Am I a Hobo?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.

Am I a hobo?

Nice bindlestiff, you bum, now hit the rails
13%
You may be the greatest recycler ever, a tribute to the future
48%
The Replacements, "Black Diamond"
39%

Total votes: 23

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Am I a Hobo?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 4:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 11:18am
gkbill wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 11:10am
Hello,

Perhaps you have ADHD - perhaps hobo-ing has benefits (beyond the immediate, material gains).

https://archive.ph/M6U2r
I wouldn’t be surprised if I were diagnosed with some modest form of ADHD. My brain tends to fire off into all kinds of strange places, both from curiosity and boredom, but when I need to focus and get a job done, I’m quite capable of doing so. Give me a firm deadline and mission and I buckle down right away. Give me free rein and I’m off to Tangent City.
Tangents? Certainly not on this board.
You people both accept me for my vice and encourage it.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 4:36pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

Perhaps you have ADHD - perhaps hobo-ing has benefits (beyond the immediate, material gains).

I wouldn’t be surprised if I were diagnosed with some modest form of ADHD. My brain tends to fire off into all kinds of strange places, both from curiosity and boredom, but when I need to focus and get a job done, I’m quite capable of doing so. Give me a firm deadline and mission and I buckle down right away. Give me free rein and I’m off to Tangent City.
Hello,

You people both? Both of us? I didn't get a vote.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 4:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

Not both of you people, you people do two things—acceptance and encouragement.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 4:45pm
gkbill wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 4:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

Not both of you people, you people do two things—acceptance and encouragement.
Hello,

Um, yeah, got it already.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 6:50am
Private account.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 7:18am
revbob wrote:
Private account.
I blame Hoy
Screenshot_20240322_083710_Reddit.jpg
Attachments

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 8:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 7:18am
revbob wrote:
Private account.
I blame Hoy

Typical brainwashed bourgeois definitions of work to marginalize les hobeaux. Just because we’re not bound up in your wage slavery oppression doesn’t mean we don’t work! :angry:

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

The Richard Scarry wiki has a great write up on that character and his two friends known as "The Beggars":
The Three Beggars - Wolfgang Wolf, Benny Baboon, and Harry Hyena - are a trio of layabouts who spend their time lazing in the sun, eating, fishing, or even getting into trouble. On one occasion they were deemed suitable enough to fly to the moon (with Lowly as a passenger).
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 10:14am
The Richard Scarry wiki has a great write up on that character and his two friends known as "The Beggars":
The Three Beggars - Wolfgang Wolf, Benny Baboon, and Harry Hyena - are a trio of layabouts who spend their time lazing in the sun, eating, fishing, or even getting into trouble. On one occasion they were deemed suitable enough to fly to the moon (with Lowly as a passenger).
Someone bought some of those books for our daughter. I remember reading some and having some serious cringe moments. Along with a bunch of other books

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 5:38pm
matedog wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 10:14am
Someone bought some of those books for our daughter. I remember reading some and having some serious cringe moments. Along with a bunch of other books
They are mostly fine. My older daughter was really into it along with the janky mid 90s animated show. It allowed me to do a lot of funny voices too and come up with my own stories to entertain myself (Lowly worm and Hilda Hippo are definitely fucking, btw.).
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Found this in a parking lot a few days ago. I needed a case for my spare pair of reading glasses, so I couldn't pass it up.

glassescase.jpg
glassescase.jpg (200.65 KiB) Viewed 169 times
Shoot straight for once, you Army pukes. - Lt. Col. Andrew Tanner, USAF