Association Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46543
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 6:52pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 5:54pm
Flex wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 5:10pm
Much better :cool:
Yep did my team a big favour. "Up the Hammers!".
Just watching now, Chelsea defending like a school team. Got away with one (correctly) from VAR.
Shame they didn't play like that against City.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 6:58pm
101Walterton wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 6:52pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 5:54pm
Flex wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 5:10pm
Much better :cool:
Yep did my team a big favour. "Up the Hammers!".
Just watching now, Chelsea defending like a school team. Got away with one (correctly) from VAR.
Shame they didn't play like that against City.
I guess what they did against City doesn’t count now, 3 points from the 2 games. With Leicester losing again it is getting very tight.
Just need to know if City’s ban will be upheld.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12287
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Kory »

I gotta get back into this, it's been years since I've seen a match. I used to go to the pubs to watch, but that ain't happening now.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 5:54pm
Flex wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 5:10pm
Much better :cool:
Yep did my team a big favour. "Up the Hammers!".
Do you guys get the crowd sound affects?
I think they are really good compared to without. Not sure if or how much of a delay there is but they are are good at getting to crowd reaction to a near miss, foul or goal etc..

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2029
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by gkbill »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 12:16am
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 5:54pm
Flex wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 5:10pm
Much better :cool:
Yep did my team a big favour. "Up the Hammers!".
Do you guys get the crowd sound affects?
I think they are really good compared to without. Not sure if or how much of a delay there is but they are are good at getting to crowd reaction to a near miss, foul or goal etc..
Hello,

Agreed. I watched the first week of EPL without crowd effects - interesting to hear the players. After 1-2 weeks of EPL and Bundeliga matches, it go told. The effects make for much better viewing. In the US, you can still get the video without crowd effects on the NC app, but it's much better with the effect. The producers have gotten much better at incorporating the effects with the game.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

gkbill wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 12:59am
101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 12:16am
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 5:54pm
Flex wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 5:10pm
Much better :cool:
Yep did my team a big favour. "Up the Hammers!".
Do you guys get the crowd sound affects?
I think they are really good compared to without. Not sure if or how much of a delay there is but they are are good at getting to crowd reaction to a near miss, foul or goal etc..
Hello,

Agreed. I watched the first week of EPL without crowd effects - interesting to hear the players. After 1-2 weeks of EPL and Bundeliga matches, it go told. The effects make for much better viewing. In the US, you can still get the video without crowd effects on the NC app, but it's much better with the effect. The producers have gotten much better at incorporating the effects with the game.
Yep that’s definitely my view. I watched the first few weeks of Bundesliga with no crowd noise and although it was interesting to hear the players and what they were saying the novelty wore off pretty quickly.
With the simulated crowd noise at times you can forget there is no crowd there.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29236
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Flex »

Agreed with above. Watching Bundesliga without crowd noise was interesting at first but watching EPL matches with crowd noise is so, so much better. I haven't even tried the "no crowd noise" stream on the app.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46543
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 7:34pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 6:58pm
101Walterton wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 6:52pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 5:54pm
Flex wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 5:10pm
Much better :cool:
Yep did my team a big favour. "Up the Hammers!".
Just watching now, Chelsea defending like a school team. Got away with one (correctly) from VAR.
Shame they didn't play like that against City.
I guess what they did against City doesn’t count now, 3 points from the 2 games. With Leicester losing again it is getting very tight.
Just need to know if City’s ban will be upheld.
Looking at our remaining games we've a good shout for 3rd.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

Why all the fuss about Gomez leaving? Yeah he could be good or if he signed a contract we could get a fee for him leaving but if he was that good why hasn’t he played ( even in early FA Cup or Europa League) despite being 19???? Hardly a wonder kid any more he is older than Mason Greenwood and Brandon Williams.
With the players we have in his position it is unlikely he would get a kick in the EPL anyway?
Yes he could sign for someone else and do well (and I hope he does) but you can’t keep everyone in your squad.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46543
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:02pm
Why all the fuss about Gomez leaving? Yeah he could be good or if he signed a contract we could get a fee for him leaving but if he was that good why hasn’t he played ( even in early FA Cup or Europa League) despite being 19???? Hardly a wonder kid any more he is older than Mason Greenwood and Brandon Williams.
With the players we have in his position it is unlikely he would get a kick in the EPL anyway?
Yes he could sign for someone else and do well (and I hope he does) but you can’t keep everyone in your squad.
Not fit to wear Greenwoods boots.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46543
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Liverpool fans it's all down hill from here.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2029
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I'm very pleased with the performance of Christian Pulisic. He's scoring regularly and the quality of goals has been good. I don't have access to the British press so I'm curious as to how he's getting along with the locker room. Does he fit in? I understand the press reports will be very suspect, but I hope he fits in at Chelsea.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

gkbill wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 5:16pm
Hello,

I'm very pleased with the performance of Christian Pulisic. He's scoring regularly and the quality of goals has been good. I don't have access to the British press so I'm curious as to how he's getting along with the locker room. Does he fit in? I understand the press reports will be very suspect, but I hope he fits in at Chelsea.
Yep he’s a good young player and now showing consistency in his performances. Ability has always been evident but the fact Lampard is picking him regularly shows you all you need to know.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29236
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Flex »

I had to get up at 5:30am to watch today's West Ham game, and it was worth it. :cool:
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13056
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 9:35am
I had to get up at 5:30am to watch today's West Ham game, and it was worth it. :cool:
I can barely be bothered to fuck at 530am let alone get up for soccer.

Post Reply