MLB 2024

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2024

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 11:01am
I'm going to preface this remark with: I don't know anything about the guy so...

Anyway, the Yankees social media team on instagram has a major hard on for Juan Soto so it's move over Judge, you've been replaced. :lol:
He’s potentially only there a year, so maybe they’re trying to butter him up to stay. Judge is better all around, imo, tho entering the decline phase. And I maintain that with his size he’s going to start spending lots of time on the IL. Even Frankenstein’s parts start to break down.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 11:23am
Mimi wrote:
I'm going to preface this remark with: I don't know anything about the guy so...

Anyway, the Yankees social media team on instagram has a major hard on for Juan Soto so it's move over Judge, you've been replaced. :lol:
He’s potentially only there a year, so maybe they’re trying to butter him up to stay. Judge is better all around, imo, tho entering the decline phase. And I maintain that with his size he’s going to start spending lots of time on the IL. Even Frankenstein’s parts start to break down.
:lol:
:lol:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Just need to dig up some fresh new ones

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 3:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Bump off Stanton and harvest him.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 3:30pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Just not his legs.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 3:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 3:30pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Just not his legs.
Or his back. That spine seems to have calcified into pure granite.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Tuned in for Cards-Dodgers. Costas is doing PBP. He just can't help but sound like a kid reminding the teacher that they forgot to assign homework.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 4:30pm
Tuned in for Cards-Dodgers. Costas is doing PBP. He just can't help but sound like a kid reminding the teacher that they forgot to assign homework.
He and Buster Olney. They both sat in the very front of every class and started the school's first D&D club which had exactly 2 members.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

162-0 still in play
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Rockies continue to be a model of consistency. It's hard to believe that last year was the first time they lost more than 100 games.

Flex

Post by Flex »

I stayed up for last night's game. Glad I did. Sox are going 162-0.

The Rockies on the other hand...

Pex Lives!

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 5:01am
The Rockies continue to be a model of consistency. It's hard to believe that last year was the first time they lost more than 100 games.
I might have said this here before, but despite the Rockies reputation they've put together plenty of decent seasons and even some playoff caliber runs. Historically, I always thought of them as a team at least capable of being a fringy wild card playoff team (even if they didn't make it). They were never masterfully run as an organization, but there's a pretty big difference between most of the franchise's time and the post-Helton years where the ownership fired most of its front office and have replaced it with... nothing.

They got their ballpark neighborhood redevelopment and seem fine just receiving income from that and the "Coors field experience". It's really gross (and unsettlingly close to what FSG seems interested in setting up).

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 9:40am
They got their ballpark neighborhood redevelopment and seem fine just receiving income from that and the "Coors field experience". It's really gross (and unsettlingly close to what FSG seems interested in setting up).
That really is my concern—the whole development project around Fenway, where people go for a full "Fenway experience" and whether the Sox win or not, are good or not, is entirely incidental to the kind of customer (*not* fan) they want.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://sports.yahoo.com/yankees-post-a ... 19435.html

I know I'm hoping against hope, but I'd love for there to be a fan backlash against MLB's fuck-friend relationship with gambling sites.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 6:51pm
https://sports.yahoo.com/yankees-post-a ... 19435.html

I know I'm hoping against hope, but I'd love for there to be a fan backlash against MLB's fuck-friend relationship with gambling sites.
It's so fucking gross, I'd love a backlash but there's just so, so much money in it. The article itself is bananas, Jayson tatum saying he feels bad when he didn't get some their parlay bet. So these players are definitely thinking about the gambling and letting it get in their heads. That can't be good for any of these pro leagues.

Pex Lives!