Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BitterTom »

Wouldn't ever buy anything like this but it was a Christmas gift from work, not bad at all though wasted on me. Perfect for Alex's birthday anyway.
Attachments
20220111_211120.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20220114_130420.jpg
Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. The glass seems a bit small though...

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

revbob wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 2:07pm
20220114_130420.jpg

Midday beer? I'd be asleep by 3 o'clock! Looks good though mate.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 2:43pm
revbob wrote:
20220114_130420.jpg

Midday beer? I'd be asleep by 3 o'clock! Looks good though mate.
I think it was a lunch portion.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

When I was single I usually went out for lunch and had a beer or two with it. It was nice, but made me want to take a nap afterwards, so getting back to work was pretty tough.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 5:32pm
When I was single I usually went out for lunch and had a beer or two with it. It was nice, but made me want to take a nap afterwards, so getting back to work was pretty tough.
Yeah, I habitually have a beer when I go for lunch even tho I know that mid-day drinking makes me super logey. I'll still do it, but foreknowledge doesn't change the result.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 6:08pm
Olaf wrote:
Yeah, I habitually have a beer when I go for lunch even tho I know that mid-day drinking makes me super logey. I'll still do it, but foreknowledge doesn't change the result.
I think I was fine with just one but of course I went for two. And was ready for a nap around 330. But Im coming back strong now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 6:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
I think I was fine with just one but of course I went for two. And was ready for a nap around 330. But Im coming back strong now.
Just in time for evening drinks!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 6:24pm
revbob wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 6:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Just in time for evening drinks!
Maybe but right now Im feeling I dont want any. And that's probably a good thing. I need to bring some cider in the house before it freezes.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
20220114_130420.jpg

I'm using a damn magnifying glass trying to read the rest of the beer menu. It looks thorough!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 7:12pm
revbob wrote:
20220114_130420.jpg

I'm using a damn magnifying glass trying to read the rest of the beer menu. It looks thorough!
I should have taken a pic. It can change from day to day, certainly week to week. They break it down by styles which I like. I now dont have to look thru a list of 20 IPAs to find something palatable for me. The smaller glasses are a new development that Im none to pleased about.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Beers
Attachments
521A03AF-ABDE-471A-B514-B05C26E43409.jpeg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Went to get vitamins but the pharmacy was closed, so I switched missions and got some dark rum and made a hot buttered rum. Plan B is not always the weaker option.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 1:57pm
Went to get vitamins but the pharmacy was closed, so I switched missions and got some dark rum and made a hot buttered rum. Plan B is not always the weaker option.
Beats vitamins any time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 3:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 1:57pm
Beats vitamins any time.
Having it after a light lunch has left me seriously logey. But, damn, it's perfect winter booze.