Association Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47239
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 7:54am
So, ManU supporters, who are you rooting for tonight?
Iron Lyon Zion.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5443
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Olaf »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 8:13am
Olaf wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 7:54am
So, ManU supporters, who are you rooting for tonight?
Iron Lyon Zion.
Well, there you go.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47239
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 5:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 8:13am
Olaf wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 7:54am
So, ManU supporters, who are you rooting for tonight?
Iron Lyon Zion.
Well, there you go.
My crystal ball never fails. ;)
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21973
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 5:58pm
Olaf wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 5:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 8:13am
Olaf wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 7:54am
So, ManU supporters, who are you rooting for tonight?
Iron Lyon Zion.
Well, there you go.
My crystal ball never fails. ;)
:mrgreen: just watched it delayed as I wasn’t getting up early on a Sunday even to watch City lose.
I’ve watched all 4 QF and they were all good to watch for different reasons.

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5443
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Olaf »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 5:58pm
Olaf wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 5:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 8:13am
Olaf wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 7:54am
So, ManU supporters, who are you rooting for tonight?
Iron Lyon Zion.
Well, there you go.
My crystal ball never fails. ;)
Could you PM me next week's Lotto results please or would that be too much to ask?

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47239
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 7:12am
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 5:58pm
Olaf wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 5:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 8:13am
Olaf wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 7:54am
So, ManU supporters, who are you rooting for tonight?
Iron Lyon Zion.
Well, there you go.
My crystal ball never fails. ;)
Could you PM me next week's Lotto results please or would that be too much to ask?
Not a problem. I'm always very close to winning. Usually only 6 numbers out.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2136
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Interesting schedule upcoming. No EPL, no La Liga. Bayern will be tough to beat (I hope I'm not jinxing them by saying so). Meuller said: We want to show from the very start that there is no hope and there is no point hoping for a miracle." Too cocky?

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21973
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

gkbill wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 3:07pm
Hello,

Interesting schedule upcoming. No EPL, no La Liga. Bayern will be tough to beat (I hope I'm not jinxing them by saying so). Meuller said: We want to show from the very start that there is no hope and there is no point hoping for a miracle." Too cocky?
Sometimes arrogance is good. What about this arrogance from Ronnie O’Sullivan about the snooker World Championships:

“If you look at me and Mark and John, the younger players coming through…they’re not that good really. Most of them might do okay as half decent amateurs. They are so bad, a lot of them I think ‘You’d have to lose an arm and a leg to fall outside the top 50’. That’s maybe why we are still hovering around”.

He said that BEFORE the World Championships and then went and won it!!!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47239
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 6:07pm
gkbill wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 3:07pm
Hello,

Interesting schedule upcoming. No EPL, no La Liga. Bayern will be tough to beat (I hope I'm not jinxing them by saying so). Meuller said: We want to show from the very start that there is no hope and there is no point hoping for a miracle." Too cocky?
Sometimes arrogance is good. What about this arrogance from Ronnie O’Sullivan about the snooker World Championships:

“If you look at me and Mark and John, the younger players coming through…they’re not that good really. Most of them might do okay as half decent amateurs. They are so bad, a lot of them I think ‘You’d have to lose an arm and a leg to fall outside the top 50’. That’s maybe why we are still hovering around”.

He said that BEFORE the World Championships and then went and won it!!!
There is a big difference between arrogance and cockyness. Ronnie was being genuine. Very hard on those trying to come up through the system. But the statement was really a dig at the way the system is run.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5443
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Olaf »

O'zapft is!
Attachments
Wiesn-Besuch-des-FC-Bayern-Muenchen.jpg

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47239
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 5:27pm
O'zapft is!
Attachments
00gobbo90%27s.jpg
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21973
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

Best team won.
Yet again I gave Neymar the benefit of the doubt and yet again he proved to me what I always knew that that he is overrated!! He had the chance to put PSG 1 up and he blew it. Doesn’t matter that Nuer did well, if you get paid €1 mil a season you score those goals.

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5443
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Olaf »

101Walterton wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 6:25pm
Best team won.
Not a Bayern fan at all, but I have to agree. Everybody's talking about Kloppo or Nagelsmann, but Flick has done an impressive job there.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47239
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
24 Aug 2020, 11:16am
101Walterton wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 6:25pm
Best team won.
Not a Bayern fan at all, but I have to agree. Everybody's talking about Kloppo or Nagelsmann, but Flick has done an impressive job there.
Yeah I agree he's done excellent.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21973
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Aug 2020, 11:21am
Olaf wrote:
24 Aug 2020, 11:16am
101Walterton wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 6:25pm
Best team won.
Not a Bayern fan at all, but I have to agree. Everybody's talking about Kloppo or Nagelsmann, but Flick has done an impressive job there.
Yeah I agree he's done excellent.
I think there is a lack of teams at the elite level at the moment but full credit to Flick. That team only cost something like €90m which is even more impressive.

Post Reply