MLB 2023

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2023

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 5:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 12:10pm
You should trade for Chris Sale. He closed out the final game of the 2018 WS. :shifty:
You say that jokingly I assume but right now to me that's not the worst thing they could do. A full-thickness torn patella, he's facing an eight month rehab/recovery and more than anything else right now, he just has to be focused on rehabbing to make sure that when he's "healed" that he is still the pitcher he was up to the last out last night. He faced 3 batters and struck them all out, that's who he has been and needs to return to. It really sucks but what can anyone say? It WAS, as Doc said, a fluke thing, the Mets have insurance on the contract they gave him so that isn't an issue, getting the three outs Diaz would normally get in each game he played is their biggest issue and I am struggling to see just who and how they are going to do that.
Can Sale handle New York? Would he accept a trade to the Mets? If i'm the Mets i'd be looking at anything and everything.
You do not want Chris Sale, unless it's for a couple weeks. He just can't be depended upon to stay healthy. And that's beyond him never being a bullpen guy (except the 2018 postseason as an assassin).

That said, if Cohen is willing to pay—and he's shown every willingness—a closer can be had. Teams like the DBacks or Reds or Pirates or Tigers ain't gonna contend, so they'd be open to trading their closer if they can be wowed with the offer.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

As a kid, I'd have been one of the fielders. As a dad, third base coach.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Former Sox pitcher is trying to blow this game.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 9:01pm
Former Sox pitcher is trying to blow this game.
All is going according to plan. Proceed to step alpha-9-omega.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It's Weller talking about rule changes. :lol:

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 3:00pm
Ha! I am far more animated than that guy, I have the new yorker hand gestures that go along with the rhetoric. :lol:
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 3:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 3:00pm
Ha! I am far more animated than that guy, I have the new yorker hand gestures that go along with the rhetoric. :lol:
Glorious! :cool:

Flex

Post by Flex »

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Right after the ninth inning last night, racist baseball fans quickly scrubbed their "Bild That Wall" signs to "Remeber Perl Harbor."

(Go Japan!)

Flex

Post by Flex »

Part of me was hoping for USA/Mexico just because it's such a great natural sports rivalry, but in terms of global WBC interest, USA/Japan is the obvious preference for final matchup.

USA! USA! USA!

Addendum: I haven't been able to watch a ton of WBC just because of life happening, but what I've seen has been a blast. Last night was epic. If we're trying to find ways to grow baseball, trying to grow "national team" culture seems like an obvious move. Hell, I'd love to see the national teams play more outside the WBC. It's such a great part of soccer, and I think it'd translate well in baseball.

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 9:11am
Part of me was hoping for USA/Mexico just because it's such a great natural sports rivalry, but in terms of global WBC interest, USA/Japan is the obvious preference for final matchup.

USA! USA! USA!

Addendum: I haven't been able to watch a ton of WBC just because of life happening, but what I've seen has been a blast. Last night was epic. If we're trying to find ways to grow baseball, trying to grow "national team" culture seems like an obvious move. Hell, I'd love to see the national teams play more outside the WBC. It's such a great part of soccer, and I think it'd translate well in baseball.
Yeah Id be down for this. I think the timing of it kind of sucks and hopefully injuries stay low.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 9:11am

USA! USA! USA!

The games in Miami with Puerto Rico, Cuba, and the DR blew away attendance for Marlins games. What’s cool is that because the guys aren’t playing for money, it’s more like how kids approach the game. Which is part of the fantasy as a fan.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

US teams have the same problem each tournament—a great line-up of hitters, but mediocre pitchers. I get why the best pitchers don't want to risk their spring routine of building up strength and all, and why their clubs don't encourage their participation, but the US would romp with respectable pitching. Kyle fucking Freeland in a championship game is borderline shameful.