Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob »

Olaf wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 2:39pm
Heston's favourite version of Black Diamond.
You gotta love how people who look down on people who drink are pushing booze.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 9:53pm
instagram.com/p/Cm-AeTTpxCv/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
Looks like a great time :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 10:01pm
revbob wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 9:53pm
instagram.com/p/Cm-AeTTpxCv/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
Looks like a great time :cool:
For real. Hoping the barrel aged version comes out in 6-12 months. :cool:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

For the new year, I wish you two the realization of deep shame.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20230114_154302.jpg
So TJs opened here about 9 years ago. This sold for $6.99 a 6pack. I went there today and its still $6.99/6pack

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Just got a text from my neighborhood liquor store: “You are our best customer. [possibly true but :scared: ] Enjoy 20% off all wine today and tomorrow.” I don’t think I can pass up this offer.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
14 Jan 2023, 4:45pm
20230114_154302.jpg

So TJs opened here about 9 years ago. This sold for $6.99 a 6pack. I went there today and its still $6.99/6pack
Their holiday beer that Unibroue contract brews was $5.99 for a 750mL (9% ABV too) ten years ago and is still $5.99. Two Buck Chuck is now $3.50 or so, but some of their contract beers are as cheap as they've ever been.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Having my first glass of amarone wine. First time I've ever made that kind. Very, very dry, but quite smooth tasting. Not something I would have liked when I first started making wine, but it's rather appealing. I think it'd go very well with steak if you care about such things.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 7:09pm
Having my first glass of amarone wine. First time I've ever made that kind. Very, very dry, but quite smooth tasting. Not something I would have liked when I first started making wine, but it's rather appealing. I think it'd go very well with steak if you care about such things.
You bring the wine and I'll make the steaks.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 7:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
If I ever make it down there—well, shit, I *will* eventually cross the border into Insanityland again—we will drink and if you serve me meat I will eat it.

(Also, on my second glass, I really like this stuff. It's a more expensive kit, but I think I'm going to have do another batch.)

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 8:05pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
If I ever make it down there—well, shit, I *will* eventually cross the border into Insanityland again—we will drink and if you serve me meat I will eat it.

(Also, on my second glass, I really like this stuff. It's a more expensive kit, but I think I'm going to have do another batch.)
You should both get your asses to SLAPSHOT!

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 8:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I won't be ready to go to Insanityland by then. I'm thinking late 2020s. :twitch:

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 8:20pm
Flex wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 8:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I won't be ready to go to Insanityland by then. I'm thinking late 2020s. :twitch:
To paraphrase Warren Miller: "if you don't do it this year, Insanityland will just be one year insaner when you do"

Pex Lives!