Association Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 7:38am
Emery gooner gooner gone!
Did you watch United U23 in Europa League game, I thought they did great. Rather watch those boys than over paid underperforming squad players like Jones, Rojo, Matic, Young..

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 2:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Did you watch United U23 in Europa League game, I thought they did great. Rather watch those boys than over paid underperforming squad players like Jones, Rojo, Matic, Young..
Yes some really great young talent at the club. Shame about Chongs sitter but they did excellent.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 4:04pm
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Yes some really great young talent at the club. Shame about Chongs sitter but they did excellent.
Ethan Laird was in my daughter's class at Primary School, so I probably have some pictures somewhere of him at her birthday parties back then. She was very proud to see that he played, but her main comment when I showed her his picture in the paper today was "where has his big hair gone?"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 4:08pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Ethan Laird was in my daughter's class at Primary School, so I probably have some pictures somewhere of him at her birthday parties back then. She was very proud to see that he played, but her main comment when I showed her his picture in the paper today was "where has his big hair gone?"
That's a nice story mate. It will be interesting to see if the Utd board stick with Ole and the slow but steady progress the team are making. IF they truly believe in youth over finance.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 4:13pm
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
That's a nice story mate. It will be interesting to see if the Utd board stick with Ole and the slow but steady progress the team are making. IF they truly believe in youth over finance.
Yeah good story Lax, Laird had a great game and not far away from an EPL debut.
Marky I really hope they do (stick with Ole) you can see some great talent coming through and they are only let down currently by the senior pros ( yes I am talking about you Paul). If Pogba showed half the grit of Brandon Williams I would be happy.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 4:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Marky I really hope they do (stick with Ole) you can see some great talent coming through and they are only let down currently by the senior pros ( yes I am talking about you Paul). If Pogba showed half the grit of Brandon Williams I would be happy.
I want Pogba to go as he is nothing but a disturbance and distraction at the club.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 4:53pm
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I want Pogba to go as he is nothing but a disturbance and distraction at the club.
Would be great to see Ethan playing in the Premier League. My recollection is that he is a really nice lad. He wasn't the only decent player in the school football team that year. They made it to the national final of a schools tournament, the final was played at Wembley at half time during the Coca Cola final. Unfortunately their goalie broke his arm during the game and then they lost on penalties. My daughter was always amused that the smallest player went in goals as the stand in.

OGS seemed to make three good signings in the Summer, I think he has earned a chance to build the team up . Too much chopping and changing since Fergie retired.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 6:15pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

Would be great to see Ethan playing in the Premier League. My recollection is that he is a really nice lad. He wasn't the only decent player in the school football team that year. They made it to the national final of a schools tournament, the final was played at Wembley at half time during the Coca Cola final. Unfortunately their goalie broke his arm during the game and then they lost on penalties. My daughter was always amused that the smallest player went in goals as the stand in.

OGS seemed to make three good signings in the Summer, I think he has earned a chance to build the team up . Too much chopping and changing since Fergie retired.
Yep agree totally Lax. OGS had a plan and stuck to it. The three players he signed have been 3 of the stand out players this season. The names of the players he has been linked with, Sancho, Haaland, Maddison etc. fit the plan perfectly (getting them not so easy).
Going back to Marky’s point I’d take any of those 3 for Pogba!!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 6:24pm
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Yep agree totally Lax. OGS had a plan and stuck to it. The three players he signed have been 3 of the stand out players this season. The names of the players he has been linked with, Sancho, Haaland, Maddison etc. fit the plan perfectly (getting them not so easy).
Yep the club need to be brave during the transition period after the failures of previous managers etc. Building a solid team of young players takes time. Fans need to be understanding and for a while lower any expectations they may have (if any).

There is so much promise at the club right now. A couple of key signings like 101 mentioned and Utd will be flying again. It's a long way to go and a top 4 finish can still happen.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 5:38am
101Walterton wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 6:24pm
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Yep the club need to be brave during the transition period after the failures of previous managers etc. Building a solid team of young players takes time. Fans need to be understanding and for a while lower any expectations they may have (if any).

There is so much promise at the club right now. A couple of key signings like 101 mentioned and Utd will be flying again. It's a long way to go and a top 4 finish can still happen.
Oh and message to Ronnie, thanks for the memories but no thanks don’t want or need you back now.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

"It's not about me it's about the team" - Mourinho

A week later...

"Spurs fans will have more reasons to love me" - Mourinho

Humble....

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

tosh
Long Time Jerk

Post by tosh »

We good with 7 in top 30
And 4 in top 7 for the Ballon d’Or?

Not done the research, but that seems decent?

Also. Love the Man U on the cusp of a turn around chatter. I seem to recall comparing this to Liverpool in the 90’s a few years ago and being cut short.

It is crazy how accurate that seems a few years after I said it, even including the denial it is occurring.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

tosh wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 2:05am
We good with 7 in top 30
And 4 in top 7 for the Ballon d’Or?

Not done the research, but that seems decent?

Also. Love the Man U on the cusp of a turn around chatter. I seem to recall comparing this to Liverpool in the 90’s a few years ago and being cut short.

It is crazy how accurate that seems a few years after I said it, even including the denial it is occurring.
What exactly is it you love about the "Man U" chatter? I haven't said they are on the cusp of anything. But it's clear the young players are showing a lot of promise and potential. Will Man U win anything this season? I very much doubt it. Will they manage a top 4 position? unlikely but not impossible. Am I happy being a Manchester United fan at the moment? Yes always gonna love my club regardless. Are the club moving in the right direction? Yes but very slowly. Will OGS make it passed the next two matches? I doubt it with modern football/media being what it is.

This Manchester United fan is never in denial. Things take time to build and as a Liverpool fan you should know this better than most.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

As a long time Brendan Rodgers man am chuffed to see leicester right back up at the business end. Think its the perfect place for it, hope he stays.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Low Down Low wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 6:57am
As a long time Brendan Rodgers man am chuffed to see leicester right back up at the business end. Think its the perfect place for it, hope he stays.
He should stay at Leicester he has done a great job but I think he will go to Arsenal.