Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob »

20220125_195046.jpg
A nice and boozy porter 9.1abv, very tasty, Im loving it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Apparently it's day drinking today. I had a stiff rum and coke with a very light lunch, which has led to a second, and I've now got that pleasantly numb effect. I've got a couple drinks worth left in the rum, so hit me up for a loan in the next few hours.

edit: I admitted to the Boss that I'm well on my way today. I told her that instead of judging me, I should get a present for being honest. I'm not sure I'm getting a present.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 3:19pm
Apparently it's day drinking today. I had a stiff rum and coke with a very light lunch, which has led to a second, and I've now got that pleasantly numb effect. I've got a couple drinks worth left in the rum, so hit me up for a loan in the next few hours.

edit: I admitted to the Boss that I'm well on my way today. I told her that instead of judging me, I should get a present for being honest. I'm not sure I'm getting a present.
Tell her to join you.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 4:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Tell her to join you.
She doesn't drink much. It's frustrating seeing her nurse a drink for two hours.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I went out for a nice walk on the lake today and when I got back I prepped a chicken to roast and say down with this.
20220130_152934.jpg
A nice local brew. Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Porter. Kind of light for an Imperial at 7% but very tasty as the aroma of roast chicken with garlic and rosemary waft thru the air.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 5:01pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Tell her to join you.
She doesn't drink much. It's frustrating seeing her nurse a drink for two hours.
Ha, our wives must be related. She'll ask for a taste of my beer and say oh thats good and maybe have a bit more but she's never finished a single beer nor glass of wine in the 30+ years Ive known her.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 5:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 5:01pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Tell her to join you.
Ha, our wives must be related. She'll ask for a taste of my beer and say oh thats good and maybe have a bit more but she's never finished a single beer nor glass of wine in the 30+ years Ive known her.
She's really goading me to reach over and finish her drink. And then gets annoyed when I do.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

She's waiting until after the rum is gone, and giving you a Kiss boxset.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 6:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

She's waiting until after the rum is gone, and giving you a Kiss boxset.
Couldn't she just serve me divorce papers?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

i don't think i've ever seen the missus drink an entire serving of alcoholic beverage. the rare time she gets an Adult Beverage, she usually takes a few sips and then continuously dilutes it with sparking water/mixer/whatever so the drink is both never finished and keeps getting less and less alcoholic with every sip. Maybe all our wives need to start a group chat on the best ways to technically-but-not-really drink.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 7:11pm
Maybe all our wives need to start a group chat on the best ways to technically-but-not-really drink.
It would almost certainly morph into a finger-wagging exercise at our expense.

Also, my rum is gone so I'm done for the day/evening.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 7:24pm
Flex wrote:
Maybe all our wives need to start a group chat on the best ways to technically-but-not-really drink.

This.

I pretty much always have rum. And believe it or not its the wife's doing. She cooks with mostly.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 7:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 7:24pm
Flex wrote:

This.

I pretty much always have rum. And believe it or not its the wife's doing. She cooks with mostly.
The funny thing is I rarely drink rum. I'm more likely to have hangoverish results and it's something I've never been able to drink without some kind of heavy mix. I'm normally good for two impulse bottles per year—one for Dark & Stormies and one for Hot Buttered Rum.

edit: Tangentially related, the Boss asked me "why ya gotta be such a weirdo?" I said we've been together almost thirty years and she hasn't figured that out? That's on her, not me.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

brandy+old+fashioned.jpg
Picked up a bottle of this on Friday. The Old Fashioned is kind of a big thing around these parts and while I like them, I typically don't like mixing drinks at home. This takes away that problem. Just mix with Squirt and I can have an Old Fashioned Sour in minutes. 65 proof, too, so it will keep you warm on a cold Wisconsin night.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 9:02pm
brandy+old+fashioned.jpg

Picked up a bottle of this on Friday. The Old Fashioned is kind of a big thing around these parts and while I like them, I typically don't like mixing drinks at home. This takes away that problem. Just mix with Squirt and I can have an Old Fashioned Sour in minutes. 65 proof, too, so it will keep you warm on a cold Wisconsin night.
Squirt and brown is the true American standard.