Association Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21742
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

There have been 5 different champions in last 8 years of EPL not too many European leagues can say that.
Roll on next season.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21742
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

Got to feel for Pulisic, he has been Chelsea’s best player last few weeks, scores a cracking opening goal in cup final, is about to score his second and hamstring goes.
He could have been on way to M.O.T.M. award and a winners medal instead of being a loser.

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2035
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by gkbill »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 12:52am
Got to feel for Pulisic, he has been Chelsea’s best player last few weeks, scores a cracking opening goal in cup final, is about to score his second and hamstring goes.
He could have been on way to M.O.T.M. award and a winners medal instead of being a loser.
Hello,

True - he was screaming on the last stride before even getting the shot off. I just hope it's not bad...hamstrings have been notoriously bad for many players. I hope it doesn't affect his pace. He needs sufficient time off. He finished up having a great run of games at the end. The work on the first goal today - he sent the through ball and kept going forward scoring after a nice bit of footworking.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21742
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

gkbill wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 1:38am
101Walterton wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 12:52am
Got to feel for Pulisic, he has been Chelsea’s best player last few weeks, scores a cracking opening goal in cup final, is about to score his second and hamstring goes.
He could have been on way to M.O.T.M. award and a winners medal instead of being a loser.
Hello,

True - he was screaming on the last stride before even getting the shot off. I just hope it's not bad...hamstrings have been notoriously bad for many players. I hope it doesn't affect his pace. He needs sufficient time off. He finished up having a great run of games at the end. The work on the first goal today - he sent the through ball and kept going forward scoring after a nice bit of footworking.
Yes I can’t believe he managed to still shoot when you could see the muscle had already gone. Very brave.
They have Timo Werner coming in so there should be no pressure to rush him back.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21742
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

Come on Brentford!!!!!!

laxman
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2637
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by laxman »

101Walterton wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 4:39pm
Come on Brentford!!!!!!
I thought they were going to do it in the 2nd half of extra time until Fulham scored again, they looked dangerous.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21742
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 5:41pm
101Walterton wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 4:39pm
Come on Brentford!!!!!!
I thought they were going to do it in the 2nd half of extra time until Fulham scored again, they looked dangerous.
Got to feel sorry for the supporters with that track record in playoffs ☹️

laxman
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2637
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by laxman »

101Walterton wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 5:45pm
laxman wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 5:41pm
101Walterton wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 4:39pm
Come on Brentford!!!!!!
I thought they were going to do it in the 2nd half of extra time until Fulham scored again, they looked dangerous.
Got to feel sorry for the supporters with that track record in playoffs ☹️
It was there for them with two games to go, after WBA slipped up. A shame they didn't make it because from what I hear they have been superb this season.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21742
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 5:50pm
101Walterton wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 5:45pm
laxman wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 5:41pm
101Walterton wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 4:39pm
Come on Brentford!!!!!!
I thought they were going to do it in the 2nd half of extra time until Fulham scored again, they looked dangerous.
Got to feel sorry for the supporters with that track record in playoffs ☹️
It was there for them with two games to go, after WBA slipped up. A shame they didn't make it because from what I hear they have been superb this season.
And Fulham have had plenty of chances in EPL so pick up big ££££ every time they get promoted then again when relegated without actually achieving anything. Time for someone else to have a go.
To be fair Fulham’s first goal was a cracker ( second wasn’t bad either).

Post Reply