Association Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

FarawayTowns wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 5:18pm
gkbill wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 12:03pm
Hello,

I'm sorry, Scotland, but you won't be boogie-ing tonight.
Good call. The long Scottish wait to progress from a tournament group stage continues.
Obvious call. But they gave it a go. Stern test next for England

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

It's been an odd tournament with OG being the leading scorer/Golden Boot winner. The Spain-Croatia game is really exciting - I'm just watching the extra time.

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

Cracking evenings entertainment. Stunned to see France get knocked out. Only got themselves to blame. Tournament is now wide open.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

FarawayTowns wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 5:54pm
Cracking evenings entertainment. Stunned to see France get knocked out. Only got themselves to blame. Tournament is now wide open.
I fell in love with football again tonight. I had lost a lot of interest over the last few years after being football mad since the age of 7.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Heston wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 6:32pm
FarawayTowns wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 5:54pm
I fell in love with football again tonight. I had lost a lot of interest over the last few years after being football mad since the age of 7.
Hello,

I lost both games in my pool but I'm not bothered - the games were worth it!

I still wanted Croatia to win....

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Well done England.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

England were the better side - although it would have been interesting if Mueller hadn't choked. I'm usually not a Pickford fan but I thought he did well today.

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

gkbill wrote:
29 Jun 2021, 4:25pm
Hello,

England were the better side - although it would have been interesting if Mueller hadn't choked. I'm usually not a Pickford fan but I thought he did well today.
Game changed when Grealish came on. Mueller moment was crucial. Pickford was very good. He has his critics but has never let the national side down.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Have you seen Soccer Guy on Facebook? Great match report;

HurriKane season arrives late at the Wembley Arena as England Soccer Club eliminize Doucheland real good in the Euro World Championship Sweet 16s. The Soccer Chicken goalshot inserter has been kinda lame lately, goofing around on the field and not doing good plays. But after Raheem British Dollar put the first stain on the sheets for the Three Lines, HurriKane head kicked one right into the German ballbag to take home the three points, making all of Britain real happy. The jewels remain real shiny for England, who save that queen and head on down to Italy to go play some more soccer. #HurriKaneSeason #HowDyaLikeThemApplesDoucheland #WereGoingHome #ThreeLines

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I think England might very well bore their way to the title, or go pretty close.

That's not a slur btw. Just don't think Southgate is willing to let them off the leash yet but it's paying off so that's what counts. Draw couldn't be kinder.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
29 Jun 2021, 5:37pm
I think England might very well bore their way to the title, or go pretty close.

That's not a slur btw. Just don't think Southgate is willing to let them off the leash yet but it's paying off so that's what counts. Draw couldn't be kinder.
Clean sheets mate. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Jun 2021, 5:49pm
Low Down Low wrote:

Clean sheets mate. ;)
Yeah that's exactly it, especially when you see some of the chaos on other side of the draw from the likes of Spain. Like i said, it wasn't meant in any way as criticism. Been really impressed by Maguire last 2 games.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
29 Jun 2021, 6:06pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Clean sheets mate. ;)
Yeah that's exactly it, especially when you see some of the chaos on other side of the draw from the likes of Spain. Like i said, it wasn't meant in any way as criticism. Been really impressed by Maguire last 2 games.
No never took as a criticism. I agree with you. It's steady as it goes and a case of containing the threat then exposing any weakness. I think at times these tactics appear dull. But the only thing that matters are the results. Maybe they have another gear and maybe Southgate could be braver in his selection. I think Grealish gives the team more bite when he has come on. Shaw was really solid today.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Maguire was magnificent. I don't care how England play as long as they progress. The only team in the tournament not to concede so far, surely the game is about defending as well. Remember this is the only the SECOND game we have won in the knockout stages of the Euros. Introduce a little flair as we make progess, I'm happy with that.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Jun 2021, 6:17pm
Low Down Low wrote:
29 Jun 2021, 6:06pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Clean sheets mate. ;)
No never took as a criticism. I agree with you. It's steady as it goes and a case of containing the threat then exposing any weakness. I think at times these tactics appear dull. But the only thing that matters are the results. Maybe they have another gear and maybe Southgate could be braver in his selection. I think Grealish gives the team more bite when he has come on. Shaw was really solid today.
Does feel like they'd have another gear and i think I'd have grealish in there too but what he's doing is working so can't fault him for sticking with it. Don't see there are any better teams left now, Belgium look great on paper but don't fancy them not to bottle it. As long as they don't get complacent i think England have a fantastic chance.