And now for a completely different poll

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.

Who's your favourite Python?

Chapman
18%
Cleese
18%
Gilliam
5%
Idle
32%
Jones
9%
Palin
18%

Total votes: 22

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: And now for a completely different poll

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
29 May 2023, 1:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 May 2023, 1:00pm
Wow, Cleese no longer understands the film.
I read a headline, however, that he refuses to cut the scenes with Idle's Loretta character wanting to have children.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 May 2023, 4:49pm
Silent Majority wrote:
29 May 2023, 1:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 May 2023, 1:00pm
Wow, Cleese no longer understands the film.
I read a headline, however, that he refuses to cut the scenes with Idle's Loretta character wanting to have children.
Even tho that isn't crucial to the story. I mean, I'm ambivalent about its inclusion, but specifically cutting one but the other suggests purpose other than narrative.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.darkhorizons.com/life-of-br ... ches-song/

"I'm ditching the song because the joke is forty years old and everyone knows it. However, I'm keeping lotsa jokes that are also forty years old that audiences know." Concoct a better excuse, you bitter old windbag. Like, there is a way to justify cutting the song, such as writing a different ending that reorients the story. Maybe it's better, maybe it's worse—who knows. But at least that's an argument that revolves around the narrative, not some bullshit claim about audiences and familiarity.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 11:10am

"I'm ditching the song because the joke is forty years old and everyone knows it. However, I'm keeping lotsa jokes that are also forty years old that audiences know." Concoct a better excuse, you bitter old windbag. Like, there is a way to justify cutting the song, such as writing a different ending that reorients the story. Maybe it's better, maybe it's worse—who knows. But at least that's an argument that revolves around the narrative, not some bullshit claim about audiences and familiarity.
When you lose the nice Python, just pack it in and go home.
In addition, Cleese said he spoke with Sir Michael Palin last week and had a ‘friendly disagreement’ over some of the plans with Cleese saying: “Michael liked the first half of the new script but was dubious about the changes that I had made in the second half.”
I don't know, but this feels like a kick in the dick to Idle. He had great success with Spamalot and, in my opinion, didn't get the credit he deserved with his musical contributions to the show and the movies, yet Cleese somehow wants to one-up him. Or something. Or maybe I don't care. I don't know. Someone tell me how I feel.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 11:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

In addition, Cleese said he spoke with Sir Michael Palin last week and had a ‘friendly disagreement’ over some of the plans with Cleese saying: “Michael liked the first half of the new script but was dubious about the changes that I had made in the second half.”
I don't know, but this feels like a kick in the dick to Idle. He had great success with Spamalot and, in my opinion, didn't get the credit he deserved with his musical contributions to the show and the movies, yet Cleese somehow wants to one-up him. Or something. Or maybe I don't care. I don't know. Someone tell me how I feel.
Cleese is a bitter old man who hates that the world has passed him by. Idle and Palin do what they do because it makes them happy; Cleese is motivated by something less positive. For a very funny man, it's hard to imagine Cleese laughing at anything nowadays, except perhaps the discomfort of his chosen enemies.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

What a dumb choice. That song's beloved and would make such a good theatrical climax.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 12:12pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Cleese is a bitter old man who hates that the world has passed him by. Idle and Palin do what they do because it makes them happy; Cleese is motivated by something less positive. For a very funny man, it's hard to imagine Cleese laughing at anything nowadays, except perhaps the discomfort of his chosen enemies.
He always struck me as bitter, but maybe old age is making it worse.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 12:26pm
What a dumb choice. That song's beloved and would make such a good theatrical climax.
Right?! Can you imagine the entire audience singing along with this at the end? That would be a goosepimply amazing experience. They had sing-alongs with the philosopher's song during live performances so...

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

John Cleese can go suck a fuck
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's my understanding that he's largely motivated by the money he's lost in his four divorces.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 3:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's my understanding that he's largely motivated by the money he's lost in his four divorces.
So he's been screwed over by all those woke lawyers, judges, and ex-wives.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 3:31pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'd say he's more screwed over by his weird compulsion to keep marrying people instead of just being with them.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Kory wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 4:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I'd say he's more screwed over by his weird compulsion to keep marrying people instead of just being with them.
Not to lend Cleese (ha, thank you Harry Copkins) any support, but that's a reasonable amount of wives for 80.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Mimi wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 12:38pm
Silent Majority wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 12:26pm
Right?! Can you imagine the entire audience singing along with this at the end? That would be a goosepimply amazing experience. They had sing-alongs with the philosopher's song during live performances so...
Absolutely. They'd walk out glowing.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 4:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Well excuse him for not being woke!