Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 10:08pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 11:02pm
revbob wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 10:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 10:19pm
revbob wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 9:50pm
20210225_204831.jpg
9%! That's snoozing beer for sure.
I like a good tasting high alcohol beer.
APPROVE! Schilling Beer Co. is one of my favorites lately. I went to their brewery in Littleton, NH in the fall. They make a good pizza too.
I need to get out more. Can you get the Catamount down your way Dave?
The Catamount? I used to drink a lot of Catamount double bock back in college.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 10:32pm
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 10:19pm

9%! That's snoozing beer for sure.
APPROVE! Schilling Beer Co. is one of my favorites lately. I went to their brewery in Littleton, NH in the fall. They make a good pizza too.
I think the Harpoon people bought it. They have released an IPA and the old Portner.

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 10:43pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 10:32pm
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
revbob wrote:

I think the Harpoon people bought it. They have released an IPA and the old Portner.
I think the only place I've seen it down here was at the Harpoon Brewery store.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Went to my old beer store today. What a selection. Picked up some new stuff and enjoyed it while grilling some sirloin tips.
20210309_201308.jpg

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 9:16pm
Went to my old beer store today. What a selection. Picked up some new stuff and enjoyed it while grilling some sirloin tips.

20210309_201308.jpg
I drank a lot of Catamount Porter in 1994. I'll have to grab some next time I'm up there.

Vermont Beer Makers are great. How's the stout?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 12:18am
revbob wrote:

20210309_201308.jpg
I drank a lot of Catamount Porter in 1994. I'll have to grab some next time I'm up there.

The stout is excellent

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 8:29am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
revbob wrote:

20210309_201308.jpg

The stout is excellent
Sometimes I see the maple and it's too sweet. I like when those have just a hint.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 4:02pm
revbob wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 8:29am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
revbob wrote:

20210309_201308.jpg

The stout is excellent
Sometimes I see the maple and it's too sweet. I like when those have just a hint.
I did not think it too sweet.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So a condo went up a couple blocks from us. Main floor has a bank and a Starbucks—big whoop—but the other day we saw in the largest space a bunch of refrigerated cases and check-out spots. There's a big grocery store half a block away and an organic store a block and a half, so I'm hoping it's a booze store. So much so now that I've convinced myself that's what it is—a booze store and a hardware store are the things we're lacking nearby—and I'm going to be deeply disappointed if that's not what it is. I'll be goddamned if I have to continue walking 15 minutes there and 15 minutes back to get some bourbon. I pay taxes, you know, so I deserve something 2 minutes away! :angry:
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 10:11am
So a condo went up a couple blocks from us. Main floor has a bank and a Starbucks—big whoop—but the other day we saw in the largest space a bunch of refrigerated cases and check-out spots. There's a big grocery store half a block away and an organic store a block and a half, so I'm hoping it's a booze store. So much so now that I've convinced myself that's what it is—a booze store and a hardware store are the things we're lacking nearby—and I'm going to be deeply disappointed if that's not what it is. I'll be goddamned if I have to continue walking 15 minutes there and 15 minutes back to get some bourbon. I pay taxes, you know, so I deserve something 2 minutes away! :angry:
We spent a week in Toronto back in 2019 (oh, those awesome days when we could travel) and there was a LCBO within walking distance from where we were staying. I think I visited every day we were there.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 10:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
We spent a week in Toronto back in 2019 (oh, those awesome days when we could travel) and there was a LCBO within walking distance from where we were staying. I think I visited every day we were there.
We have, literally, five coffee shops within 3 blocks of us. Depressants are where it's at now, c'mon.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 11:46am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
We have, literally, five coffee shops within 3 blocks of us. Depressants are where it's at now, c'mon.
My neighborhood has both coke and heroin dealers, full service!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 1:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 11:46am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
My neighborhood has both coke and heroin dealers, full service!
Who says America's best days are past?

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 2:24pm

Who says America's best days are past?
Not Tito! He gets the good shit.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Had this the other night. It's a bourbon barrel aged stout with Amburana wood spirals. The Amburana put out insane cinnamon/spice notes eventhough the beer itself had no actual added spices. I'm not huge into spiced stouts, so I liked, didn't love it, but it was a trip to have something taste so spice forward without having spices. 14.6% ABV, but very well balanced.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.