Don't give me polyp chilld!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Don't give me polyp chilld!

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 12:00pm
JennyB wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 11:53am
coffeepotman wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 9:15pm
I do apologize, I shouldn't have snapped like that, I'm just a little sensitive about this subject.....And hey, we're all here, we're all alive in the same place at the same time and that's a beautiful thing. I love out witty banter but some subjects are still a little raw right now.
You don't need to apologize. It's a raw subject for many of us. Most here know that my husband is a stage IIIc colon cancer survivor, so this is a topic close to my heart. I understand your frustration because it really is, especially in the US where they knock you out, not a bad procedure at all. And it's so important because when caught early, colon cancer is highly treatable. VH is lucky because it seems like most people with his stage diagnosis didn't make it. His was such a late stage more due to doctor error (he had colitis and his doc dropped the ball - long story), but it is sometimes hard to reconcile that people are putting it off. But it's also kind of a scary procedure, especially if you have never had it before. The prep is the worst part.
Thanks for sharing JB. It is a really important issue to not feel any fear and get checked asap. It can be life saving and there is nothing more precious.
Absolutely and, as I said, I am so thankful that you are OK!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 12:03pm
Marky Dread wrote:
JennyB wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
I do apologize, I shouldn't have snapped like that, I'm just a little sensitive about this subject.....And hey, we're all here, we're all alive in the same place at the same time and that's a beautiful thing. I love out witty banter but some subjects are still a little raw right now.
You don't need to apologize. It's a raw subject for many of us. Most here know that my husband is a stage IIIc colon cancer survivor, so this is a topic close to my heart. I understand your frustration because it really is, especially in the US where they knock you out, not a bad procedure at all. And it's so important because when caught early, colon cancer is highly treatable. VH is lucky because it seems like most people with his stage diagnosis didn't make it. His was such a late stage more due to doctor error (he had colitis and his doc dropped the ball - long story), but it is sometimes hard to reconcile that people are putting it off. But it's also kind of a scary procedure, especially if you have never had it before. The prep is the worst part.
Thanks for sharing JB. It is a really important issue to not feel any fear and get checked asap. It can be life saving and there is nothing more precious.
Always appreciated JB. ❤

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

coffeepotman wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 6:20pm
weller259 wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 1:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 10:28am
Just took the call from a nurse. And the news is good. All clear.

One hyperplastic polyp that's benign. The other 7 polyps were adenoma's but they are also clear from cancer. So it's another colonoscopy in 3 years time.

Thanks for all the support guys appreciated.
This is great to hear!

I have been avoiding this thread because my doctors have been pushing me to get it done and i've been putting it off due to fear, fear of the procedure itself, and fear of what they may do/find. I am trying to get myself to mentally accept that I need to get it done and to just do it ... but mentally i'm just not there yet.

Its not like i'd be leaving a trail of distraught people if it went wrong so "peer pressure" isn't going to get me there any faster.

So glad to read this news, sir Marky. All the best to you, sir! Continued health and prosperity to you.
Hey Weller? Really? I mean really you're afraid. Try getting cancer then find out what afraid means
Yeah I will "pass" on the cancer diagnosis at the current time. I am a smoker so I realize that one day I will get that anyway but still ... I had a friend who had a colonoscopy and they removed some polyps and he passed away a week after from internal bleeding caused by the removal of those polyps.

Sure, I understand my fears are a bit, shall I say, irrational, but my handling of them has never been good and while I will eventually get it done i'm just not there yet.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

weller259 wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 12:45pm
coffeepotman wrote:
weller259 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

One hyperplastic polyp that's benign. The other 7 polyps were adenoma's but they are also clear from cancer. So it's another colonoscopy in 3 years time.

This is great to hear!

I have been avoiding this thread because my doctors have been pushing me to get it done and i've been putting it off due to fear, fear of the procedure itself, and fear of what they may do/find. I am trying to get myself to mentally accept that I need to get it done and to just do it ... but mentally i'm just not there yet.

Its not like i'd be leaving a trail of distraught people if it went wrong so "peer pressure" isn't going to get me there any faster.

So glad to read this news, sir Marky. All the best to you, sir! Continued health and prosperity to you.
Hey Weller? Really? I mean really you're afraid. Try getting cancer then find out what afraid means
Yeah I will "pass" on the cancer diagnosis at the current time. I am a smoker so I realize that one day I will get that anyway but still ... I had a friend who had a colonoscopy and they removed some polyps and he passed away a week after from internal bleeding caused by the removal of those polyps.

Sure, I understand my fears are a bit, shall I say, irrational, but my handling of them has never been good and while I will eventually get it done i'm just not there yet.
Hang in there buddy, I hope none of you fears come true. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, I've never heard of that happening. I have colonoscopy's every year and always have polyps removed but luckily never had any complications.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 12:16pm
JennyB wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 12:03pm
Marky Dread wrote:
JennyB wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
Always appreciated JB. ❤
Yes, let me concur, thank you for sharing and yes it's scary but, like you said in the US the knock you out so its the best 30 minute power nap you could possibly have.

I wish your husband well and hope he fully recovers, I also wish you and your family well as I know how difficult this can be on the family

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

weller259 wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
weller259 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

This is great to hear!

Look for alternative methods. There's a pill. You can also do a fecal analysis. There are other options.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mimi wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 1:26pm
weller259 wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
weller259 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

This is great to hear!

Look for alternative methods. There's a pill. You can also do a fecal analysis. There are other options.
You can get a private MRI scan for around £200.00. That takes around 10-15 mins.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

Mimi wrote:
weller259 wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
weller259 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

This is great to hear!

Thank you for this information. The fecal analysdis sounds like something I can easily do. I am calling my doctor's office as soon as this reply is submitted and seeing what they say. I appreciate the information, thank you very much.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 4:58pm
Mimi wrote:
weller259 wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
weller259 wrote:
This is great to hear!

You can get a private MRI scan for around £200.00. That takes around 10-15 mins.
Thank you for this, I never heard of that. I've never had an MRI so that could be an interesting way. I will definitely look into that. I'm truly grateful for all the info, this community is the best.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

weller259 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 3:03pm
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 4:58pm
Mimi wrote:
weller259 wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:

Thank you for this, I never heard of that. I've never had an MRI so that could be an interesting way. I will definitely look into that. I'm truly grateful for all the info, this community is the best.
Take it easy my friend.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 5:22pm
They have a tv screen here. The colonoscope has a tiny camera on it. I watched the whole procedure as it happened.
Im waiting for it to come out in paperback. :shifty:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 6:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
They have a tv screen here. The colonoscope has a tiny camera on it. I watched the whole procedure as it happened.
Real men have the hard back already. 😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Glad you're cleared to play Marky.

Weller hope you find something you're comfortable with. As some people here can attest cancer isn't always a death sentence anymore and usually the eaier it is discovered the better. The procedure itself isn't bad at all. They put me out so I don't recall much.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 7:07pm
Glad you're cleared to play Marky.

Thanks mate.👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 7:00pm
revbob wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 6:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Real men have the hard back already. 😉
Signed first edition, still in wrapper