Football season USA

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Football season USA

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 7:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 7:35pm
Now is Detroit on fire?
A Buffalo/Detroit super bowl would be an all timer in property damage. I'm here for it.
Once Cleveland Clevelanded, yeah, I'm good with Buffalo/Detroit for burning-down-your-neighbourhood-in-celebration/frustration.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

One whole quarter at Taylorswift Bowl I and not one shot of her. Someone better get fired for gross incompetence.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wow, this was the best SB I can remember (non-rooting interest division). So well matched.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 11:56pm
Wow, this was the best SB I can remember (non-rooting interest division). So well matched.
Worked out exactly like the Deep State wanted.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 7:15am
Flex wrote:
I don't follow football at all, but I was rooting for the Chiefs just so we can be entertained by the Q/MAGA conspiracies that are sure to come from this.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 9:30am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
I don't follow football at all, but I was rooting for the Chiefs just so we can be entertained by the Q/MAGA conspiracies that are sure to come from this.
Speaking of: https://www.thedailybeast.com/biden-set ... n-reaction

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 10:34am
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Moronic messaging that could get someone killed.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 11:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Enh, it's not like there's anything Biden can say or do that won't be treated as a threat from a growing segment of the population. Silence would be treated just as self-indicting. I don't begrudge him using that nonsense back against them. If they want to be treated with respect and as adults, quit trafficking in such silly paranoia.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 11:15am
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Enh, it's not like there's anything Biden can say or do that won't be treated as a threat from a growing segment of the population. Silence would be treated just as self-indicting. I don't begrudge him using that nonsense back against them. If they want to be treated with respect and as adults, quit trafficking in such silly paranoia.
I say it's best not to poke a pack of crazy, hungry bears on purpose with this shit. In a world where Helter Skelter, a song about a lovely funfair slide, was a spur to the Manson family's bloody evening out, deliberately playing footsie with a heavily armed group of conspiratorial wannabe revolutionaries is liable to blow back into that White House staffer's face. It's, after all, the case that Biden's transition to power was the first in American history to be truly challenged by violent citizen action. Try to cool this powder keg, not throw matches as it while smirking about how clever you are, lads.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 11:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

I say it's best not to poke a pack of crazy, hungry bears on purpose with this shit. In a world where Helter Skelter, a song about a lovely funfair slide, was a spur to the Manson family's bloody evening out, deliberately playing footsie with a heavily armed group of conspiratorial wannabe revolutionaries is liable to blow back into that White House staffer's face. It's, after all, the case that Biden's transition to power was the first in American history to be truly challenged by violent citizen action. Try to cool this powder keg, not throw matches as it while smirking about how clever you are, lads.
On the other hand, there's an argument to be made that it's a morale boost to his side, that he's not just sitting back and taking it (which has been some of the internal criticism of Biden). In a more clinical sense, I agree with you—I'd like leaders to be above dumb shit—but the other side is so damned deranged that it doesn't matter what he does, he's going to be perceived as poking them.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Flex wrote:
Agreed. I enjoyed it. I'd rather see a tight, defensive battle than one of those 80s era blow outs where one team was up by 35 points at the half. I didn't have a horse in the race, other than to maybe stay loyal to the NFC ... though I'm still bummed that GB let SF slither out of their clutches a few weeks ago. The NFL draws their fair (and often deserved) share of criticism, but they consistently put an entertaining product out on the field.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 11:55am
Silent Majority wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 11:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
On the other hand, there's an argument to be made that it's a morale boost to his side, that he's not just sitting back and taking it (which has been some of the internal criticism of Biden). In a more clinical sense, I agree with you—I'd like leaders to be above dumb shit—but the other side is so damned deranged that it doesn't matter what he does, he's going to be perceived as poking them.
I think mockery can be very effective as well.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.