We don't need no education...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: We don't need no education...

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Aug 2023, 3:08pm
laxman wrote:
21 Aug 2023, 2:30pm
On a kind of related point, my mum's Alzheimer's made me think of her memory as being a wall with some of the bricks missing. Her brain seemed to try to fill in the missing bricks (i.e. the missing parts of her memories of actual events) with made up elements, which she would repeat until they had become part of her engrained memories. This was quite upsetting for my dad in particular because some of the made up parts were quite hurtful. The use of Another Brick in the Wall was therefore a bit of a reminder of that.

Like Marky, I don't think she would have been too happy with Pink Floyd but I think her preference would have been Johnny Ray rather than the Clash or Pistols!
Yep what we have to look forward to in later life can be very sad and hurtful on those who love us most. But at least work is progressing in these fields of science and maybe just one of these days who knows. I remain positive.

And Johnny Ray is cool in my book.
I hope so. I guess the problem is that something has to get you in the end, so the cure for one disease means that another becomes more prominent. I suspect past medical advances which resulted in longer life expectancies led to the higher prevalence of Alzheimers.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
21 Aug 2023, 3:12pm
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
On a kind of related point, my mum's Alzheimer's made me think of her memory as being a wall with some of the bricks missing. Her brain seemed to try to fill in the missing bricks (i.e. the missing parts of her memories of actual events) with made up elements, which she would repeat until they had become part of her engrained memories. This was quite upsetting for my dad in particular because some of the made up parts were quite hurtful. The use of Another Brick in the Wall was therefore a bit of a reminder of that.

Like Marky, I don't think she would have been too happy with Pink Floyd but I think her preference would have been Johnny Ray rather than the Clash or Pistols!
Yep what we have to look forward to in later life can be very sad and hurtful on those who love us most. But at least work is progressing in these fields of science and maybe just one of these days who knows. I remain positive.

I hope so. I guess the problem is that something has to get you in the end, so the cure for one disease means that another becomes more prominent. I suspect past medical advances which resulted in longer life expectancies led to the higher prevalence of Alzheimers.
Clashitis took me over a long time ago. No available cure.

Should be fun when I get to age where I can't remember if "Radio One" belongs on "Combat Rock" or not.🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Aug 2023, 3:14pm
laxman wrote:
21 Aug 2023, 3:12pm
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

Clashitis took me over a long time ago. No available cure.

Should be fun when I get to age where I can't remember if "Radio One" belongs on "Combat Rock" or not.🤣
Not a bad way to go!