Am I a Hobo?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.

Am I a hobo?

Nice bindlestiff, you bum, now hit the rails
13%
You may be the greatest recycler ever, a tribute to the future
48%
The Replacements, "Black Diamond"
39%

Total votes: 23

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Am I a Hobo?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 3:07pm
Edit: Oh and by the way, Nystrom was offside on that cup-winning-goal play. Check the tape. :mrgreen:
Nah. That's been going around forever but it ain't true.

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 3:53pm
weller259 wrote:
Edit: Oh and by the way, Nystrom was offside on that cup-winning-goal play. Check the tape. :mrgreen:

In my mind he was offsides. The Isles would have won that game anyway though. There was no denying their depth of talent back then. Bobby Nystrom actually appeared at my high school's Spring Carnival
in 1978, we had a hockey booth thingy, score a goal and win a prize. He missed all 3 shots, lol
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 10:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 3:53pm
weller259 wrote:

In my mind he was offsides. The Isles would have won that game anyway though. There was no denying their depth of talent back then. Bobby Nystrom actually appeared at my high school's Spring Carnival
in 1978, we had a hockey booth thingy, score a goal and win a prize. He missed all 3 shots, lol
Ha! That’s great. My memory is that, despite the Islanders being a team on the verge of something big, that first Cup was a bit of an upset because the Flyers were, like, undefeated in their first 40 games or something like that (a bunch of ties, but still). I was 11 at the time and it seemed impossible for a team with that kind of regular season record to lose.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Hey, ya coupla hobos. There’s a perfectly good NHL thread for this kinda talk. :mrgreen:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Oh, someone is clearly taunting/testing me now. In my classroom yesterday, at the podium both a toque and a neck gaiter (I didn't know what they were called and just looked it up) were abandoned. Clearly, it's too soon to claim either one, but I wouldn't regardless. I already have a toque and I can't see using a gaiter ever. But, c'mon, universe, quit this already!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 9:57am
Oh, someone is clearly taunting/testing me now. In my classroom yesterday, at the podium both a toque and a neck gaiter (I didn't know what they were called and just looked it up) were abandoned. Clearly, it's too soon to claim either one, but I wouldn't regardless. I already have a toque and I can't see using a gaiter ever. But, c'mon, universe, quit this already!
GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

Put them up on ebay. Keep them in the classroom in case of a severe temperature drop and you're caught without a toque. On the first day of the Fall semester, ask the students if anyone left these here.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 10:14am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Or at the very least, hey Satan, accompany me arm and arm as an ally! Like, I’m good with your music and I’m also contemptuous of your ardent Christian foes. Let’s realize our commonalities, huh?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 10:54am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Or at the very least, hey Satan, accompany me arm and arm as an ally! Like, I’m good with your music and I’m also contemptuous of your ardent Christian foes. Let’s realize our commonalities, huh?
You need to listen to more metal and be less of a SRP.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Face it. Satan is just not that into you.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 11:16am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Face it. Satan is just not that into you.
Rejected by Jesus and Satan alike. :cry:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 2:11pm
revbob wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 2:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 1:30pm
revbob wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 1:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 12:41pm

I'd like to speak to a different customer care representative. Please.

(Also, to be clear, I have lots of these things. I just amass shit like that.)
Toss em, or give them to an IT nerd you kmow.
In the future, I will. But I've used several of them for years.
I wont say the practice of leaving nefarious drives is rampant but it is real, but you can also pick up one that someone unknowingly had that was compromised. The worst stuff is the stuff that isnt obvious. That said its like a lot of things you could do this evey day for the rest of your life and never have a bad one. Like locking your front door, your car, not leaving your wallet on the front porch. Its an easy and inexpensive thing not to do.
Yup, you're right. I only meant that I don't think I need to toss the ones I've been using for years.
Journalist plugs in unknown USB drive mailed to him—it exploded in his face

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/03 ... -face/amp/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 8:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 2:11pm
revbob wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 2:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 1:30pm
revbob wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 1:17pm

Toss em, or give them to an IT nerd you kmow.
In the future, I will. But I've used several of them for years.
I wont say the practice of leaving nefarious drives is rampant but it is real, but you can also pick up one that someone unknowingly had that was compromised. The worst stuff is the stuff that isnt obvious. That said its like a lot of things you could do this evey day for the rest of your life and never have a bad one. Like locking your front door, your car, not leaving your wallet on the front porch. Its an easy and inexpensive thing not to do.
Yup, you're right. I only meant that I don't think I need to toss the ones I've been using for years.
Journalist plugs in unknown USB drive mailed to him—it exploded in his face

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/03 ... -face/amp/
But it didn't have a computer virus, so nyeh!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Photo on 2023-04-04 at 1.52 PM.jpg
Photo on 2023-04-04 at 1.52 PM.jpg (64.26 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
Found this on the ground on campus. Had to pick it up, but, in acknowledgement of revbob's warning, I'll chuck it out.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 1:54pm
Photo on 2023-04-04 at 1.52 PM.jpg

Found this on the ground on campus. Had to pick it up, but, in acknowledgement of revbob's warning, I'll chuck it out.
Remember always, a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust.