Caraway Seeds = The Devil's Seeds

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Caraway Seeds = The Devil's Seeds

Post by revbob »

There I said it. No doubt there are some here who will champion their cause but fuck I cant handle the taste nor odor.

Why is this coming up you ask? A friend gave me some bread she made and it is full of them. I tried a small piece and came close to vomiting and had to spit it out. No doubt next time I see her she will ask how I liked the bread. Im not sure how I should answer.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Caraway Seeds = The Devil's Seeds

Post by Mimi »

I don't like the seeds but I've eaten roasted fennel (mixed with beets it's *chef's kiss*) and liked it enough. I'm of the opinion that roasting vegetables is the only way to go. It just brings out the goodness in them.

eta: I confused caraway with fennel seeds, although, google is telling me they have the same-ish flavor.

I still don't like them.
Last edited by Mimi on 23 Mar 2024, 10:33am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 10:06am
There I said it. No doubt there are some here who will champion their cause but fuck I cant handle the taste nor odor.

Why is this coming up you ask? A friend gave me some bread she made and it is full of them. I tried a small piece and came close to vomiting and had to spit it out. No doubt next time I see her she will ask how I liked the bread. Im not sure how I should answer.
"It was a memorable experience!"

I have no opinion on caraway as I'm not sure I've had anything with them. Or at least that has stuck out in my mind. At any rate, then, I haven't had a notably negative experience.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 10:30am
revbob wrote:

I have no opinion on caraway as I'm not sure I've had anything with them. Or at least that has stuck out in my mind. At any rate, then, I haven't had a notably negative experience.
I tend to be straightforward in these situations. I would say, I liked the bread enough, I'm just not a fan of caraway seeds, but I appreciate that you thought of me.

Keep in mind, I don't have many friends. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 10:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I tend to be straightforward in these situations. I would say, I liked the bread enough, I'm just not a fan of caraway seeds, but I appreciate that you thought of me.

Keep in mind, I don't have many friends. :shifty:
Yeah, I'm inclined to just shrug and say it ain't for me. if people can't accept that taste isn't objective, that's on them.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:

Hello,

Tell her you're allergic to caraway seeds.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Rye bread usually has them in it.

And know doubt Kimmelweck is a fan of caraway.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Can't stand them either, total deal breaker on any type of bread that has them in it.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Had no idea what "caraway" meant, but the Kimmelweck reference gave it away. I like it, on occasion.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 11:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Ah, okay, I'm neutral on them, then, in that I've never found rye bread objectionable.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 12:03pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Ah, okay, I'm neutral on them, then, in that I've never found rye bread objectionable.
There is no middle ground here, pick a side.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 2:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

"Black Diamond"
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 2:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Fries. No, onion rings.