Don't give me polyp chilld!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Don't give me polyp chilld!

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 6:20pm
weller259 wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 1:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 10:28am
Just took the call from a nurse. And the news is good. All clear.

One hyperplastic polyp that's benign. The other 7 polyps were adenoma's but they are also clear from cancer. So it's another colonoscopy in 3 years time.

Thanks for all the support guys appreciated.
This is great to hear!

I have been avoiding this thread because my doctors have been pushing me to get it done and i've been putting it off due to fear, fear of the procedure itself, and fear of what they may do/find. I am trying to get myself to mentally accept that I need to get it done and to just do it ... but mentally i'm just not there yet.

Its not like i'd be leaving a trail of distraught people if it went wrong so "peer pressure" isn't going to get me there any faster.

So glad to read this news, sir Marky. All the best to you, sir! Continued health and prosperity to you.
Hey Weller? Really? I mean really you're afraid. Try getting cancer then find out what afraid means
I guess we are all built differently to each when it comes to worry. And knowing what you've been through I understand your response.
I'm hoping all those that go through these procedures can find some small solace in knowing that they are not alone.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

I do apologize, I shouldn't have snapped like that, I'm just a little sensitive about this subject.....And hey, we're all here, we're all alive in the same place at the same time and that's a beautiful thing. I love out witty banter but some subjects are still a little raw right now.

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Congrats Marky! Sighs of relief all round.
Onwards and upwards (no reference to camera movement intended :mrgreen: )
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 5:22pm
WestwayKid wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 4:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 2:31pm
weller259 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 10:28am
Just took the call from a nurse. And the news is good. All clear.

One hyperplastic polyp that's benign. The other 7 polyps were adenoma's but they are also clear from cancer. So it's another colonoscopy in 3 years time.

Thanks for all the support guys appreciated.
This is great to hear!

I have been avoiding this thread because my doctors have been pushing me to get it done and i've been putting it off due to fear, fear of the procedure itself, and fear of what they may do/find. I am trying to get myself to mentally accept that I need to get it done and to just do it ... but mentally i'm just not there yet.

Its not like i'd be leaving a trail of distraught people if it went wrong so "peer pressure" isn't going to get me there any faster.

So glad to read this news, sir Marky. All the best to you, sir! Continued health and prosperity to you.
Thanks mate that is kind of you.

Obviously you have to get yourself into the right frame of mind to have it done.

The way I approach these things is to think of myself as one single grain of sand in a vast desert. And just how insignificant I am in the grand scale of things. Millions will have and have had these type of procedures. What is or isn't there will not change because of how we feel about the procedure.

For me personally the procedure was over within 30 mins. The doctor and nurses were amazing. The feeling can be a bit uncomfortable once inside a bit like having IBS most likely caused by gas moving inside. However you can have pain killers via an injection and gas and air when required. I personally didn't have either but that was simply my choice.

It isn't anything to fear and you are helped through the whole way by the nurses and doctor. I wish you all the very best.
I think the preference amongst doctors in the US is to knock people out during colonoscopies, so thinking it will be over in a snap. I do love your perspective on it. I've been worried a bit, but thinking about it that way, yeah, millions will have and have had this procedure.
They have a tv screen here. The colonoscope has a tiny camera on it. I watched the whole procedure as it happened.
It was the same for me, Marky - had a mild sedative shot but watched the whole video feed along with the doctors, and found it interesting (and helpfully distracting) No pain, very mild discomfort.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 9:15pm
I do apologize, I shouldn't have snapped like that, I'm just a little sensitive about this subject.....And hey, we're all here, we're all alive in the same place at the same time and that's a beautiful thing. I love out witty banter but some subjects are still a little raw right now.
You have no need to apologise for being human my friend. That's raw emotion and that's a positive in my book. I was thinking to myself as I've been putting together this Joe box. Hey we all lived in the same time frame as Joe Strummer. That's Joe Strummer, people!!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 9:51pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 5:22pm
WestwayKid wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 4:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 2:31pm
weller259 wrote:
This is great to hear!

Thanks mate that is kind of you.

Obviously you have to get yourself into the right frame of mind to have it done.

The way I approach these things is to think of myself as one single grain of sand in a vast desert. And just how insignificant I am in the grand scale of things. Millions will have and have had these type of procedures. What is or isn't there will not change because of how we feel about the procedure.

For me personally the procedure was over within 30 mins. The doctor and nurses were amazing. The feeling can be a bit uncomfortable once inside a bit like having IBS most likely caused by gas moving inside. However you can have pain killers via an injection and gas and air when required. I personally didn't have either but that was simply my choice.

It isn't anything to fear and you are helped through the whole way by the nurses and doctor. I wish you all the very best.
I think the preference amongst doctors in the US is to knock people out during colonoscopies, so thinking it will be over in a snap. I do love your perspective on it. I've been worried a bit, but thinking about it that way, yeah, millions will have and have had this procedure.
They have a tv screen here. The colonoscope has a tiny camera on it. I watched the whole procedure as it happened.
It was the same for me, Marky - had a mild sedative shot but watched the whole video feed along with the doctors, and found it interesting (and helpfully distracting) No pain, very mild discomfort.
Yep way less crap than daytime Tv. 😉

Cheers John. Onwards and upwards and maybe a little sideways.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

This is the news we all wanted. Nice one mate.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 4:32am
This is the news we all wanted. Nice one mate.
Thanks boss!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

So happy to hear the positive news!
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Great news Marky! Thanks for keeping us posted.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

coffeepotman wrote:
You don't need to apologize. It's a raw subject for many of us. Most here know that my husband is a stage IIIc colon cancer survivor, so this is a topic close to my heart. I understand your frustration because it really is, especially in the US where they knock you out, not a bad procedure at all. And it's so important because when caught early, colon cancer is highly treatable. VH is lucky because it seems like most people with his stage diagnosis didn't make it. His was such a late stage more due to doctor error (he had colitis and his doc dropped the ball - long story), but it is sometimes hard to reconcile that people are putting it off. But it's also kind of a scary procedure, especially if you have never had it before. The prep is the worst part.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Double post. Sorry, as our Canadian friends are wont to say.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

oliver wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 10:25am
So happy to hear the positive news!
Thanks Oliver.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 10:30am
Great news Marky! Thanks for keeping us posted.
Cheers Andrew.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 11:53am
coffeepotman wrote:
You don't need to apologize. It's a raw subject for many of us. Most here know that my husband is a stage IIIc colon cancer survivor, so this is a topic close to my heart. I understand your frustration because it really is, especially in the US where they knock you out, not a bad procedure at all. And it's so important because when caught early, colon cancer is highly treatable. VH is lucky because it seems like most people with his stage diagnosis didn't make it. His was such a late stage more due to doctor error (he had colitis and his doc dropped the ball - long story), but it is sometimes hard to reconcile that people are putting it off. But it's also kind of a scary procedure, especially if you have never had it before. The prep is the worst part.
Thanks for sharing JB. It is a really important issue to not feel any fear and get checked asap. It can be life saving and there is nothing more precious.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia