Am I a Hobo?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.

Am I a hobo?

Nice bindlestiff, you bum, now hit the rails
13%
You may be the greatest recycler ever, a tribute to the future
48%
The Replacements, "Black Diamond"
39%

Total votes: 23

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Am I a Hobo?

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Apr 2023, 5:53am
So 51% are all up for recycling and saving the planet. While the other 49% are sat grooving to The Replacements. I guess that's as positive as it gets. See human beings are not all that bad.

Listening to The Replacements is better than being out on the streets for a living.
And of course the Replacements were not averse to acquiring furniture from the street. Even if they only moved it as far as the nearest railway line

(cf. the classic band photo, as seen here - which is actually a great website for Mats fans:
https://www.thecurrent.org/feature/2013 ... -landmarks )
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
19 Apr 2023, 6:13am
Marky Dread wrote:
So 51% are all up for recycling and saving the planet. While the other 49% are sat grooving to The Replacements. I guess that's as positive as it gets. See human beings are not all that bad.

Listening to The Replacements is better than being out on the streets for a living.
And of course the Replacements were not averse to acquiring furniture from the street. Even if they only moved it as far as the nearest railway line

(cf. the classic band photo, as seen here - which is actually a great website for Mats fans:
Medulla was fuming when he found out who took his favourite couch.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Apr 2023, 7:45am
JohnS wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

If I can’t pick it up and put it in my pocket, I pass it by. I may be cheap, but I’m also lazy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Apr 2023, 7:59am
Marky Dread wrote:
JohnS wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

If I can’t pick it up and put it in my pocket, I pass it by. I may be cheap, but I’m also lazy.
You never fail to disappoint me. Still I can't fault your consistency. 🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Apr 2023, 8:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
JohnS wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Think of most any stereotype of a 90s slacker. I'm not that far off, apart from regularly getting buzzed.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Apr 2023, 8:27am
Marky Dread wrote:
19 Apr 2023, 8:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
JohnS wrote:

Think of most any stereotype of a 90s slacker. I'm not that far off, apart from regularly getting buzzed.
Attachments
20230419_135807.jpg
20230419_135807.jpg (66.77 KiB) Viewed 1591 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Hey everybody! I found my hobo knife!* It was in a box of old junk in the cellar – no idea what it was doing there. Take a gander at this thing and tell me you don’t have the immediate urge to open a can of pork’n’beans, cook ‘em in the can, and warsh it down with a bottle or two of cheap wine. I count at least 11 or 12 apps on this baby. And I‘ve got an active railroad less than 200 feet away from my front door. So…fucking…tempting….

hoboknife1.jpg

*Full disclosure: I’ve only done a limited amount of recreational hobo-ing and I have no idea how I acquired this thing. Maybe I got it for a buck at a flea market…or maybe I drunkenly choked-out a hobo for his prized hobo knife. I…simply…don’t…know… Cool though, huh?
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Kimmelweck wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 11:13am
Hey everybody! I found my hobo knife!* It was in a box of old junk in the cellar – no idea what it was doing there. Take a gander at this thing and tell me you don’t have the immediate urge to open a can of pork’n’beans, cook ‘em in the can, and warsh it down with a bottle or two of cheap wine. I count at least 11 or 12 apps on this baby. And I‘ve got an active railroad less than 200 feet away from my front door. So…fucking…tempting….

hoboknife1.jpg

*Full disclosure: I’ve only done a limited amount of recreational hobo-ing and I have no idea how I acquired this thing. Maybe I got it for a buck at a flea market…or maybe I drunkenly choked-out a hobo for his prized hobo knife. I…simply…don’t…know… Cool though, huh?
I think that's a weapon that would best the actual Swiss army.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kimmelweck wrote:

hoboknife1.jpg

Damn, that things got just about everything any hobo could long for. On a serious note, looks pretty damn cool, may even be a vintage WWII collectible.

https://www.horsesoldier.com/products/e ... ives/18987
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kimmelweck wrote:

hoboknife1.jpg

The perfect device for picking up random USB sticks!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 11:30am
Kimmelweck wrote:

hoboknife1.jpg

The perfect device for picking up random USB sticks!
:disshame: If nothing else, this thread has persuaded me to stop doing that. I'll be damned, tho, if I stop collecting ear muffs, scarves, and pens (my stash needs to last until September when the hunt can resume).

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Silent Majority wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 11:25am
Kimmelweck wrote:

hoboknife1.jpg

I think that's a weapon that would best the actual Swiss army.
I’ve got one or two decent modern Swiss Army knives, but this “hobo knife” is huge by comparison. It’s a good 12 inches long when fully extended (measured fork to spoon) and probably weighs half a kilo. Must have been pretty state-of-the-art in its day though.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Sparky wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 11:27am
Kimmelweck wrote:

hoboknife1.jpg

Damn, that things got just about everything any hobo could long for. On a serious note, looks pretty damn cool, may even be a vintage WWII collectible.

https://www.horsesoldier.com/products/e ... ives/18987
Yeah, wow, the knife in the link looks like pretty much the exact same thing as mine. That makes it maybe 80 years old or so? I wonder if mine's seen any action - either hobo or combat.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Kimmelweck wrote:

hoboknife1.jpg

12 apps... :lol: