!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Selling my pissed-in adult diapers on Poshmark? It's the ultimate side hustle.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
"Millennials Blamed for Shortage of Depends by Wearing Them to Parties," Buzzfeed, probably.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
10 May 2022, 2:39pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
"Millennials Blamed for Shortage of Depends by Wearing Them to Parties," Buzzfeed, probably.
[insert photo of Hoy and Flex in diapers … and nothing else]

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I don't watch regular tv anymore so I don't see a lot of commercials with any regularity, but these ones come up on YouTube frequently before whatever I'm trying to watch and I really haven't hated anything this much in a loooong time.

"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2022, 2:52pm
Mimi wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I worked IT in a school at one point and there was this one kid who was always looking up stuff about adults in diapers. I had to pull his browser history a few times to pass it on to his counselor. You could see how he started searching for innocuous stuff and then it would be something plus adults in diapers and then spanking. It was kind of dark. The kid came from a fucked up home and it showed.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 May 2022, 3:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I worked IT in a school at one point and there was this one kid who was always looking up stuff about adults in diapers. I had to pull his browser history a few times to pass it on to his counselor. You could see how he started searching for innocuous stuff and then it would be something plus adults in diapers and then spanking. It was kind of dark. The kid came from a fucked up home and it showed.
And yet, he became mayor of a small town in Colorado. Huh. America.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Millennials Blamed for Shortage of Depends Because of Dark Fantasies, HuffPost, probably.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2022, 3:45pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Flex wrote:

Land of opportunity! Even for robots!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Flex wrote:

Perfectly executed!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 May 2022, 3:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Land of opportunity! Even for robots!
Exactly the way Jefferson wrote it up.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Listen, I'm the hero in this story, not the villain.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!