MLB 2023

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: MLB 2023

Post by Flex »

MLB.tv is blacking out all the scrimmage games between MLB clubs and WBC national teams. GJGE MLB. Way to block what promised to be the coolest games of the pre-season. Weren't we trying to get people to watch baseball again or something?

Anyways, another victory for the advocates of piracy.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 8:23pm
MLB.tv is blacking out all the scrimmage games between MLB clubs and WBC national teams. GJGE MLB. Way to block what promised to be the coolest games of the pre-season. Weren't we trying to get people to watch baseball again or something?

Anyways, another victory for the advocates of piracy.
It’s fascinating the antediluvian mindset of these organizations. When there are a zillion media companies competing for eyeballs, you need to make it easier for people to choose what you offer, otherwise, like revbob, they’ll just opt for Big Bang Theory reruns. People have an absurd number of options; that’s the arena. If you don’t get that, you’re going to lose.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex

Post by Flex »

Yankee Mystique!
Danish 0.1 6 6 6 0 0 3 94.50

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 4:28pm
Yankee Mystique!
Two thousand nine *clap clap clapclapclap* two thousand nine *clap clap clapclapclap*!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 6:06pm
Flex wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 4:28pm
Yankee Mystique!
Two thousand nine *clap clap clapclapclap* two thousand nine *clap clap clapclapclap*!
Oh please you all do the same shit and would bring up all the championships if the sox had won more than 2 or whatever. Jist like it used to be no fair the Yankees buy championships and then Sox owners decide they could spend money too.

Also
20160710_125849.jpg

Flex

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 6:37pm
Oh please you all do the same shit and would bring up all the championships if the sox had won more than 2 or whatever. Jist like it used to be no fair the Yankees buy championships and then Sox owners decide they could spend money too.

Also

20160710_125849.jpg
Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of my baggy pants being so awesome.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 6:41pm
revbob wrote:

Also

20160710_125849.jpg
Also, the Chico section of the room is waaaaaaaaaaay over there.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 7:04pm
Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:

Also

20160710_125849.jpg
Dont you have an anti-bussing thing to go to?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 7:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:

Also

20160710_125849.jpg
Don't have to leave for another 45 minutes.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Meanwhile, in case you need an illustration of why a pitch clock is a good idea:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 7:08pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:

Also

20160710_125849.jpg
There I go having a life.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 9:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 7:08pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:

There I go having a life.
The rally was a bust. Typical Irish, didn't show up.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

I wouldn't mind my team buying a championship, they are certainly trying to use their resources to augment their home-grown core. Free market and all that. Spending lots of money doesn't guarantee anything other than having players who are well-compensated for their talents. Still have to win the games on the field. How the players were acquired really doesn't matter.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 2:33am
I wouldn't mind my team buying a championship, they are certainly trying to use their resources to augment their home-grown core. Free market and all that. Spending lots of money doesn't guarantee anything other than having players who are well-compensated for their talents. Still have to win the games on the field. How the players were acquired really doesn't matter.
The romantic in me wants the talent to be homegrown, guys who came up thru the system together, they're friends, they identify with the club. Winning together means more than just winning. Like I said, romantic. But a team with a high payroll means more money in the pockets of labour, less in the owner's. That labour in this case is materially different from what we normally think about—they'd be the richest guy in most any town—but the principle is still there. Guys are going to get their payday, may as well be helping my team.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Another consequence of the pitch clock/shortened game for me: I normally go to bed around 9 pm, switching off the game in the 5th, maybe 6th inning. If the game is close and in the 8th at 9 pm, I'm more likely to stay up to finish it now.