Association Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

There have been 5 different champions in last 8 years of EPL not too many European leagues can say that.
Roll on next season.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Got to feel for Pulisic, he has been Chelsea’s best player last few weeks, scores a cracking opening goal in cup final, is about to score his second and hamstring goes.
He could have been on way to M.O.T.M. award and a winners medal instead of being a loser.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 12:52am
Got to feel for Pulisic, he has been Chelsea’s best player last few weeks, scores a cracking opening goal in cup final, is about to score his second and hamstring goes.
He could have been on way to M.O.T.M. award and a winners medal instead of being a loser.
Hello,

True - he was screaming on the last stride before even getting the shot off. I just hope it's not bad...hamstrings have been notoriously bad for many players. I hope it doesn't affect his pace. He needs sufficient time off. He finished up having a great run of games at the end. The work on the first goal today - he sent the through ball and kept going forward scoring after a nice bit of footworking.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

gkbill wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 1:38am
101Walterton wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 12:52am
Hello,

True - he was screaming on the last stride before even getting the shot off. I just hope it's not bad...hamstrings have been notoriously bad for many players. I hope it doesn't affect his pace. He needs sufficient time off. He finished up having a great run of games at the end. The work on the first goal today - he sent the through ball and kept going forward scoring after a nice bit of footworking.
Yes I can’t believe he managed to still shoot when you could see the muscle had already gone. Very brave.
They have Timo Werner coming in so there should be no pressure to rush him back.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Come on Brentford!!!!!!

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

101Walterton wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 4:39pm
Come on Brentford!!!!!!
I thought they were going to do it in the 2nd half of extra time until Fulham scored again, they looked dangerous.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 5:41pm
101Walterton wrote:
Come on Brentford!!!!!!
I thought they were going to do it in the 2nd half of extra time until Fulham scored again, they looked dangerous.
Got to feel sorry for the supporters with that track record in playoffs ☹️

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

101Walterton wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 5:45pm
laxman wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Come on Brentford!!!!!!
It was there for them with two games to go, after WBA slipped up. A shame they didn't make it because from what I hear they have been superb this season.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 5:50pm
101Walterton wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 5:45pm
laxman wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Come on Brentford!!!!!!
It was there for them with two games to go, after WBA slipped up. A shame they didn't make it because from what I hear they have been superb this season.
And Fulham have had plenty of chances in EPL so pick up big ££££ every time they get promoted then again when relegated without actually achieving anything. Time for someone else to have a go.
To be fair Fulham’s first goal was a cracker ( second wasn’t bad either).

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

God knows I'm not a great Bayern fan, but watching Barca fall apart was hilarious. Felt sorry for ter Stegen though.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Olaf wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 5:38pm
God knows I'm not a great Bayern fan, but watching Barca fall apart was hilarious. Felt sorry for ter Stegen though.
That was one hell of a performance although to be fair Barcelona kept giving it to them on a plate (including ter Stegen)!!!

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 8:20pm
Olaf wrote:
That was one hell of a performance although to be fair Barcelona kept giving it to them on a plate (including ter Stegen)!!!
Yeah, though with a defense like that, as a goalkeeper you're bound to look bad. Seemed more of a physical fitness issue than anything else.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Olaf wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 3:18am
101Walterton wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Yeah, though with a defense like that, as a goalkeeper you're bound to look bad. Seemed more of a physical fitness issue than anything else.
It was Barcelona’s attempt to play out from the back which was beaten time after time by Bayern’s high press. Barcelona didn’t even try snd switch it up by going long.
You are correct about the defence who were also clueless when Bayern were on attack.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 4:15am
Olaf wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 3:18am
101Walterton wrote:
Olaf wrote:
It was Barcelona’s attempt to play out from the back which was beaten time after time by Bayern’s high press. Barcelona didn’t even try snd switch it up by going long.
You are correct about the defence who were also clueless when Bayern were on attack.
Very dated football these days.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

So, ManU supporters, who are you rooting for tonight?