Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob »

Kimmelweck wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 9:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 8:55pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 8:09pm
After seeing this stuff at the liquor store the last few trips and checking out a couple reviews online, I picked up a bottle for 10 bucks a couple days ago. I’m a fan of eggnog, and if you can suppress the gag factor at the thought of mixing it with Evan Williams, this isn’t bad at all. One (positive) review I read referred to the smell/aftertaste as having a slight hint of “barnyard funk” (which is true), but it doesn’t terribly overpower the nog, so I’d give it a solid 7/10. I’ll probably pick up another bottle or two to enjoy through the winter months, but it has at least inspired me to just get some eggnog from the grocery store and pick up a bottle of rum or cognac and make my own better version.
I don't think I've had eggnog since I was a kid. It was a super creamy and sugary concoction that was manufactured by Saskatchewan's main milk provider. The thought of it makes me a bit queasy (I'm a skim milk person nowadays). Something with serious booze, tho, has some appeal.
Yeah I’m a skim milk guy too, and this a strictly a holiday treat. Kinda like Bailey’s Irish Cream. In 80 degree or higher summer heat I wouldn’t keep it down for 2 minutes. Enjoying it for now though, 30 proof. I passed it up for a week or two, but don’t regret buying a bottle.
Thanks for reminding me of Bailey's. Love it on ice cream.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 9:14pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
After seeing this stuff at the liquor store the last few trips and checking out a couple reviews online, I picked up a bottle for 10 bucks a couple days ago. I’m a fan of eggnog, and if you can suppress the gag factor at the thought of mixing it with Evan Williams, this isn’t bad at all. One (positive) review I read referred to the smell/aftertaste as having a slight hint of “barnyard funk” (which is true), but it doesn’t terribly overpower the nog, so I’d give it a solid 7/10. I’ll probably pick up another bottle or two to enjoy through the winter months, but it has at least inspired me to just get some eggnog from the grocery store and pick up a bottle of rum or cognac and make my own better version.
I don't think I've had eggnog since I was a kid. It was a super creamy and sugary concoction that was manufactured by Saskatchewan's main milk provider. The thought of it makes me a bit queasy (I'm a skim milk person nowadays). Something with serious booze, tho, has some appeal.
Yeah I’m a skim milk guy too, and this a strictly a holiday treat. Kinda like Bailey’s Irish Cream. In 80 degree or higher summer heat I wouldn’t keep it down for 2 minutes. Enjoying it for now though, 30 proof. I passed it up for a week or two, but don’t regret buying a bottle.
Thanks for reminding me of Bailey's. Love it on ice cream.
Yeah I need to pick up a bottle of that too. In the winter months (5-6 months of the year here) it's nice to have a variety of that kind of stuff on hand for when it gets dark at 5pm.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
The Boss buys Bailey's maybe once a year. It doesn't last long as I use it instead of cream in my coffee.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

RE: egg nog, we get the almond make faux egg nog stuff cuz it's a little healthier and lighter and still has some of the flavor. I use it as coffee creamer for the holidays and mixed drinks also for the holidays.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Flex wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 2:35am
RE: egg nog, we get the almond make faux egg nog stuff cuz it's a little healthier and lighter and still has some of the flavor. I use it as coffee creamer for the holidays and mixed drinks also for the holidays.
I like egg nog, but the dairy is too much for me. I'd forgotten about almond variety, I like your suggestion about using it as a coffee creamer, Gotta go get some now.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Still on my holiday eggnog kick, I ditched the Evan Williams nog and picked up some grocery store brand eggnog and a bottle of cheap (Admiral Nelson’s) spiced rum. It’s less expensive this way and tastes better, without the barnyard funk ($21 for 1.5 liters of EW nog vs $32 total for 1.9 liters of store-bought eggnog and 1.75 liters of rum). And wouldn’t you know it, the person ahead of me in line at the grocery story was the lady who runs the liquor store. It’s a Christmas miracle! :mrgreen:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 7:27pm
Still on my holiday eggnog kick, I ditched the Evan Williams nog and picked up some grocery store brand eggnog and a bottle of cheap (Admiral Nelson’s) spiced rum. It’s less expensive this way and tastes better, without the barnyard funk ($21 for 1.5 liters of EW nog vs $32 total for 1.9 liters of store-bought eggnog and 1.75 liters of rum). And wouldn’t you know it, the person ahead of me in line at the grocery story was the lady who runs the liquor store. It’s a Christmas miracle! :mrgreen:
I'm only a fan of rum in combinations—hot buttered rum (the perfect dark winter drink), dark & stormy—so I'm inclined to pursue this if I can find a non-choky eggnog option.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 8:10pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
I'm only a fan of rum in combinations—hot buttered rum (the perfect dark winter drink), dark & stormy—so I'm inclined to pursue this if I can find a non-choky eggnog option.
Yeah I’m not a guy to do shots or sip a plain glass of rum. I’ve stuck to wine all year, and I like the way the buzz creeps over me fairly gradually. The nog I got isn’t too thick, and thins up nicely after I add the rum (roughly 1:3 or 1:4 rum:nog ratio). I might give it a dusting of cinnamon next time. Definitely not a mid-summer thing, but it’s a nice festive holiday drink in small quantities.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
My wife made rum cake, so damn good.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 8:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Yeah I’m not a guy to do shots or sip a plain glass of rum. I’ve stuck to wine all year, and I like the way the buzz creeps over me fairly gradually. The nog I got isn’t too thick, and thins up nicely after I add the rum (roughly 1:3 or 1:4 rum:nog ratio). I might give it a dusting of cinnamon next time. Definitely not a mid-summer thing, but it’s a nice festive holiday drink in small quantities.
I found a vegan recipe for eggnog that I'll try. That seems less thick than the usual.
revbob wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 9:35pm
My wife made rum cake, so damn good.
It's been at least a decade since I've had real rum cake. This needs to be Rumcember!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Keeping the Imperial stout theme going...
Attachments
20220101_000526.jpg
20211231_211038.jpg

Flex

Post by Flex »

drinking a heady topper to close out 2021 :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 1:27am
drinking a heady topper to close out 2021 :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Im so sorry to hear that.

Go listen To Phish why dont ya

Flex

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 1:31am
Flex wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 1:27am
Im so sorry to hear that.

Go listen To Phish why dont ya
sorry, can't read this over the sound of how awesome this heady topper is. assume it's words of congratulations for drinking such a great beer

Pex Lives!