Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob »

Whoa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I truly had an argument with a guy who was talking to me about Japanese Scotch. Like seriously though whiskey sure but Scotch is Scotch for a fucking reason

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 7:10pm

I truly had an argument with a guy who was talking to me about Japanese Scotch. Like seriously though whiskey sure but Scotch is Scotch for a fucking reason
Reminds me of a family story involving two cousins. Older brother was teaching English in Japan and married a Japanese woman. Which was where the wedding was held. His younger brother and fiance flew over for the wedding. Fiance was from Vancouver came from great wealth and was one of those rich kids who saw money as immunity from discovering the world. So at an restaurant, the fiance loudly proclaimed that Vancouver sushi was the only legitimate sushi. In Japan. Just classic ugly American (well, Canadian) kind of statement, both ignorant and arrogant. (Younger cousin married fiance, marriage went south, and he was utterly gouged in the settlement to be rid of her. Upside is that, as far as I know, he's much happier with new wife and newer child.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 7:24pm
revbob wrote:

Reminds me of a family story involving two cousins. Older brother was teaching English in Japan and married a Japanese woman. Which was where the wedding was held. His younger brother and fiance flew over for the wedding. Fiance was from Vancouver came from great wealth and was one of those rich kids who saw money as immunity from discovering the world. So at an restaurant, the fiance loudly proclaimed that Vancouver sushi was the only legitimate sushi. In Japan. Just classic ugly American (well, Canadian) kind of statement, both ignorant and arrogant. (Younger cousin married fiance, marriage went south, and he was utterly gouged in the settlement to be rid of her. Upside is that, as far as I know, he's much happier with new wife and newer child.)
Wow that's just insane.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 7:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Wow that's just insane.

That reminds me of how almost every mid-size American city thinks they have a special style of pizza.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 7:45pm
revbob wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 7:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Wow that's just insane.

That reminds me of how almost every mid-size American city thinks they have a special style of pizza.
Credit where credit is due: St. Louis' cheese slice and ketchup on a cracker is very special.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Detroit style is a thing now I guess. I had it from a reputable local source and thought it tasted like Pizza Hut, but a little better. I guess it is a distinct style I guess, but pretty blah.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

matedog wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 9:08pm
Detroit style is a thing now I guess. I had it from a reputable local source and thought it tasted like Pizza Hut, but a little better. I guess it is a distinct style I guess, but pretty blah.
I think the Pizza Hut comparison is a little harsh but I can see where this person is coming from. Maybe they had a shitty version of it. This stuff hit New York while I was living there and I had it a few times happily. I like the way the cheese gets slightly burned at the crust point although the pepperoni was a little too heavy for my taste (I do love pepperoni cups just not this much meat.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Enjoyable
4427CB15-E14C-4519-8294-5C5BBF2FA673.jpeg

matedog

Post by matedog »

Coffee vanilla porter pairs well with COVID vax round 2.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 7:39pm
Coffee vanilla porter pairs well with COVID vax round 2.
Fuck yeah, cheers!
Attachments
result_1618622290877.jpg
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 5:03pm
Enjoyable
Just had a few beers at Zero Gravity today. They had a 12% imperial stout. It tasted like a boilermaker made with a stout and shot of whiskey.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 9:32pm
Just had a few beers at Zero Gravity today. They had a 12% imperial stout. It tasted like a boilermaker made with a stout and shot of whiskey.
The IPA I just displayed is from a new brewery down the road from me, and they have a GREAT looking stout and coffee porter on draft. Didn't get them because they were a bit pricier but between those and the really nice ESB I had earlier it seems like a really well-balanced menu. You gotta come out to CO, man.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 5:03pm
Enjoyable
Sweet sweet irony.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Just havin some limes with Rainier tonight, which I call Tropical Rain.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 9:41pm
revbob wrote:
The IPA I just displayed is from a new brewery down the road from me, and they have a GREAT looking stout and coffee porter on draft. Didn't get them because they were a bit pricier but between those and the really nice ESB I had earlier it seems like a really well-balanced menu. You gotta come out to CO, man.
Yeah another friend is moving out there so yeah I need to find my way out there again.