MLB 2023

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2023

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 May 2023, 9:59pm
Who the fuck let the Orioles into 2nd place
The strong finish last year is seeming legit. The state of the AL East vis a vis the other other two divisions is a good argument for getting rid of divisions altogether.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2023, 6:24am
revbob wrote:
18 May 2023, 9:59pm
Who the fuck let the Orioles into 2nd place
The strong finish last year is seeming legit. The state of the AL East vis a vis the other other two divisions is a good argument for getting rid of divisions altogether.
My dad who loved baseball argued the same. The two best records play each other at the end of the season and that's the world series.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

As frustrated/really, this shit again? as weller is right to feel with a team that has a payroll that dwarfs the GNP of many nations, imagine being a Padres fan. They were almost as spend-happy—almost, only because the Mets were poets on payday this winter—and they're one game ahead of the Rockies for the basement in the NL West and 5 games below .500. It's amazing that Preller still has a job given the vast disparity between how much he's spent of the boss' money versus results.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2023, 11:27am
As frustrated/really, this shit again? as weller is right to feel with a team that has a payroll that dwarfs the GNP of many nations, imagine being a Padres fan. They were almost as spend-happy—almost, only because the Mets were poets on payday this winter—and they're one game ahead of the Rockies for the basement in the NL West and 5 games below .500. It's amazing that Preller still has a job given the vast disparity between how much he's spent of the boss' money versus results.
Welcome to Denver, San Diego :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Tampa us fucking crazy, can they sustain? Im hoping they are more lile the 90s Sox that start self destructing in July

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

I tell you what, I watched Chris Sale tonight, he was throwing 95, 96, 97 and he threw a couple knee-bender curveballs, he looks healthy and from what I saw he still has some giddy-up on his fastball. He was pretty good back in the day when he was healthy. Coughcomepitchforthemetscough.

Edit: I must also say that there's nothing scarier than holding a 2 run lead and time for your closer and your closer is ... Kenley Jansen. Seeing him "up and throwing" must be truly frightening to a Red Sox fan.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:
21 May 2023, 12:34am
I tell you what, I watched Chris Sale tonight, he was throwing 95, 96, 97 and he threw a couple knee-bender curveballs, he looks healthy and from what I saw he still has some giddy-up on his fastball. He was pretty good back in the day when he was healthy. Coughcomepitchforthemetscough.
I'd trade him in a heartbeat. There's another injury just waiting around the corner.
Edit: I must also say that there's nothing scarier than holding a 2 run lead and time for your closer and your closer is ... Kenley Jansen. Seeing him "up and throwing" must be truly frightening to a Red Sox fan.
Kenley has always reminded me too much of Armando Benitez and Craig Kimbrel. A guy with great stats, but a capacity to just void his bowels on the mound, especially in the biggest situations. Lights out with a 3-run lead, tightrope walker with a 1-run lead.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Jays have negative mojo.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Shitty pitcher seeks Schilling's help for when he gets cut: https://sports.yahoo.com/blue-jays-anth ... 55731.html

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Harrison Bader pulled his...hamstring :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 May 2023, 10:16pm
Harrison Bader pulled his...hamstring :shifty:
Is that what the kids are calling it now?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Aaron Hicks to Baltimore and apparently Gary Sanchez is still in MLB and heading to the Padres.

It always amazes me when a player has a monster season in a contract year and then goes into the shitter after.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
31 May 2023, 6:16pm
It always amazes me when a player has a monster season in a contract year and then goes into the shitter after.
Speaking of, Devers has been rather lackadaisical in being that middle-of-the-order power guy this season.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I'm pretty sure Ive read there's no real statistical evidence that players are extra good in contract years or extra bad once they have their contracts in hand. It's probably just a mix of random variance and extra scrutiny.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!