Am I a Hobo?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.

Am I a hobo?

Nice bindlestiff, you bum, now hit the rails
13%
You may be the greatest recycler ever, a tribute to the future
48%
The Replacements, "Black Diamond"
39%

Total votes: 23

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Am I a Hobo?

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 3:10pm
gkbill wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 3:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 2:48pm
revbob wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 2:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 2:28pm

Let me just this about that: I would not take that sexual accessory. Unless there are any other questions, Mrs Nixon and I have a banquet to attend.
Its right off the bike path near downtown I believe.
Hmm. You have a bike, don't you? :shifty:
Hello,

I'm more bothered by the trash near the lamp post - come on, Vermonters!
This is what happens when you don't cull the Phish population regularly.
Yeah its mainly catch and release here.

But yeah the trash thing is a whole other thing.

Without getting into the socio economics/politics etc, there's been a large population of addicts and homeless people that have surprise dont always pick up after themselves as well as the random fully functioning assholes who also litter.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 3:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 2:40pm

Its right off the bike path near downtown I believe.
Hello,

Damned hippies. Both the feral population and the municipal administrators.

Without getting into the socio economics/politics etc, there's been a large population of addicts and homeless people that have surprise dont always pick up after themselves as well as the random fully functioning assholes who also litter.
Same problem here. Ottawa's homeless population has grown markedly in the past several years. A number of tent communities in green areas, as well as plenty outside shelters. Of course the city has no constructive plan to address it besides siccing the police on them.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 3:35pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

Same problem here. Ottawa's homeless population has grown markedly in the past several years. A number of tent communities in green areas, as well as plenty outside shelters. Of course the city has no constructive plan to address it besides siccing the police on them.
I think this report can be made by most cities at this point.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 3:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:

Hello,

True, tho Ottawa has its own spin on things. When indigenous people up north need medical treatment, they'll be flown down south, but a fair number of them choose not to return because, well, life isn't good there either. So Ottawa ends up "importing" homeless people—or, rather, the federal government does, and the city has no means/intentions to remedy the situation.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 3:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:

Hello,

Yeah there was a large encampment at one point that most people didn't know about it was out of site near hardly used railroad tracks ina area that was partially a superfund site. Well it was decided that the homeless couldn't live in a contaminated area so they were forced out. Then a few months later the land was purchased and is being developed. So were they pushed out for their safety or was there more to it?

So what happened to all those big opiod payouts?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Went for a walk this morning and saw, draped over a railing, a clean, fairly new-looking parka. I let it be for someone who actually needs it.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 11:14am
Went for a walk this morning and saw, draped over a railing, a clean, fairly new-looking parka. I let it be for someone who actually needs it.
Should have checked the pockets, might have been a set of keys to a Vespa! Double score!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 1:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Should have checked the pockets, might have been a set of keys to a Vespa! Double score!
Dammit! One more regret I'll carry with me for the rest of my days.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Too small??

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 10:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Too small??
If I had tried it on, it would have been coming home with me regardless. No, the hobo protocol—or "hobocol"—is to leave undisturbed what you leave undisturbed.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

We had a hobo discussion at the bar earlier. One woman works at a place where rich people come for sauna baths. She was saying people will end up leaving stuff behind and she will take stuff thats left if its nice and fits (jackets and such).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 9:31pm
We had a hobo discussion at the bar earlier. One woman works at a place where rich people come for sauna baths. She was saying people will end up leaving stuff behind and she will take stuff thats left if its nice and fits (jackets and such).
She knows The Code. :ugeek:

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Perhaps you have ADHD - perhaps hobo-ing has benefits (beyond the immediate, material gains).

https://archive.ph/M6U2r

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 11:10am
Hello,

Perhaps you have ADHD - perhaps hobo-ing has benefits (beyond the immediate, material gains).

I wouldn’t be surprised if I were diagnosed with some modest form of ADHD. My brain tends to fire off into all kinds of strange places, both from curiosity and boredom, but when I need to focus and get a job done, I’m quite capable of doing so. Give me a firm deadline and mission and I buckle down right away. Give me free rein and I’m off to Tangent City.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 11:18am
gkbill wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 11:10am
Hello,

I wouldn’t be surprised if I were diagnosed with some modest form of ADHD. My brain tends to fire off into all kinds of strange places, both from curiosity and boredom, but when I need to focus and get a job done, I’m quite capable of doing so. Give me a firm deadline and mission and I buckle down right away. Give me free rein and I’m off to Tangent City.
Tangents? Certainly not on this board.