The Kaleb Horton Deceased Latvian Foreign Minister Thread, 2023 Edition

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Latvian Foreign Minister Thread, 2023 Edition

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 2:23pm
oliver wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 12:52pm
Low Down Low wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 12:05pm
I think loads of people do reject honours every year, they just don't go public with it for whatever reason. It's certainly nice when they do though!
I think I read that the awardees are unofficially asked if they'd accept before the official notification comes. I doubt we'll ever see any more rejections.
Smart move for sure. I'd still be one step ahead of them, though. If approached, I would profess my bottomless enthusiasm, saying yes of course old chap, lifedream dream and all that don't you know, and then just as King Chaz is about to anoint me with his sceptred sword or whatever, I stick my hand up and go, nah mate, don't want it, stick it up your fat royal anus. Then i swan out of the building to a swarm of paparazzi who just happen to have gathered outside, almost as if some mystery source had tipped them off that something BIG was going down at Buck House that day.
A tentacle from one the minor royals would crush your windpipe before you made it outside.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 2:51pm
Low Down Low wrote:
oliver wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
I think loads of people do reject honours every year, they just don't go public with it for whatever reason. It's certainly nice when they do though!
I think I read that the awardees are unofficially asked if they'd accept before the official notification comes. I doubt we'll ever see any more rejections.
Smart move for sure. I'd still be one step ahead of them, though. If approached, I would profess my bottomless enthusiasm, saying yes of course old chap, lifedream dream and all that don't you know, and then just as King Chaz is about to anoint me with his sceptred sword or whatever, I stick my hand up and go, nah mate, don't want it, stick it up your fat royal anus. Then i swan out of the building to a swarm of paparazzi who just happen to have gathered outside, almost as if some mystery source had tipped them off that something BIG was going down at Buck House that day.
A tentacle from one the minor royals would crush your windpipe before you made it outside.
Wearing at least 5 layers of fancy dress each, they'd trip over their robes before they could catch me. As long as Chaz didn't get me with those monstrous sausage hands of his, I fancy I'd make it out in one piece alright.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 3:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
oliver wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Wearing at least 5 layers of fancy dress each, they'd trip over their robes before they could catch me. As long as Chaz didn't get me with those monstrous sausage hands of his, I fancy I'd make it out in one piece alright.
So overconfident. How do you think those parasites have lasted so long?
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 3:13pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
oliver wrote:

I've got this guy as director of ops, knows his way around the Palace. I'm pretty confident.

She said, "What do you want from me?" He said, "All I want is a kiss." You can picture the scene: The head of the empire upright in her bed and a drunk Irishman leaning toward her. She asked, "Do you know who I am? I am the Queen of England." And he said, "I don't care who you are.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisu ... der-facts/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 5:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

I've got this guy as director of ops, knows his way around the Palace. I'm pretty confident.

She said, "What do you want from me?" He said, "All I want is a kiss." You can picture the scene: The head of the empire upright in her bed and a drunk Irishman leaning toward her. She asked, "Do you know who I am? I am the Queen of England." And he said, "I don't care who you are.

Wow, that was 40 years ago now? Doesn't seem that distant in my memory.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 5:38pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I would have sworn mid 90s at the earliest. If those shitehawks had the merest sense of honour, he'd have been awarded a CBE or whatever's the shiniest bauble in the stack.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 5:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

I would have sworn mid 90s at the earliest. If those shitehawks had the merest sense of honour, he'd have been awarded a CBE or whatever's the shiniest bauble in the stack.
Yeah, my memory says late 90s (did something else happen around then?).

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 5:53pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I dunno, could be just the old memories playing tricks. Did a brief trawl and came up blank, quite a few stories of weirdos roaming various hallowed royal grounds armed with swords, crossbows and other choice weapons, but all of more recent vintage.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Low Down Low wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 6:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 5:53pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

I dunno, could be just the old memories playing tricks. Did a brief trawl and came up blank, quite a few stories of weirdos roaming various hallowed royal grounds armed with swords, crossbows and other choice weapons, but all of more recent vintage.
He should have had a sponge and a rusty spanner.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Zephaniah is another terrible loss.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

As I write, James, Spider, Jem, and Terry are tuning up

https://mcnmedia.tv/Camera/st-mary-of-the-rosary

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Silent Majority wrote:
08 Dec 2023, 10:24am

Stunning rendition of Rainy Night from Nick Cave there.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Low Down Low wrote:
08 Dec 2023, 12:12pm
Silent Majority wrote:

Victoria did a fantastic eulogy.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
08 Dec 2023, 2:31pm
Low Down Low wrote:
08 Dec 2023, 12:12pm
Silent Majority wrote:

Victoria did a fantastic eulogy.
Agreed. I was at work and only was able to catch part of it but what I did was nice to hear.