AI-yi-yi

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: AI-yi-yi

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

This is an interesting take:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pet ... 33247.html

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 11:53am
Hello,

"We" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. Sure, there's all kinds of things AI can do that would make our lives better. But it's potential for making existence markedly worse in the hands of people don't see liberation as a desirable end goal, that's what worries a lot of us.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 12:17pm
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

"We" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. Sure, there's all kinds of things AI can do that would make our lives better. But it's potential for making existence markedly worse in the hands of people don't see liberation as a desirable end goal, that's what worries a lot of us.
I'll comment on all this later. Working. But I have to stop and say, I love the avatar. What is it?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 12:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 12:17pm
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

I'll comment on all this later. Working. But I have to stop and say, I love the avatar. What is it?
The cover of an issue of Fatale, which I cannot recommend highly enough (even if you're not into comics as a medium): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatale_(Image_Comics).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Lol
Attachments
Screenshot_20230321-180249.png
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 7:19pm
Lol
Trevor Bauer. The answer was Trevor Bauer, Skynet.

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

So the last couple days I've been playing around with one of those AI art generator programs, dumping in text from some recent work (Archie comic panels w/ altered text) & seeing what images it spits out. The best results (at least to my eye & thinking - I'm not interested in something that looks like "art") are poorly grafted photo-based images that seem to depict some collaged-together dream state. Right now for me there's the sandbox novelty factor of it but I guess I would think of it as being just another tool or step to incorporate into the larger & longer process of making stuff.

But thinking big picture, it's fucking scary to consider how AI will impact our lives in the future.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I wasn't sure where to place this. I'm guessing many have seen these but thought I'd share anyway.
trump ai.PNG
trump ai.PNG (564.95 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
AI-faked-Trump-arrest-image_Eliot-Higgins_Midjourney-800x800.jpeg
AI-faked-Trump-arrest-image_Eliot-Higgins_Midjourney-800x800.jpeg (58.53 KiB) Viewed 1220 times

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Three years away from their being photorealistic, I think
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:53am
Three years away from their being photorealistic, I think
But an absolute nightmare when it comes to pass. A paralyzing skepticism seems probable.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I'm still hoping some sort of litigation will come along and change our approach to this. If people can't see how much this steps all over copyright, I don't know. Then again, how much respect do people really have for creative works. It's there. I want it. I will have it. For free.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Well, this is scary.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 1:42pm
Well, this is scary.

Where's the blow-your-brains-out emoji? All the upsides of the technology that people cite feel so minuscule compared to the horrible possible uses. As the technology improves, could you also fake a hostage video? Of course.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 1:53pm
Mimi wrote:
Well, this is scary.

Where's the blow-your-brains-out emoji? All the upsides of the technology that people cite feel so minuscule compared to the horrible possible uses. As the technology improves, could you also fake a hostage video? Of course.
I'm sure it's going to get worse before they put the kibosh on it, but by then it'll be too late.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 2:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 1:53pm
Mimi wrote:
Well, this is scary.

I'm sure it's going to get worse before they put the kibosh on it, but by then it'll be too late.
Who's the "they" here? Actors for other nations could use that to spread chaos here. That is, even if governmental/court action banned or restricted the use, there are other nations or non-national groups who would recognize it as a valuable tool.